Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 18:31   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Pricing of just Rs 15.99 per kWh | Will Jio BP disrupt the EV charging market?

EV users who are adamant on charging all the way to 100% SOC should shift to AC charging after 90% SOC.

The reason being is that it frees up the charger to those charging till 80% only. This applies to EVs like Tiago,Tigor, Nexon and eC3 which uses less then 8kw charge speed at 90% SOC, dropping to well below 3kw during 95% SOC.
For charging from 90% to 95% SOC takes 20 minutes whether its done in DC fast charger or AC slow charging.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:48   #17
BHPian

Re: Pricing of just Rs 15.99 per kWh | Will Jio BP disrupt the EV charging market?

Ideally, there should be a system where cars should register themselves in a queue if the charging station is occupied. The system should automatically cutoff the car at 85% if there are more cars in the queue.

If there are two guns, one with say 30kw and the other with 50kw and if a car with max. charging speed 30KW is using the 50KW gun, the system should automatically stop the charge in case of a queue. While this may sound drastic, such measures are needed to promote behaviour change.
Old 14th November 2023, 22:50   #18
bkc
BHPian

Hi,
My ownership report of tiago ev is pending. Soon to arrive. I've completed 14k kms.

Range is around 200+ and, I always drive in Sports mode.
Charging on Highway works out expensive, almost equal to Diesel cars.
Range will also be less on Highways, you can't drive in 60s and cause public nuisance.

Jio Bps stations are usually good and always available. Another reliable one is Zeon. Most of the Other brands, turn off power or don't work on most occasions.
Jio Bps, lower rate is welcoming, but still expensive as commercial power is 13rs per unit.
Days are near that charging will become cheaper.
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 20:13   #19

A bit off topic, but wanted to check if Rs.17 per kWh that my residential society is charging for fast charging an EV reasonable? The unit rate for electricity in Noida is ~Rs.7.

I’m a newbie in the EV space and don’t really know whether this is on par with standard rates that societies charge.
Old 17th November 2023, 20:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
A bit off topic, but wanted to check if Rs.17 per kWh that my residential society is charging for fast charging an EV reasonable? The unit rate for electricity in Noida is ~Rs.7.

I’m a newbie in the EV space and don’t really know whether this is on par with standard rates that societies charge.
Have you checked the commercial rates? Society parking charging facility would come under commercial IMO.
Old 17th November 2023, 22:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
A bit off-topic, but wanted to check if the Rs.17 per kWh that my residential society is charging for fast charging an EV is reasonable. The unit rate for electricity in Noida is ~Rs.7.

I’m a newbie in the EV space and don’t know whether this is on par with the standard rates that societies charge.
Is it on par? not really if it is a type 2 charger. Is it reasonable? No there is a profit built into it. The commercial rate of electricity is Rs. 10-12 per kwh. For residential societies which have a master meter from the electricity board get the residential rate of electricity which is Rs.8 per kwh. For these societies, there is no separate commercial rate for electricity used for chargers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks