Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 14:18   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I emailed tham on 121 and they say they will reverse it next month before bill payment. Nothing can be done this month as I have already paid the bill.

Apparently, I am now in their premium customer bracket! Go figure??
Sir have you tried talking to Airtel Presence on twitter? They resolved my issues in a day regarding 3g payment and no activation. Maybe you can try talking to them. Atleast i found them better than customer care.

And guys have you tried Hathway? Their share prices are increasing must be they are providing good service also.

Airtels FUP was a big no no for me. Hathway 1000rs plan has FUP 10gb with 5mbps speed and unlimited on Sundays

On another note Airtel has also been charging randomly with various services on my mobile number. But this Airtel Presence thingy was actually very good in resolving issues. And called me around 10 times to see if i was getting proper service, which was a nice gesture.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 5th May 2012 at 14:22.
Old 5th May 2012, 15:34   #77
BHPian

Re: Airtel Broadband: Fair Usage(FU) fraud! And more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
On another note Airtel has also been charging randomly with various services on my mobile number.
So this is not just for me. I got a shocker in my current bill. The amount was unusually high; though I knew it would be, since I had travelled to Kerala and was roaming. But upon checking the bill, I stumbled on this:
Name:  airtel1.png
Views: 1534
Size:  10.6 KB

Now, I am not a music buff and this is the last thing i would do, that too while I am roaming. When I checked the call details, surprisingly there was an incoming call almost at the same time:
Name:  airtel2.png
Views: 2190
Size:  33.5 KB

Called 121 and the operator insists that I opted for a MP3 Music Pack. They believe that soon after I attended a call, I immediately went to some Airtel site and opted for a Music pack!

Last edited by bejoy : 5th May 2012 at 15:38.
Old 5th May 2012, 18:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy

So this is not just for me. I got a shocker in my current bill.

Called 121 and the operator insists that I opted for a MP3 Music Pack.
i believe that hassles are nothing new to billing, from MTNL to BSNL to Vodafone to Airtel. All remains same names change.

I am quite happy to be a pre-paid customer. Keep my balance not more than ₹ 500 and it keeps me happy. Even as pre-paid user with more than ₹ 1000 there are rubbish charges. If you enjoy a special plan that keeps your phone bills lower than pre-paid then only go for post pid hassles.

All the best!
Old 19th June 2012, 09:50   #79
BHPian

Hi recently my airtel internet connection has started giving problems. The link is down after every 10 mins or so in the evenings and the modem restarts. When the representatives are here to check it works fine :(. Anyone facing a similar issue?

PS: Have replaced the modem too but no change
Old 19th June 2012, 11:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
So this is not just for me. I got a shocker in my current bill. The amount was unusually high; though I knew it would be, since I had travelled to Kerala and was roaming. But upon checking the bill, I stumbled on this:
Attachment 923878

Now, I am not a music buff and this is the last thing i would do, that too while I am roaming. When I checked the call details, surprisingly there was an incoming call almost at the same time:
Attachment 923879

Called 121 and the operator insists that I opted for a MP3 Music Pack. They believe that soon after I attended a call, I immediately went to some Airtel site and opted for a Music pack!
I got this Rs99 crap as well. Only change was that I downloaded a game from their site when in Goa and outside airtel network!
Old 19th June 2012, 15:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

I am facing issue with improper data calculation.

Within 4 days Airtel sends me reminder stating I have consumed data worth 8gb from my 10gb quota. Heart attack. This can't be right, I have only a humble iPad as computing device. No torrents for court orders have locked them out. Ow can I use it? I enquire.

They ask 5 different people o talk to me and them just as the phone started ringing it went silent. No explanation nothing. Sir, we will get back. But like there is no tomorrow there is no getting back.

Since that day with same usage pattern, I have consumed only 1 Gb for next 23 days. Amazing. Quota left .93 gb days to go 3 till my billing refresh awesome Airtel calculator.
Old 18th May 2013, 23:56   #82
BHPian

Money charged for services not used

Today when using an app on my Samsung S3 I got a message that I had downloaded "Airtel Career counselling and Film direction" and was charged 60 Rs, I called up the customer care and told them that I did not download anything, they said the I clicked on Airtel pop up ads and hence downloaded. I made it clear to them that I did not download anything and asked them why was I getting their ads in my phone on apps which weren't Airtel they have no answer and just said to disable the airtel something on my phone , when asked how they told me to get in touch with the device manufacturer

I have made it clear that I will not pay them and took the nodal officers number and email id.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

MP
Old 19th May 2013, 02:58   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Today when using an app on my Samsung S3 I got a message that I had downloaded.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

MP
One option that always works for me is to send a tweet to @AirtelPresence iirc. I had many problems same as you had losing a lot of money every time I topped up. Once I started tweeting it, they were pretty quick to refund the balance.
Old 20th May 2013, 08:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

I think there is some serious unilateral calculations done by Airtel in a non transparent manner. Their calculation of usage is totally fraudulent and by my reckoning, I get only 165-170GB out of 175 GB FUP. There are days when I do not download anything or say around 2-3GB and yet usage is shown as 5-6GB.

How to resolve this. Cannot change providers since Airtel is a private sector monopoly in our area and I do not want MTNL at all.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:46   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
One option that always works for me is to send a tweet to @AirtelPresence iirc. I had many problems same as you had losing a lot of money every time I topped up. Once I started tweeting it, they were pretty quick to refund the balance.

Thanks Parth, I did send them an email and they called me today. They refused to refund the amount. Said since I had downloaded the form they can't do anything and also they can't do anything about the flash ads they keep inserting into my apps.
Old 20th May 2013, 20:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I think there is some serious unilateral calculations done by Airtel in a non transparent manner. Their calculation of usage is totally fraudulent and by my reckoning, I get only 165-170GB out of 175 GB FUP. There are days when I do not download anything or say around 2-3GB and yet usage is shown as 5-6GB.

How to resolve this. Cannot change providers since Airtel is a private sector monopoly in our area and I do not want MTNL at all.
They maybe calculating upload part also. I hate airtel internet for their bad FUP limits.

What you can do is install NetworX bandwidth monitor if you use only one system. That way it will monitor the amount of data uploaded and downloaded. You can take those screenshots and also screenshots of the faulty airtel readings and send them a tweet and email.

It worked for me in the case of my ISP.

That should stop all this nonsense. Do change your wifi password if you are having a wifi router.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post

Thanks Parth, I did send them an email and they called me today. They refused to refund the amount. Said since I had downloaded the form they can't do anything and also they can't do anything about the flash ads they keep inserting into my apps.
Hey sorry to hear about that. Would be better if you tweeted them. Ive had issue regarding the same when 75rs got deducted from my balance due to previous month someone having clicked the ad. I had cancelled the subscription but it got deducted next month. On complaining on twitter they got in touch and refunded the money after a day.

Do try once more. It should get resolved.
Old 27th October 2013, 14:48   #87
Team-BHP Support

My download speed is fine on airtel. Never hit FUP after upgrading to a more expensive plan.
But I am seeing a weird problem. On my 4mbps connection, I used to get 4mbps download and 1mbps upload. Now upload is merely 512kbps
Any change from Airtel side. Makes it a pain to upload pics and videos!
Old 27th October 2013, 14:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My download speed is fine on airtel. Never hit FUP after upgrading to a more expensive plan. But I am seeing a weird problem. On my 4mbps connection, I used to get 4mbps download and 1mbps upload. Now upload is merely 512kbps Any change from Airtel side. Makes it a pain to upload pics and videos!
I too am getting only 512 kbps as upload speed in my 8mbps connection. The upload speed is as promised.
Old 27th October 2013, 16:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

How can I track my bandwidth usage? Am on airtel network with multiple devices using the Wifi. Please let me know
Old 27th October 2013, 21:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
How can I track my bandwidth usage? Am on airtel network
http://www.airtel.in/smartbyte-s/page.html This should give rough estimate of usage.

Other than that, primary WiFi router is the best place to get detailed usage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks