Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2007, 10:02   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

For 9K, I promise you, a pair of Sennheiser would make those Bose sound like a Con Job. I mean no offense, but when you say awesome and damn good, have you compared them to another pair of headphones that cost as much? Or is that just an initial impression? Because if you did compare apples to apples, you would be disappointed.

Brands like AKG, Beyer Dynamic, Sennheiser, Sony professional and Koss make headphones that provide reference sound that audiophiles swear by. The Bose headphones do not even feature halfway in this league of good quality headphone manufacturers.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th February 2007 at 10:05.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
My frnd just bough bose headphones for 9k. One word, AWSOME.
There might be certain bose products which may not be good but those headphones are damns good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
For 9K, I promise you, a pair of Sennheiser would make those Bose sound like a Con Job.
I do own a bose head phone. It cost 130$ at that time. After one year of usage, i feel its a con job nevertheless. Forget the drivers, the rest of the phone was made with filthy plastic. All the nuckles and joints where made with weak parts. The whole thing gave up within a years time. It so happened to couple of my friends too... who brought that phone, after i showed off my new bose posession to them. And those drivers... one of them also started to make some kind of "burr... burr" sound. guess they have also given up. I am happy that i didn't go for bose for my HT setup.
Old 6th February 2007, 00:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
For 9K, I promise you, a pair of Sennheiser would make those Bose sound like a Con Job. I mean no offense, but when you say awesome and damn good, have you compared them to another pair of headphones that cost as much? Or is that just an initial impression? Because if you did compare apples to apples, you would be disappointed.

Brands like AKG, Beyer Dynamic, Sennheiser, Sony professional and Koss make headphones that provide reference sound that audiophiles swear by. The Bose headphones do not even feature halfway in this league of good quality headphone manufacturers.
I recently bought a Sennheiser headphones hd125 ofr my console and pc. These headphones are really what the words what they say "the bass is tight" and at times it even gives out the free flow bass properly, gives me a better match when im on my decks... Good experience with it. Worth the $ i paid for it.

I have used the headphones of Bose .. not to say its bad,its okay but not worth the $ your paying for.
Old 6th February 2007, 16:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
BOSE is a wonder on what proper marketing can do to anything. There ought to be a case study in HBS on this. I was looking for a pair of phones for my iPod and I wasnt surprised at the number of "Buy Bose" recommendations that I got (from my extremely well educated colleagues).

After evaluating KOSS PortaPro, Senn PX100, Etymotic 6 & 4P, I bought Shure E2C for $100. Those, I can easily call AWESOME and get away without any flames!
Old 6th February 2007, 16:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post

After evaluating KOSS PortaPro, Senn PX100, Etymotic 6 & 4P, I bought Shure E2C for $100. Those, I can easily call AWESOME and get away without any flames!
Hear, Hear! Great decision! I was using E3Cs till my sister hijacked them and took off with them after her wedding. Now I'm using her E2Cs. GREAT earbuds. I'll buy a set of E3Cs (or maybe go crazy and get E5Cs) when I can manage the moolah, and when I can twist the arm of somebody coming home from abroad. (I bought the E2Cs from India with B&W --- cost me 6600/- !!!)
Old 10th February 2007, 02:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

aaaah nice.... t-bhpians also waking up I see

I have some more links in my book marks

Liquidtheater.Com: The problem with Bose

AVS Forum

But I realised that it is hard to convince some people. An uncle of mine had come from the US and I was talking to him abt Home theatres and he refused to listen. He was obstinate that Bose is the best..... I gave up after a few mins...
Old 10th February 2007, 09:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a Sennheiser PXC250 noise cancelling headset for the past 2+ years and, boy, do they make life worth living on the long cattle class flights I do almost every week. The equivalent Bose QC2 does not come close, even for 1.5X price..

For anybody who wants to use earphones in a noisy environment the noise-cancelling ones are more than worth the extra cash.. not to mention that you will preserve your ear drums much longer..
Old 15th February 2007, 15:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Not to sound stupid, but wasn't it bose who pioneered the .1 concept in music ?? or was i too late in finding out ?? The first .1 systems i had saw was way back in 1987 & it was a bose. Made me feel very proud those days.
Old 15th February 2007, 15:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

What is .1 system, never heard of it.
Old 15th February 2007, 15:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

samurai he means with a sub for ex 2.1 (2 speakers and a sub_5.1 (5 speakers and a sub ) and so on.

Rev
Old 16th February 2007, 15:11   #26
BHPian

A lot of people in the us hate bose. It stands for "buy other stereo equipment". I have a bose system in my car back in america..sounds fine to me.
Old 16th February 2007, 15:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

FOr someone who wanted to buy some receivers. Harman Kardon is good. buy the one with the HDMI support for once u get HD its gonna be good. Pioneer also has some really good one.

Guys in India, don't have a wide choice when it comes to Home theater systems unless they get it from the US or buy in the grey market. Sony sucks when it comes to home theatre systems. (personal opinion). Onkyo is pretty decent here. Harman Kardon is so expensive here as is Bose. Bose is 20 to 30% higher here.

I have a Harman kardon receiver which i picked up from the US. The same here is double the price if i buy it from Harman Kardon dealer.

I also have a Bose Acoustimass system which was gifted to me, so I'm not gonna cry about it. (Never look inside a gift horse's mouth) :-) It ok and sounds better than most of the Sony, Philips, LG, Samsung systems that most ppl buy here. And like someone said its got that BRAND name. "ooooh.. its a bose".. "wow man, u got a bose system" Out of 100 guys only 1 or 2 know that Bose ain't as good as its made out to be.
Old 16th February 2007, 16:03   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Guys in India, don't have a wide choice when it comes to Home theater systems unless they get it from the US or buy in the grey market. Sony sucks when it comes to home theatre systems. (personal opinion). Onkyo is pretty decent here. Harman Kardon is so expensive here as is Bose. Bose is 20 to 30% higher here.
Even Yamaha is available, I bought my RX-V1400 about 3 years back in a Bangalore shop.
Old 16th February 2007, 16:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

yes, you also get Denon and Pioneer in India. But there are no big dealers with good support for these. (as far as I know) plz correct me if i'm wrong. Cost factors are higher.

The problem with buying these from abroad is most of the receivers are very heavy. If you buy from the US you also have the 110 to 220V problem.
Old 19th February 2007, 14:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even Yamaha is available, I bought my RX-V1400 about 3 years back in a Bangalore shop.
Did it come with the official bill & Yamaha warranty ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks