Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 16:16   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Skandyhere! Would love to read up on your ownership experience. New thread + pictures please.
Old 9th June 2009, 19:59   #62
BHPian

That , my friend, would be precisely true if we were being supplied power by nuclear plants or hydro-electric plants only. Just being a stickler for the point here

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
I do not pollute and that makes me proud.
Pictures would be much appreciated. And its great to see concern for the environment. While I am sold on the Reva's other aspects , how about safety ?Even within the cities its not unheard of to have a smack at high speeds on sides / back / front. I have had an experience where I found myself praising the Daewoo engineers for the crash protective steel bar inside the doors.
Old 17th June 2009, 19:40   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
I remember reading a grossly negative ownership review of Reva on tbhp.
What you have read in the owner's review is good. I would say that the review is not complete. On the negative side is the life of batteries, their cost and total lifetime mileage of the motor. When all these are considered along with the limitations of space and range you may find that you better buy an Indica unless you are buying a second car.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:47   #64
BHPian

Sorry, I haven't been checking this thread since a while. I guess there's more interest (curious interest) in the Reva than I'd thought.

I once again buy a little more time to post the pics. Just haven't been frequenting t-bhp as much as I should!

@ttrk - I paid 4.5 for the top end version. The other variants cost 3.5 and 4.1 lac.
@tanwaramit & GTO - Thank you! Yes Sirs, I shall start a new thread for putting in my ownership experience.
@takumisan - The Reva has been crash-tested by NCAP AFTER Top Gear's wanton propaganda (?) against the car on the safety front. Will elaborate more on it in the new thread.
@sivasankaram - The first battery replacement is free of cost in case one subscribes to a maintenance payment schedule, which makes it quite a good deal. As for the other limitations, it is assumed that a Reva would surely not be the only car in the household.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:55   #65
BHPian

Correction : @takumisan - The Reva has been crash-tested by ARAI after Top Gear's wanton propaganda (or extreme bias?) against the car
Old 18th June 2009, 13:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
@ttrk - I paid 4.5 for the top end version. The other variants cost 3.5 and 4.1 lac.
Thanks for the info.

We have a Reva in town. KA registered and white. But must be second hand for the present owner.
Old 18th June 2009, 15:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

We have a Reva in town. KA registered and white. But must be second hand for the present owner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Attn Moderator:-

Pls edit if required as this is a cut and paste job from a news item.

(Is this kind of cut & past allowed in the post?)

Please see the attachment below. May be of interest to REVA owners.
reva li-ion posts

GoinGreen, the UK distributor of Reva's G-Wiz, has announced prices and specifications of the tiny quadricycle with upgraded lithium ion batteries. The good news: the new model has a range of up to 75 miles, up from 48 in the older, non-li-ion version. Both models sport a 51 mph top speed, but the new lithium-powered version costs almost twice as much as the standard one: base prices start at £15,795 and £7,995, respectively. The li-ion version will also be available with an optional fast charge unit and uses about 20 percent less energy to charge. See more differences between the two models in this spec sheet. If you have a non-li-ion G-Wiz, GoinGreen will offer to convert your car to the new powertrain. Price TBA.

GoingGreen claims that this car is "the world's first mainstream electric vehicle powered by lithium-ion battery technology." Well, that's kind of bold. Is the G-Wiz more "mainstream" than a Tesla Roadster because of the price? Delivery of the G-Wiz L-ion will commence in May. More details after the jump.

Gallery:
[Source: GoinGreen]
Old 18th June 2009, 16:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Takumi-san;1339643]That , my friend, would be precisely true if we were being supplied power by nuclear plants or hydro-electric plants only. Just being a stickler for the point here

Since he is in Bengaluru, and more than 50% of power comes from Hydro projects, he is entitled to feel good about not polluting. Also, a lot of mini-hydel, wind projects are coming up in the state which should be encouraging.

Last edited by srishiva : 18th June 2009 at 16:18.
Old 21st June 2009, 19:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

pic of Reva EV running in L-ION.
Attached Thumbnails
2006 Maini Reva (G-Wiz) - An Ownership Review-img-287.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 21:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

TIME magazine has an article about Reva:

At a time when almost every carmaker in the world is looking at making environmentally friendly vehicles, a little-known Indian company is jumping the queue by ramping up production of a low-cost electric car called the Reva.

The Reva: India's $12,000 Electric Car - TIME
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

Does Reva got any new models for release soon?Any Dealership+service centre expansion plans?
Old 11th August 2009, 21:30   #72
BHPian

I am amazed that this thread is still attracting so much attention, six months after I started it!

My little Reva is still going strong - it's a great car for driving around town.

I visited Bangalore in March this year and visited the Reva factory. I was very excited with what I saw - the company is growing and has some ambitious plans for the future.

With around 120 people in their research and development departments, they are rivalling a lot of much larger companies in their development potential for electric cars. For sure, companies like Ford and the alike are making big announcements, but the much hyped cars they are launching in the US in 2011 have been developed by a much smaller R&D team than Reva have got.

Here in the UK, I am working on installing a solar panel on the roof of my car. If it is successful, it will become an optional extra available from the Reva Owners Club (Reva Electric Car Club).

On solar power alone, it should be possible to have a range of around 5 miles a day - not a lot, but for some people who only drive once or twice a week and only go short distances, that could mean they could have a completely solar powered car.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:14   #73
BHPian

Some more of Reva car owner's experiences

Just discovered this thread, through the links posted by the moderator - very detailed and informative thread I must say, and really a well written writeup by Mike (generously written I feel :-), the Reva guys would love to read)

I've shared my experiences here both good and bad to be fair and transparent based on the Indian experience of owning it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...es-shared.html

Noted a few areas that have a scope of improvement in this lovely car, noted them point-wise in my observations.

Also to add - the battery costs around Rs 60,000/- (not talking about Li-Ion) once every three years on an average - would be great if they come up with some economically viable options to reduce the cost of ownership when it comes to the batteries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks