Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 22:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
However no matter how crazy virus may be you can always log in from OS X & first copy files to other partition.
Also taking backup of data helps in times like these
Dont you think formatting the machine will slow down the processor and do it harm as it always does? Using windows will just increase the number of times the machine has to be formatted...and invariably cause the Mac to slow down too...
Old 11th April 2006, 22:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Dont you think formatting the machine will slow down the processor and do it harm as it always does? Using windows will just increase the number of times the machine has to be formatted...and invariably cause the Mac to slow down too...
Formatting machine has nothing to do with processor.
When formatting you are erasing your hard drive.
If you have all security updates, anti-virus, anti-spyware then you don't have to format your hard drive often. I have seen computers been used for 2 to 3 years without formatting.
Old 11th April 2006, 22:59   #18
Team-BHP Support

My mom's desktop was bought in 1999. i still have windows 98 on it and it has not been formatted or changed.
Old 11th April 2006, 23:31   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
However no matter how crazy virus may be you can always log in from OS X & first copy files to other partition.
A virus that kills/damages the MBR (Master Boot Record).. or the Partition table... would most probably get rid of MAC OS too... so there you are.

As far as formating is concerned.... I haven't formated any of my HDDs more than once (just when they were bought)...
If at all anything one just needs to reinstall windows.... either OTI or fresh... formating is nothing to do with it.

All said and done.... windows can be very stable... my Windows Server 2003... can run for weeks together without any problem. (its a legal evaluation version available free at MS site )
Old 25th September 2010, 21:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Members,
I am grateful to Dell which made me to go for mac.So finally my Mac arrived for 55k from Hongkong through my friend. It is great. I am grateful to our Team BHP member and the Dell employee who initiated my 8 year old Del Optiplex GX280 to work again like a work horse which helps my grand children to learn by hitting on it. I do like to join with you in discussion on mac and its functions. Here is my mac picture taken in the dark with out flash,Total system is that much only with in 21.5" display and a wireless mouse and a tiny KB.

I am struck here and could not able to upload the picture.
Old 26th September 2010, 00:09   #21
BANNED

Are you trying from MAC or Windows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I am struck here and could not able to upload the picture.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Are you trying from MAC or Windows?
I am trying from mac only.I did not install windows. It will take sometime to install.First I am making Mac as user friendly and recollecting my mac user memory of 98's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks