No, not really 22 35.48%
Have booked it already 21 33.87%
Maybe, not sure 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 13:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ubislate 7+ review thread

Datawind the manufacturers of Aakash ultra low cost tablet PCs have launched their second variant of their commercial launch version - Ubislate7+ for just Rs.2990

The product features are (source company website):

• 7" Android 2.3 Tablet at an Unbeatable Price of Rs. 2999
• Faster Cortex A8, 700 Mhz Processor
• High Quality Web Anytime & Anywhere
• WiFi & GPRS (SIM & Phone functionality)
• Multimedia Powerhouse
• Full sized-USB port & Micro-SD slot

For more details check www.ubislate.com

They have also have a prebooking scheme where you can book your tab in advance for the production batches in the next couple of months. This is due to the huge surge in demand across the country for such a cheap tablet.

The real question is whether is it really worth it in terms of performance and usability and would you actually hit the buy button.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 13:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Ubislate 7+ review thread

I have pre-booked one in December.
Lets see how it performs, when it gets delivered to me.
Even if it is crap. Its not much money at risk!
Will let everyone here know, as and when I receive it!
Cheers!
Old 7th February 2012, 14:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

The title is misleading IMO.

Besides, there is another thread running, its not dedicated though.

I booked Aakash and after the pre-order booking, I didn't hear from them. I have pre-ordered this, lets see whether they will follow up or not!
Old 7th February 2012, 16:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

The thread is to have a discussion about upgraded Ubislate and has generated tremendous interest all across and agreed the word 'review' can be dropped out of the title. As per the opening remarks, Ubislate 7+ is a different animal than Aakash with a better processor and communication and it would revolutionize the tablet market with its affordability if it has even moderately decent performance.
Old 8th February 2012, 07:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have also booked it in December. No response from them as of now. Now i am wondering if i would even get it with all the controversies that i read in the papers.

Any idea when the deliveries for the bookings going to start?
Old 8th February 2012, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
I have pre-booked one in December.
Lets see how it performs, when it gets delivered to me.
Even if it is crap. Its not much money at risk!
Will let everyone here know, as and when I receive it!
Cheers!
Actually even I had tried pre-booking it in December but I did not receive any booking number at that time. I was not sure if the booking had gone through hence I sent an enquiry to their customer service from where I received an answer couple of weeks back to rebook it in their website since the booking system was non functional in between earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I have also booked it in December. No response from them as of now.
Any idea when the deliveries for the bookings going to start?
Hence only if you have received an actual booking number then consider your order booked else you have to rebook it in their website and receive an booking confirmation number delivered to your email.

Last edited by girishglg : 8th February 2012 at 12:21.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Actually even I had tried pre-booking it in December but I did not receive any booking number at that time. I was not sure if the booking had gone through hence I sent an enquiry to their customer service from where I received an answer couple of weeks back to rebook it in their website since the booking system was non functional in between earlier.

Hence only if you have received an actual booking number then consider your order booked else you have to rebook it in their website and receive an booking confirmation number delivered to your email.
I had got a booking id right when I pre booked the Ubislate.
I even got that cross checked by marking a mail to their support office.
Got a reply, that booking is confirmed and if I want a priority delivery in March, I should send them a Demand Draft. If I send them a Demand Draft early, they would even waive off the delivery charges which they would be charging while delivering ubislate in normal delivery process.
However, if i choose not to send them a DD, they would contact me by mail or phone for delivery in order of booking done.

Have Datawind released the Ubislate?
Because in their email, they had stated that they would be releasing ubislate 7+ by end of February.

For interest of members here, please find below the mail which I received from them:

Dear Abhijeet,
Ubislate7+ is expected to be launched by February end. The company will endeavour to fulfil all orders on a first come first served basis. You can check our website for latest information/updates.
An offer exclusively for you if you decide to make the payment in advance:
- You can have a prioritized delivery of your Ubislate7+ in March!
- Free shipping! Normal shipping charges Rs.199/- will be waived off!
If you decide to avail this offer, please mail a Cheque/Demand Draft for Rs.2999/-, payable to Datawind Innovations Pvt.Ltd. at the following address:
Datawind Innovations Pvt.Ltd.
8148,Jubilee Complex,
Sultanwind Road,
Amritsar -143001
abhijeetsng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 13:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I did receive a mail from them alright but do not remember now if it had any booking id. Would check the old mails and revert. Else i guess would have to rebook it.
Old 9th February 2012, 01:10   #9
BHPian

I too got the mail for payment with delivery in march in the case of advance payment but no reply on asking for details, since last week. Guess they are overwhelmed with requests and dealing on a first come first served basis with a gap of 15 days from the mail to reply. It did carry a booking number and that was the 3rd attempt of online booking.

Last edited by optimist : 9th February 2012 at 01:12.
Old 9th February 2012, 06:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

have pre-booked it,mainly for my 2 year old whose fav toy right now is my (relatively pricy) Android phone. This is only for my phones safety. Small price to pay for that.

This should not be a bad tablet for most basic purposes. I think its ideal for kids. but i m yet to hear from the company.
Old 15th February 2012, 12:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
have pre-booked it,mainly for my 2 year old whose fav toy right now is my (relatively pricy) Android phone. This is only for my phones safety. Small price to pay for that.

This should not be a bad tablet for most basic purposes. I think its ideal for kids. but i m yet to hear from the company.
Thats exactly the purpose of buy in my case as well but for my dad. He is averse handling the laptop as he finds it bit complicated but does like to browse topics over the internet. Hence this device which may just be good for that purpose. Anyway we have Wi-Fi hence no connectivity issues or additional cost involved.

There is some more recent news about prebooking of Ubislate 7+ from the following sources. Read on-

Forget Aakash, now Datawind brings UbiSlate 7++
India’s Aakash Tablet gets a mild upgrade: Ubislate 7+ | Android Community
Old 17th February 2012, 01:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Thats exactly the purpose of buy in my case as well but for my dad. He is averse handling the laptop as he finds it bit complicated but does like to browse topics over the internet.
You should get him an Apple iPad. It is more intuitive to use and the capacitive touch screen makes using it a breeze. Besides, installing Apps is much easier too. Gestures are much easier than menus so he can pinch and zoom, slide a finger across the screen to get the browser to scroll, and not have to worry about which window is active.

BTW, have you noticed how most people using ATMs think that they have to rub their fingers against the menu options like a gesture, rather than simply touching the screen? They also smear the grease from their fingers onto the screen in the process.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:37   #13
BHPian

I have booked the same and got a confirmation email for my order. Post which no response from them. I am still waiting for an update as to when my order will be shipped. With the delays happening it's doubtful when they will start shipping the product. If i get it at least by March it would be good. If someone has got theirs it would be nice to write a review for the benefit of others.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:14   #14
BANNED

Looks quite intersting at this price point for checking out. If it works even at half the quality level as iPad then its amazing product. But the question would be how reliable and long lastign it is with the inbuilt battery.

I just prebooked now, gotta see this man.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have prebooked in month of November itself around 10 November. I have got some booking reference number as well. I have not received any mail so far for delivery.

Edit: One question: Is Android AppStore available in UbiSlate7+? Do you have any information?

Last edited by anujmishra : 17th February 2012 at 14:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks