Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 21:40   #106
BHPian

Un- authorised activation of VAS

Oh my god again for the 8th time i have been activated with unauthorised VAS by Airtel and reduce the balance from the prepaid account. I seriously do not understand what is wrong with Airtel. How many complaints and requests to the Nodal officer/ customer care. When a complaint is made, they solve the issue and credit back the amount, but this has become a routine exercise. How many times to place a compliant. Is mobile number portability is the only alternative. I am fed up with Airtel, calling them always for something or the other.

Last edited by rki2007 : 19th July 2011 at 21:41. Reason: spelling errors
Old 20th July 2011, 16:45   #107
BHPian

Re: Un- authorised activation of VAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Oh my god again for the 8th time i have been activated with unauthorised VAS by Airtel and reduce the balance from the prepaid account. I seriously do not understand what is wrong with Airtel. How many complaints and requests to the Nodal officer/ customer care. When a complaint is made, they solve the issue and credit back the amount, but this has become a routine exercise. How many times to place a compliant. Is mobile number portability is the only alternative. I am fed up with Airtel, calling them always for something or the other.
Same experience here. Got some unauthorised VAS activated for Rs.5 per day and called up Airtel a few times. They credit the amount back and say the issue would be resolved in a month's time. But its going on for the last 3 months.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:58   #108
BHPian

Re: Airtel 3G Billing Fraud

All of these scams billing errors are supposedly intentional. When they credit the amounts for supposed mistakes the entries are not actually reversed. these amounts are written off as losses and therefore help them in showing less profits and therefore less taxes. Percentages are small but the absolute figures are sizable.

This is what i have heard. Very believable given the frequency with which these "Issues" occur.
Old 20th July 2011, 20:56   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Un- authorised activation of VAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Well you are quite lucky that they are crediting back the amount whenever you make the complaint. In my case, I had taken up a special package that enabled all local & STD calls at 40p. What happened over a period of 3+ months was my calls were being charged at various rates - 40p/60p/1Rs/1.5Rs. Not hard to guess, a lot of the high duration calls were being charged at 1.5Rs. Raised complaints, everytime I was assured the problem would be resolved and the difference amount would be credited to my prepaid sim. Kept postponing as I always felt the difference was in paise, never realized than in percentage-wise my bills were increasing two-three fold. Finally had to resort to MNP.

It was interesting to note that I never had to explain my issue to the CC, probably this was being done to multiple pre-paid accounts. Airtel prepaid users in Pune & around, please do keep a tab on your call charges.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:47   #110
Team-BHP Support

Today I got my first bill since I started this thread. It is about -600 bucks.
Old 21st July 2011, 07:18   #111
BHPian

I am aware that many people are harassed by Airtel. I have finally arrived at a decision to port my number to another network. I have no time to fight with these people always. I am just waiting for my prepaid account balance to get over.
Old 21st July 2011, 07:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007
I am aware that many people are harassed by Airtel. I have finally arrived at a decision to port my number to another network. I have no time to fight with these people always. I am just waiting for my prepaid account balance to get over.
When your prepaid balance gets over they will reject your porting request saying lack of balance. Keep at least 10 Rs as balance.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:26   #113
BHPian

Thanks Prabhu i will make a note of that.
Old 10th August 2011, 21:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

Airtel 3G in Kerala is Idea 3G

I activated Airtel 3G today morning, and since it didnt work automatically, I ended up calling customer care. They arranged a callback to another number to help me set up Airtel 3G in my phone. Here's what I was told:

First call:
He asked me to search for mobile networks, I did that and told him the list of operator names that came up. He asked if there is an entry like Idea 3G or CellOne 3G. I could not locate both. So he was asking me to search networks later and if I find Idea 3G or CellOne 3G, just select any one of them and Airtel 3G will work!!!

Second call:
Airtel customer care called again and explained it: In Kerala, they don't have license for 3G. So they provide 3G in tie up with Idea. So I have to select Idea 3G network, and basically I will be using Idea 3G!

Please stay away from Airtel 3G in Kerala!
Old 11th August 2011, 15:51   #115
BHPian

Slightly OT, but I wanted to take a USB Dongle Mobile Broadband connection. It is a 3G connection. I had checked out the same at a Vodafone Store. Can anyone advice on which SP to opt for ?
Old 12th August 2011, 09:56   #116
BANNED

Re: Airtel 3G in Kerala is Idea 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Airtel customer care called again and explained it: In Kerala, they don't have license for 3G. So they provide 3G in tie up with Idea. So I have to select Idea 3G network, and basically I will be using Idea 3G!
All have cross licensed for 3G since nobody won a pan-india license, so that is no big deal. This alone will not be a reason to stay away from A or B.

One thing to check will be, if you go out of the state with Idea still work, or will you have to change? The latter will be a pain since then you will need to carry a table, to say the least. Also, how going out (i.e., roaming) will affect the tariff?
Old 17th August 2011, 16:50   #117
BHPian

Has Airtel recruited morons who use filthy language with customers?

This is an hazardous experience with Airtel people. Someone claiming as Airtel representative called on mobile and started taking filthy language. They claim that threre is an outstanding amount on my account(My brother uses this). He got transferred to Chennai and I have raised a request with the service guy to stop that account.

Now some lady called up and started using filthy language. She will call me continuously though I cut the call when I am in a meeting. When I told her I have already cancelled this account she started using foul language.

Can somebody help me where to escalate this matter?

Thanks in advance
Old 17th August 2011, 18:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Re: Has Airtel recruited morons who use filthy language with customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Can somebody help me where to escalate this matter?
Airtel Nodal Officer, AP
Nodalofficer.andhra@airtel.in + 91-995933486
Airtel.IN

Airtel Appellate Officer, AP
appellate.andhra@airtel.in +91-995944486
Airtel.IN

TRAI
TRAI:::::::

Someone had provided a note on how to go about filing a case in the Consumer Court. Please search for it. It's quite informative.

EDIT:
When you write to the Nodal officer/Appellate officer, make sure that you explain everything clearly and in strong words (strong, but not unparliamentary). Include the previous email/sms/call details that you'd made to the customer care to deactivate the connection and whatever you received as acknowledgement.

Last edited by silversteed : 17th August 2011 at 18:45.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 11:51   #119
BHPian

hi all,
Is there any way to check 3G usage for my Airtel connection.
I recently got a 3g package, and after a lot of questioning, the Airtel folks told me it is an inital offer for the 1st 3 months only (Rs. 650, 3.1 GB limit). After 3months, it changes to a 1GB limit.

@Samurai: In your case too, there might have been some initial offer that would never have been told to you initially when you register. After 3 months, it expires, and things go to a different mode altogether.
Old 9th November 2011, 17:34   #120
Team-BHP Support

Did anybody notice the 'riders' with the Airtel 3G plans being advertised daily?

1. Any plan is valid for only 3 months from activation. What happens next isn't mentioned anywhere.

2. 3G data plans are not valid outside your home circle, and you need to pay per kb while roaming. Why's that, when the 98/month EDGE plan works fine on roaming?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks