Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:24   #61
BHPian

Re: Airtel 3G Billing Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Gone! Dead!! Finiss!!!
Best of luck for the circus that will seemingly begin next. You are the next bakra for the AirTel pirates, as Samurai calls them. Brace up now.
Oh damn! :P

Things seem OK as of now. I am not getting any 3G signal and I'm back to EDGE speeds...let's hope for the best. Waiting for my bill with bated breath!
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:46   #62
BANNED

I was thinking of a second phone (GSM this time). This throws Airtel out of the window. I am not too sure how bad (or good) are Vodafone. I already have a CDMA connection with Reliance since 2002!
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:05   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprisingly Airtel DSL/broadband is infinitely better than Airtel mobile. Has nyone noticed? I get zero downtime an infinitely better customer service from these guys over here and had a similar experience in Bangalore. Not the case with Airtel mobile, whenever we've had occasion to use them (mostly in Mumbai).

Are these separate companies?
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Samu, seriously why not consider BSNL over these idiots? Their customer service is faar better (I dont mean the over the phone service) but inside the exchange/bsnl office guyz still lend a ear to your concerns. Ancient but effective, plus signal is avbl even in anaconda like trails
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:45   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Surprisingly Airtel DSL/broadband is infinitely better than Airtel mobile. Has nyone noticed? I get zero downtime an infinitely better customer service from these guys over here and had a similar experience in Bangalore. Not the case with Airtel mobile, whenever we've had occasion to use them (mostly in Mumbai).

I wouldn't really agree. My Airtel broadband connection was not working, for which i raised a complaint the very next day. It was promised to be resolved the next morning. However, 10 days later, the problem was still NOT resolved, despite innumerous reminders, phone calls, and emails.

I finally called up as well as mailed the nodal centre, who didn't even respond to my email, except a standard non-human reply. After 2 days, i then emailed as well as called up the appelate office. After demanding an immediate disconnection of my connection, i was assured they would fix the non-working broadband connection.

The same evening a technician came over, and it took him all of 15 minutes to resolve the issue. This, after waiting over 10 days for something as simple as that.

Whatever faith and belief i had on Airtel as a brand went up in thin smoke.
As for my mobile connection with Airtel, i do not indulge in any fancy data plans. Guess that keeps the risk to a minimum.
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:58   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Let me tell you a story.

My folks were going abroad for a year so we decided to cancel our Airtel connection. Safe custody/0-rental plan etc. were not feasible so cancellation was the only solution. Accordingly, I called Airtel and intimated the same. When nothing happened after 3 days, I called again and checked with them; I got their standard reply "Sir, server is down, hence request was not taken earlier". So, I lodge another request. A week later too, nothing happens. So, I go to the Airtel Relationship Centre, fill the form and here's what, I return all the cables, instrument and modem too. They assure the connection would be cut in 5 days. All is well and my folks fly abroad. Surprise surprise, they keep getting bills! When I called Airtel to enquire, they said they had not received the request at all!

As it turned out, my folks' trip was cut short and they came back for a while after 4 months. By then too, the connection was not cut! So, they just got the cables, instrument and modem back and resumed the connection. I sent the Nodal Officer an extremely sweet email after which the rental for the period we didn't use the internet was waived off.

Airtel : good service but a shameful Customer Care. They have customers only because
1) it is a huge hassle to get BSNL Internet connected
2) Reliance/Tata have pathetic service

The day there is a better service provider, people will flock!
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly Airtel DSL/broadband is infinitely better than Airtel mobile. Has nyone noticed?

AFAIK, Airtel has outsourced the entire network & IT operations. Only the marketing, sales and finance operations are inhouse.

I think Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) manages both the wireless and fixed line services for Airtel and IBM runs the IT.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:11   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Just got a call from Airtel customer care:

CC: Sir, your 3G zero rental plan is now active.
Me: What? What does that mean?
CC: That means you have chosen no 3G package. You will be charged only based on usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Surprise! There are only 3 plans available there.

Rs.103 for 100MB
Rs.200 for 250MB
Rs.20 for 0MB

There is no 600MB plan they re-enabled last week for me. So I chose the 250MB plan for now. Let's see how long that will last before the Airtel 3G pirates change it back.
This is getting better and better... in reality worse and worse.

Yesterday I got a call saying I have Zero rental plan. So today I changed it to Rs.200/- plan via IVR.

Today at 5:30PM I got another call from Airtel, this time I again assumed it is about the incorrect billing. Alas, not to be. It was only a congratulatory/informational call to tell me my 3G plan for 600MB (Rs.450/-) has been enabled. Since when? From June 16th!!!

After I successfully fought back the initial reaction to faint, I asked about the zero rental plan that was activated yesterday. She says no, and insisted I have been on 600MB plan since June 16th.

I think I am getting their game now. They are going play me over and over until I give up and agree my 3G plan started only on June 16th. I will not have the energy to fight or the memory of my earlier 3G plan pretty soon. At least, that is what they are hoping.

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd June 2011 at 22:40.
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly Airtel DSL/broadband is infinitely better than Airtel mobile. Has nyone noticed? I get zero downtime an infinitely better customer service from these guys over here and had a similar experience in Bangalore.
Ha! Airtel's Broadband is by far, the most hopeless amongst all kinds of services.
Back in 2008, I wanted a broadband connection for my home. I call them and tell the same. They said they dont have the broadband facility for my area as it does not fall in the city limits. (I stay near BSK 2nd stage, Bangy guys would be aware of this area). I m like !! I tell them one of my friend who stays beyond HSR layout has got a connection. So why not me? He goes, "Saar, no wire to pull till your area and give connection. Please wait for 6 months". Then I call one of their higher ups and he says Not Feasible reason being "not enough people in your area". I just told him that he is not fit to handle operations in Bangalore and cut the call.

PS: Last Straw-> I get an SMS after each call which says "You just spoke to Mr.@$#$. In case your are satisfied with the interaction, kindly reply YES. Else reply NO"

Last edited by akhil_007 : 23rd June 2011 at 23:07.
Old 24th June 2011, 05:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

3G plans across the board aren't stable yet. One of my friends had problems with Airtel and Vodaphone 3G connection. Billing was absurd finally he has moved back to Non 3G (2GB GPRS) plan which he finds sufficient at least on mobile.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:57   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubeen View Post
Look at the data usage percentage in both the messages. In the first message the usage is 72%. In the second message the data usage is 60%. The data usage in MB though is constant!

How cool is airtel's data tracking system!! 
Hey, I am on the postpaid Airtel Karnataka 450 buck plan for 600mb as well and keep getting alarmed at the daily unbilled alerts. As already pointed out in this thread, 600mb*Rs.15/mb= Rs.9,000 free usage which will translate to only Rs. 450 when the data records are finally processed on billing date.

However, my alerts only mention the rupees unbilled without the data usage details. How can I get more detailed data usage alerts either as a SMS or on email?

The rupee unbilled ones are useless to me especially because I make almost 4k worth of voice calls as well (corporate CUG + personal calls including extensive STD/ISD calls) so cannot easily differentiate between the 3G unbilled and the voice call unbilled.

Had spoken to Airtel a few months back but they did not have any data usage feature then. Do they have anything now which can help me with data usage details?

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th June 2011 at 11:00. Reason: Typo
Old 24th June 2011, 12:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, I am on the postpaid Airtel Karnataka 450 buck plan for 600mb as well and keep getting alarmed at the daily unbilled alerts. As already pointed out in this thread, 600mb*Rs.15/mb= Rs.9,000 free usage which will translate to only Rs. 450 when the data records are finally processed on billing date.

However, my alerts only mention the rupees unbilled without the data usage details. How can I get more detailed data usage alerts either as a SMS or on email?

The rupee unbilled ones are useless to me especially because I make almost 4k worth of voice calls as well (corporate CUG + personal calls including extensive STD/ISD calls) so cannot easily differentiate between the 3G unbilled and the voice call unbilled.

Had spoken to Airtel a few months back but they did not have any data usage feature then. Do they have anything now which can help me with data usage details?
The exact data usage tracking SMS sent by airtel is once you cross 50% of your plan availability. This is only a guess though.

If even today nearly 4 months after launching 3G data services, airtel still insists that there is no method for subscribers to track their data usage then it is only because they want to rip off their unsuspecting customers by not giving them the usage visibility.
Old 24th June 2011, 12:46   #73
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday night I received a SMS from 121 saying Rs.3500 has been credited back to my account. I guess that accounts for the extra payments I had done for April and May. And they have reduced my current outstanding bill from Rs. 4276.91 to just Rs. 416.15 only. Right now my accountant is figuring out the numbers. But it looks like they have undone the damage.

Since I was informed yesterday that my 600MB 3G plan is active, I thought I could finally take a breath. But no....

Today morning at 10:15AM I got yet another call from Airtel. I assumed it is probably to confirm the closure of this matter.

CC: Sir, this is regarding your 3G plan.
Me: Ok, go on.
CC: Sir, we have activated your zero rental plan....
Me: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

A brief summary of last 3 calls I received from Airtel:

Name:  snap20110624_112257.png
Views: 580
Size:  61.6 KB

So, what is my current 3G plan? Can anyone hazard a guess? I'll just wait for the next 3G confirmation call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
If you are getting alerts, you are on the wonderful zero rental plan, also known as full looting plan.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:26   #74
BHPian

This is getting farcical now! I really dont know what to say. Suggest you just stop using the 3G service till this is sorted out. Else just call up/email CC and ask them to send you a written confirmation of which plan is active
Old 24th June 2011, 13:41   #75
Team-BHP Support

Finally a knowledgeable Airtel person called. Why do you I say knowledgeable? Well, he was not calling from the usual number shown above. He specifically told me that the charges have been reversed and told me not to try activating 3G from SMS. He said I was on Rs.200 plan as of now, that made sense since I picked it yesterday via IVR. But I wanted to be back on 600MB plan, which he changed right then and said it will stay. In fact, he said he set it up such that it can't be changed by just anybody.

Hopefully, this will be the end of the drama. Meanwhile, my accountant thinks Airtel reversed somewhat less than they should have and he is going to take it up with local Airtel office himself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks