Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vodafone India sues customer for posting defamatory Facebook statuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I think either you're completely wrong, or consumercomplaints.in or suchlike sites should be shut down. asap. Newspapers should be barred from such content. TBHP should apologise and shut down the Skoda thread. Eh? NO way!
e.g Vodafone Postpaid Connection Complaints - Harrasment and threatning call by Vodafone (read one of the comments as well - your comments were valid if they were personal numbers, not the official numbers. official numbers are for official purposes - they are not unlisted personal numbers!)
I have no idea how vodafone's service or attitude is, never dealt with them. I was giving them benefit of doubt. There must have been a reason if they took this step, which obviously backfired.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Today's example of how bad vodafone is with respect to marketing, keeping promises and learning to sell phones.

I go to the vodafone stores and ask for Samsung galaxy s2. The response was, booking starts tomorrow and after 10 days i will get the phone.

They are not even aware of the fact that they get a 7 day advantage to sell more phones and make some money.

Now even the sales is crappy. Vodafone, "odipo" meaning run away.
Old 19th November 2011, 18:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Vodafone have completely gone into the toilet on customer service. I have had a Vodafone personal number (catchy digits) for a long time (4+ years). For a good period, it was primary postpaid number running up 1.5-2k/month. Then it became secondary phone and last couple of years its become the backup. Since my son was born and I was enjoying the android on airtel more, I stopped using it sometime in August 2011.

Turns out these Einsteins sent a warning SMS to the switched off phone not the alt phone/email and promptly resold it in Oct itself. And it was a lifetime validity number? Gone in 3 months? WOW! Really Happy to Help, eh?!
I have first hand exp that neither Airtel nor MTNL do the same.

Damn pissed.

Vodafone - you will only get more money from me if I see demonstrably better customer service (which is definitely not happening) and if you're the only operator with a network whereever i may live. Such shameless companies deserve no business!

/and here I was getting pissed with airtel for making friends zaroori and making the network crappy. There is really no hope in this country among telecom operators.
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
There is really no hope in this country among telecom operators.
For the process, these telecom operators have a Nodal officer in every circle and their contacts are widely accessible through net/paper documents that they give. Some where read the news that the final judgment went in favour of the customer.

Sorry for going off-topic.
Not just telecom operators, this is the case with everything we buy. Customer is a king until he pays the money and after that he is treated like a beggar. The problem is we don't have strong consumer laws.
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

@phamilyman, unless i am very much mistaken, isn't there a law which states that they need to send you a legal notice asking you to pay up before they sell that number? since you haven't received one, you can take them to court for selling your number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks