No, not really 22 35.48%
Have booked it already 21 33.87%
Maybe, not sure 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 17:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Ubislate 7+ review thread

Pre bookings for march have been closed and pre-bookings for april have started.
Ubislate.com have also updated their website and posted a link to check the status of booking numbers given by them. However, it is not working currently but probably should start working in couple of days.
abhijeetsng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 14:39   #17
BHPian

Had ordered one unit from them way back in December , still no update on the shipping. Have sent reminder emails but no response from their support. If initial response is such low, god help what would their response be once we have bought the product and how the service would be.
Old 7th March 2012, 12:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Pre bookings for march have been closed and pre-bookings for april have started.
Ubislate.com have also updated their website and posted a link to check the status of booking numbers given by them. However, it is not working currently but probably should start working in couple of days.
The link mentioned on their website providing booking status is still not live neither are their deliveries anywhere in sight. Wonder if any one has even laid hands on one and if so it would be really good to know their initial impressions.
Old 7th March 2012, 13:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
The link mentioned on their website providing booking status is still not live neither are their deliveries anywhere in sight. Wonder if any one has even laid hands on one and if so it would be really good to know their initial impressions.
They asked me to pay Rs. 2999 by DD or Cheque (At Par) for preference delivery in March - mid. But I refrained from sending them cheque due to their lacklusture customer support and not updating the status.

I think it is good idea to hold for some time and wait for some review of Ubistate7+.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, my honest request to all is to stay away from this product.
I was one of the first buyers of a product from Datawind, which was called Pocketsurfer2, which I had bought for nearly 10K INR 4 years back. It was extremely pathetic in product quality and design and till now I regret wasting so much money on it. I could not use the product for more than 7 days. I followed up with the company for 2 months, after which they replaced my piece, but the new one was also not any better than the first one and was as bad.
If this has happened in any other country, I would have sued them for poor product quality, but unfortunately the laws in India are not strong enough and I did not want to waste my time.
This Ubislate is from the same company and there is no change in the company's product design and quality standards.

Please do NOT waste your money on this product!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th March 2012 at 14:32.
Old 27th March 2012, 15:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the user experience @behmoth, at least if not for Ubislate but for its predecessor which was used by him. One thing for sure this wait is getting really frustrating since there is neither any update from the company on March booking status nor it looks like not even one person has received the 7+ till date. Also the 'check status' link on their website is still not operational even after 2 months!
Lets see if some one rings the bell first!
Old 27th March 2012, 21:23   #22
BHPian

Well i won't be going for this one for now. Planning to buy a playbook and using the same. Hopefully some day they would ship this item in COD and not push for advance payment to get the delivery.
Old 27th March 2012, 21:31   #23
BHPian

I'm tired of waiting for this Ubislate. Everyone keeps asking me why I'm waiting for something which will most probably turn out to be utter trash. By everyone, I mean mom, dad, sister and friends. Not even one person for this Ubislate!

Finalized Blackberry Playbook. Will most probably buy it tomorrow.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:48   #24
BANNED

I had ordered from them last month but I cancelled the order later after reading some reviews about product quality though the price is cheap for the features it has. The Govt has cancelled its orders with them and is looking for fresh tenders.

BSNL has recently roped in this company for supplying a range of cheap tablets similar to Ubislate-
Welcome to Pantel Technologies | Pantel Technologies is an Information Technology and Communication devices hardware company
Old 8th April 2012, 23:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Anyone on T-BHP got delivery of Ubislate 7+?
I booked one, got the confirmation email with the booking ID and follow-up email for sending DD/Cheque which I did on 3rd March. Waiting for their response on the same.

I know it wont match the biggies and costlier ones and my expectations from this product are very very simple. Right now I look at it as a 'Digital Photo Frame' - an Android one. No I'm not kidding I'm serious.

I wanted Digital Photo Frame, searched couple of online stores and came to a conclusion that a 7 incher would cost anything between 2-4K hence booked Ubistale 7+.

I'm hoping that it will serve me well as a Digital Photo Frame

I would stay away from any product that has links with BSNL. I use BSNL post paid connection for last 12+ years!! I don't think anyone needs further explanation
Old 7th May 2012, 21:04   #26
BHPian

No, you cannot use this as digital photo frame. The resolution (800x480) is worse than even a small smartphone device. It is almost like using your old CRT TV for photo viewing.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

I saw an eBay ad today selling Ubisate (the first version, not plus) for Rs.2990. Might be the best way to get hold of one if someone is desperately looking for it.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:04   #28
BHPian

The ubislate website shows that deliveries have already started? Anyone got any mail or call from them regarding the delivery?
Aakash Tablet Official Website
Old 12th July 2012, 17:53   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
The ubislate website shows that deliveries have already started? Anyone got any mail or call from them regarding the delivery?
Aakash Tablet Official Website
This has been going on and on and on, still no sight of the Ubislate 7+, the prices of other brands have cracked like anything, and now there are a plethora of others at more or less similar pricing and specifications, what makes the ubislate still a sought after Tablet is the in built sim slot, which is not availiable in the other cheap tablets
Old 12th July 2012, 18:43   #30
BANNED

My sincere advice to all , please stay away from their products. I do own a Ubislate7 and its really a crap. The unit doesn't work properly, touch screen is senseless, apps are outdated and crappy.

The so called customer care center never responds to your queries.

Most Viewed