Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2006, 13:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Hey......if you take a pic at 5 mp without stability,dont expect it to be clear.To take the best pics from your cam,buy a tripod;it really helps.
If the shutter is at 1/400th speed, then normal minor shakes while doing point-and-shoot are not recorded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Next turn of your flash.
Whats the use of flash in broad daylight?!
Old 13th March 2006, 11:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
If the shutter is at 1/400th speed, then normal minor shakes while doing point-and-shoot are not recorded.

Whats the use of flash in broad daylight?!
Yes shakes can be prevented but with a compromise to picture quality. To get good quality picture it is better to stick to ISO 100 or 200.
Usage of flash in daylight is advisible but only when shooting portrait's or close up's.
As binz said it is better to use a tripod whereever you can.

Gordon, I tried the same way u said and had good clarity in my D70 with 6MP JPEG fine. With RAW did not try but it would only increase the clarity further.
Sorry to tell you that Sony lag's way behind Canon and Nikon in digital imaging. Just their strong brand name and marketing which fetches them sales. If you compare the same MP pictures form NIKON/CANON to SONY and blow up you will find the diffference. I have personally compared my Canon 2MP camera to my friend's Sony 2MP (to mention canon was cheaper of the two), be it indoor, outdoor or night my pictures are better than his.
Old 13th March 2006, 11:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
Sorry to tell you that Sony lag's way behind Canon and Nikon in digital imaging. Just their strong brand name and marketing which fetches them sales.
Not to mention the fact that all their consumer cams produce hugely saturated images. (Like the "vivid" mode of other cameras)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2006 at 11:29.
Old 13th March 2006, 12:07   #19
Team-BHP Support

here you go.
This is a 100% crop. No size reduction
Old 13th March 2006, 16:51   #20
BHPian

the image compression is playing the role here. Try raw format. the pics will not have grains, atleast at ISO-100.

image compression is known to play devil in photography. that is the very reason that digi-slr' work on RAW format!

And no, the CCD' are not overrated. it is the size of the CCD that plays an important role. slr' have larger CCD', allowing more light to be captured per pixel.
Old 13th March 2006, 16:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

As long as you follow the 1/Focal length rule, your images will be stable. I usually follow 1/2*FL. when I shoot at 300mm, I make sure the shutter speed is faster than 1/600.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks