Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 11:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I am very biased, have you thought of the offerings from Intel - some exciting duo core stuff coming !
Are you talking about Merom and Conroe?

The prices are supposed to be high if the general intel strategies are anything to go by.
Old 26th June 2006, 01:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this is what I bought... came to 39k... missing a TV tuner card, which freind is getting for 3.5 k from Singapore. Desperately missing wireless keyboard and mouse, but thats for later. So for a guy who started to build a rig at 20-25k, I ended up spending close to 40gs... Well, now have to starve and save money :d.... thanks for all your help, dev, tsk, zaphod, and everyone else that I forgot to mention. However I have a follow up question.

Guys finally bought my PC yesterday.... Athlon 3200+, Asus A8VM-CSM, 7300GT, Viewsonic 17inch TFT with 8 ms response time, 250 GB Seagate SATA, ATP3 speakers from Altec Lansing, 1024 RAM Kingston, Logitec MM Keyboard and Mouse.
Now I have installed Windows MCE on it, and want to buy MCE remote control so that I can play movies from my bed. I saw one one on Ebay India last week for near to 1200 Rs but dont see it now. My question is how much would windows MCE remote cost and is it easily available? I also saw Microsoft Wireless MCE keyboard for 3k, is that worth it? Or will just a remote suffice?
If I buy a TV Tuner card from Pinnacle, can I use that remote in my MCE to play movies, or Microsoft remote is a must? Thanks for your suggestions guys. BTW my CPU is running at 47 C, is that normal? Also when I run ASUS temperature utility it alarms when I try to monitor the Power Fan, does that mean I dont have one? Thanks for your response guys.
Old 28th June 2006, 13:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

A tv tuner card usually comes along with a remote control.

That's a nice specifications congrats.

check out the rear of the cabinet where vents are. Do you see a fan?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks