Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 23:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Steering Wheel for gaming

I am using Logitech Driving Force GT for my PS3. Its a very good wheel for the price. I think it is compatible with PC also but might need to confirm that. MRP is 9500 but I got it for 5500 from Nehru Place Delhi at wholesale price from a wholesaler.
Old 20th July 2012, 08:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys, please suggest a moderately priced gaming wheel. Will be used by son for PC. Anything from Thrustmasters?
I've been using a logitech MOMO force feedback wheel with my PC for the last year or so. Got it for <5k. Has paddle shifters and a sequential shifter. The force feedback feels really great! The only downside compared to some other wheels is the limited rotation (270 deg vs 900 on some wheels), but those wheels are much more expensive.

BTW if you want the best, Logitech G25/G27 are one of the best wheels out there, complete with an H pattern shifter!
Old 20th July 2012, 10:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Driving Force GT is far better than momo. The steering feels better to hold and has 900 degree rotation like a real car unlike momo which is a lame 180. The innards are metal unlike plastic in the momo. Its 2k extra well spent.
Old 26th February 2015, 21:14   #19
BHPian

Hi all,

I've been thinking about getting myself a racing wheel for PC. So far, I've found the Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 (~7.5k) with force feedback, and the Logitech Driving Force GT (~10k) to be my options. I know the Logitech G27 is the best one out there, but its way out of budget.

Suggestions and additions are most welcome. Also, does anybody know about where I can get these wheels at a good price in Chennai?

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 26th February 2015 at 21:24.
Old 26th February 2015, 21:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Hi all,

I've been thinking about getting myself a racing wheel for PC. So far, I've found the Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 (~7.5k) with force feedback, and the Logitech Driving Force GT (~10k) to be my options. I know the Logitech G27 is the best one out there, but its way out of budget.

Suggestions and additions are most welcome. Also, does anybody know about where I can get these wheels at good price in Chennai?
Only one strong suggestion:

Go for GT, look nowhere else.

I recently bought GT for Rs7900 at amazon.in Was getting the other one at around 8k from snapdeal. I'll share few links for your reference once I get on PC. Only thing better in F430 is that it has got much better pedals. Rest everything, feedback, customization, ergonomics etc are better in Logitech GT.

Regarding pedals in GT, I didn't find any problems as such. Only 2 things which might put you off, but again these does not actually matter when I play game.

1. Plastic - looks cheap but it IS solid. Who looks at pedal while playing anyway.

2. No feedback - Zero feedback. There is a simple DIY in which simply adding soft sponge can provide gradually increasing resistance, but I haven't tried this.

I don't remember if F430 provide resistance in pedals but it's pedal quality does seems to be better in pics and videos.

There was another reference to the noise made. If you have ever used a racing wheel with feedback, you would know they are loud because of gears used. I don't remember exactly but I think I found in one review that F430 are silent. Though noise is NO issue practically.

Just for info, I have not used F430 at all. Or rather any wheel except GT. I play Crew a lot using GT, and only recently found proper setting in which the drive is a LOT easier and fun. Though it will take me time to switch keyboard with wheel.
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:30   #21
BHPian

My son, 10 years of age, just had his first experience of racing wheel in a shopping mall. He is pestering for one to be bought for home.

What do people suggest for him? I can only use it in PC. No intention of buying Xbox or PS or any such.

Cheapest steering wheel I saw in Amazon is Thrustmaster Ferrari link

Is it worth a buy for beginner kid? Does it work well in a normal laptop?

What about the games? Do I need to buy them separately?

If anyone here has plans for selling off their racing steering wheel, please PM me.

Thanks for any help.
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
My son, 10 years of age, just had his first experience of racing wheel in a shopping mall. He is pestering for one to be bought for home.

What do people suggest for him? I can only use it in PC. No intention of buying Xbox or PS or any such.

Cheapest steering wheel I saw in Amazon is Thrustmaster Ferrari link

Is it worth a buy for beginner kid? Does it work well in a normal laptop?

What about the games? Do I need to buy them separately?

If anyone here has plans for selling off their racing steering wheel, please PM me.

Thanks for any help.
Hey, I have a Thrustmaster TMX which is clubbed to my Xbox One X. The Thrustmaster Ferrari is a decent one for beginner kids. It just would have 2 pedals and steering with pedal shifters mounted.

For kids this is a good setup. The TMX which I use will be extreme for kids, as it has forcefeedback and snaps on collisions, as speed is built similar to real cars. Though this can be adjusted and lowered as per needs, I don't think it will be worth it to spend so much unless you want to experience the fun too.

Here's my setup.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 491
Size:  590.6 KB
Old 26th April 2019, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
The Thrustmaster Ferrari is a decent one for beginner kids.
What about the games? Do we need to buy or are these available for free? Atleast the basic ones.

Will a normal laptop be sufficient to make the games play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Here's my setup.
Yes, saw that in another thread. Superb!!
Old 26th April 2019, 11:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
What about the games? Do we need to buy or are these available for free? Atleast the basic ones.

Will a normal laptop be sufficient to make the games play?
Any car racing game can be played with this. People even have played non racing games like GTA on this, though it is pretty weird. There are tons of racing games which will be available for free too.

Basic laptops will be fine as far as the games do not require heavy graphics. You can download old NFS games which did not require much graphics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks