Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:51   #1
BHPian

List of Mobile Services involved with 2G Scam

I am attaching a list of Telecom circles affected by 2G Scam. As per the Supreme Court verdict as of today, the licenses stand cancelled for these circles. See if you are affected.

XL 2007 versionCancelled 2G Licenses.xlsx
XL 2003 versionCancelled 2G Licenses.xls

Last edited by Animesh : 2nd February 2012 at 16:08. Reason: XL 2003 version added for convenience
Animesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: List of Mobile Services involved with 2G Scam

Can it be uploaded as .xls ?
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the document Animesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Can it be uploaded as .xls ?
Your wish is my command Sir!

Please see the attached .xls document
Attached Files
File Type: xls Cancelled 2G Licenses.xls (30.5 KB, 584 views)
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I am attaching a list of Telecom circles affected by 2G Scam. As per the Supreme Court verdict as of today, the licenses stand cancelled for these circles. See if you are affected.

XL 2007 versionAttachment 881435
XL 2003 versionAttachment 881440
Thanks for sharing Animesh.
It is really very useful information.
Thanks!

Cheers!
Abhi
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:34   #5
BHPian

What does it mean, when it says Loop Mobile license is cancelled for Maharashtra but not for Mumbai ?
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:38   #6
BHPian

Mumbai is a separate circle ( requires a separate license) , and Maharashtra is a separate circle .....
babhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:38   #7
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
What does it mean, when it says Loop Mobile license is cancelled for Maharashtra but not for Mumbai ?
Mumbai and Maharashtra are 2 separate circles.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
There are certain circles in the country where the Metropolitans are separated from the rest of State.

So Mumbai is one circle, while rest of Maharashtra is another one. Same used to be for Kolkata and rest of West Bengal. Not sure if it is the same way now. However, Bangalore was never a separate circle or for that matters Chennai. There is just Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Hope this clears things.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:11   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

@Animesh,
Thanks for the list. In the various news reports, I was wondering why Videocon (listed as Datacom in the excel sheet) wasn't being talked about. They are as guilty as Etisalat (Loop) or Unitech (Uninor) in the "tie-up" with A.Raja and team. Glad to see all 21 of their licenses have been cancelled. However they still seem to be overshadowed in the news reports.

Edit: Shyam Telelink Limited is out of licenses too!!! More popularly known as MTS! Wow! I wasn't aware of this earlier!

Quote:
There are certain circles in the country where the Metropolitans are separated from the rest of State.

So Mumbai is one circle, while rest of Maharashtra is another one. Same used to be for Kolkata and rest of West Bengal. Not sure if it is the same way now. However, Bangalore was never a separate circle or for that matters Chennai. There is just Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Hope this clears things.
Chennai was a separate circle. Was combined with TN circle a few years back.

Quote:
Mumbai is one circle, Rest of Maharashtra & Goa come as a separate circle.
So is the case with Kolkata, and Rest of West Bengal.

However in all three cases, the various telecom companies would be operating from multiple offices, and generally as separate business centers. But for end-users like us, there wouldn't be much or any difference. For instance, a few years back Mumbai sims had to be on roaming in MH and visa versa. But nowadays, both are considered local. It is even less evident in WB & TN.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 2nd February 2012 at 23:28.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@Animesh,
Thanks for the list. In the various news reports, I was wondering why Videocon (listed as Datacom in the excel sheet) wasn't being talked about. They are as guilty as Etisalat (Loop) or Unitech (Uninor) in the "tie-up" with A.Raja and team. Glad to see all 21 of their licenses have been cancelled. However they still seem to be overshadowed in the news reports.
Ninjatalli: Videocon wasn't talked much about because in the first round of investigations leading to some arrests (while officials from DB Realty, Unitech, Reliance, Essar, Tatas were either investigated and some were arrested); Videocon was off the hook for the most part. Secondly, I guess it could be because Videocon's rollout has been terribly slow in most of the cases. So the media's glare were off them for a long time.

I am sure more would come out soon. Let all these corporate houses be
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:41   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ninjatalli: Videocon wasn't talked much about because in the first round of investigations leading to some arrests (while officials from DB Realty, Unitech, Reliance, Essar, Tatas were either investigated and some were arrested); Videocon was off the hook for the most part. Secondly, I guess it could be because Videocon's rollout has been terribly slow in most of the cases. So the media's glare were off them for a long time.

I am sure more would come out soon. Let all these corporate houses be
@Animesh,
I believe it has more to do with the reach of the Dhoot brothers in the media and political sectors.

Actually if you talk about roll-outs, I believe Loop was the slowest. Basically (what I heard) what happened in their case was the foreign investor, i.e. Etisalat, wasn't really happy in the venture and wasn't pumping in the cash. So leaving Mumbai & Kolkata, where Loop was already a well-established name, they primarily used to do the minimum roll-outs as per government license requirements.

Yes, as time goes, more and more worms should come out.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 2nd February 2012 at 23:47.
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are as guilty as Etisalat (Loop)
Quote:
Actually if you talk about roll-outs, I believe Loop was the slowest. Basically (what I heard) what happened in their case was the foreign investor, i.e. Etisalat, wasn't really happy in the venture and wasn't pumping in the cash. So leaving Mumbai & Kolkata, where Loop was already a well-established name, they primarily used to do the minimum roll-outs as per government license requirements.
Correction: Etisalat != Loop. Etisalat is Cheers Telecom. Was operational only in Mumbai and Delhi, but i guess no one bought their services.

Etisalat and DB Realty aka Balwa Group are together. How do I know? I worked for them for a year :(

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 3rd February 2012 at 07:28.
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:48   #13
BHPian

Quote:
@Animesh,
I believe it has more to do with the reach of the Dhoot brothers in the media and political sectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Correction: Etisalat != Loop. Etisalat is Cheers Telecom. Was operational only in Mumbai and Delhi, but i guess no one bought their services.
As SunnyBoi correctly points out - Loop isn't Etisalat. Loop used to be owned by BPL and later Khaitan Group took over. Loop Telecom is into many different kinds of trouble.

As for political reach of Dhoot giving them advantages, while they might have hand in Parliament, I don't think they are any more powerful then Tatas, Essar, Unitech, etc. It is just that they were out of Media glare all this while. Things will catch up with them in few days. Wait and see.
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:49   #14
BHPian

Any idea what it means for customers? TRAI has been saying that customers will not be affected and is hinting at number porting.

I've been getting this message from Idea Karnataka:

Please be assured that IDEA KARNATAKA SERVICES ARE NOT AFFECTED unlike reported in some media, as we operate on erstwhile Spice Karnataka license.

Is it time to shift operators?
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Out of all this, the way forward is the following:
1. TRAI will give the cancelled operators some time to raise money for re-purchase of their licenses. Estimated to be 4 months
2. Rates will be as per the cost bought by the untianted providers in some circles
3. Customers would not be effected since there will be some time within which the actual service would be stopped (In case your provider does not re-purchase the license)
4. Other option is to use MNP and move to an established service provider who was not involved in the 2G scam.
Vodafone instantly cashing on this and issuing a 2 page front page ad in TOI today. Were'nt they erstwhile BPL /Essar/Vodafone essar mobile too? Didnt they get to buy licenses during the scam period too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks