Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 11:51   #16
BHPian

Video: Bluetooth Speaker Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Any idea when is jbl extreme 2 going to be launched here? I was deciding between sony xb41 and extreme 2 . Budget around 15k max.

JBL says around festive season and let me tell you, it's totally worth waiting. With the recent firmware update, xtreme-2 comes dangerously close to Bose soundlink mini-2 in terms of sound quality

I had recently bought Marshall Stanmore that's available for 21k from Paytm Mall. If you are looking for non portable options, you should definitely audition it once.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Video: Bluetooth Speaker Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
JBL says around festive season and let me tell you, it's totally worth waiting. With the recent firmware update, xtreme-2 comes dangerously close to Bose soundlink mini-2 in terms of sound quality

I had recently bought Marshall Stanmore that's available for 21k from Paytm Mall. If you are looking for non portable options, you should definitely audition it once.
Extreme retails for around 14K. I think extreme 2 will touch 20k easily, considering it costs $300.
Is SoundLink mini 2 really good? I want good Bluetooth solution even if its bit bulky, its fine.
I have Yamaha home theatre and various headphones and speakers in other room, but looking for some clutter free solution in this room hence the question.
Old 6th August 2018, 14:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Extreme retails for around 14K. I think extreme 2 will touch 20k easily, considering it costs $300.

Is SoundLink mini 2 really good? I want good Bluetooth solution even if its bit bulky, its fine.

I have Yamaha home theatre and various headphones and speakers in other room, but looking for some clutter free solution in this room hence the question.

Soundlink mini-2 is a gem of a speaker for a midsize room, sadly, it's been discontinued but you can still get from amazon for about 12k. The amount of bass and sound it throws, its unreal for its size. Please keep in mind it comes with own set of niggles (there are lot of YouTube videos for that)

You can definitely try out Charge3 (8k) Marshall Stanmore (21k) and Bose Revolve+(24k)

Apart from above you can give JBL boombox (21k) and UE line of speakers a chance.
Old 6th August 2018, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Soundlink mini-2 is a gem of a speaker for a midsize room, sadly, it's been discontinued but you can still get from amazon for about 12k. The amount of bass and sound it throws, its unreal for its size. Please keep in mind it comes with own set of niggles (there are lot of YouTube videos for that)

You can definitely try out Charge3 (8k) Marshall Stanmore (21k) and Bose Revolve+(24k)

Apart from above you can give JBL boombox (21k) and UE line of speakers a chance.
Ok thanks. Will try out charge 3. Will check comparisons between charge 3 / XB41 and extreme 2.?
Old 19th January 2019, 18:43   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, looking for a portable BT splashproof (ideally) speaker within 4/5k. Will be ferried around by kids and used while cooking so needs to be robust. We already have a Bose Soundlink Mini which I don't want to use for this purpose.

Any recommendations? Amazon has a bewildering variety all on sale!
Old 19th July 2020, 18:20   #21
BHPian

Hi Fellow Teambhpians:

I bought JBL Go 2 Portable bluetooth speake mic @ 2000 rs and
Boat Stone 200 Portable speaker with mic @ 1000 rs

JBL is waterproof while boat is water resistant

Here is a small video of the comparison of the two.

StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 15:28   #22
BHPian

Folks...

Can somebody suggest a good bluetooth speaker for voice calling? This is for my son for taking zoom calls from his tab for his online class.

So, the sound should be loud but low in bass and the microphone pickup should be clear. Am looking at the JBL Go with interest, so people who have hands on experience with it, please chime in.

Am looking for something around the 2K range. Dedicated speakerphones costs anything above 10K, that's why am looking for regular speakers.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by dragonfire : 12th July 2021 at 15:30.
Old 13th July 2021, 16:32   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Folks...

Can somebody suggest a good bluetooth speaker for voice calling? This is for my son for taking zoom calls from his tab for his online class.

So, the sound should be loud but low in bass and the microphone pickup should be clear. Am looking at the JBL Go with interest, so people who have hands on experience with it, please chime in.

Am looking for something around the 2K range. Dedicated speakerphones costs anything above 10K, that's why am looking for regular speakers.

Thanks in advance
Infinity (JBL) Clubz Mini (less than 1k) - I got this first as gifted company wide but a friend wanted it badly - I got another one for myself as it is Mono and the best distraction free sound for focussing on voice and spoken word. I use it exclusively for YouTube educational videos with my iPad as my office Mac has decent SQ built-in. This beats the other music oriented BT speakers costing 4-7k and more that I own in my experience. You can get red and blue ones that your child will fall in love with.

Last edited by Ragul : 13th July 2021 at 16:34.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 18:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Infinity (JBL) Clubz Mini (less than 1k) - I got this first as gifted company wide but a friend wanted it badly - I got another one for myself as it is Mono and the best distraction free sound for focussing on voice and spoken word. I use it exclusively for YouTube educational videos with my iPad as my office Mac has decent SQ built-in. This beats the other music oriented BT speakers costing 4-7k and more that I own in my experience. You can get red and blue ones that your child will fall in love with.
This one looks exactly like the Infinity Fuze Pint (https://www.amazon.in/Infinity-Fuze-...dp/B07W6VWZ8C/) which I bought recently. Trouble with it is that it is not very loud and I find the sound too bassy for voice calls. It is a cute little speaker though.
Old 13th July 2021, 19:19   #25
BANNED

Quote:
This one looks exactly like the Infinity Fuze Pint (https://www.amazon.in/Infinity-Fuze-...dp/B07W6VWZ8C/) which I bought recently. Trouble with it is that it is not very loud and I find the sound too bassy for voice calls. It is a cute little speaker though.
I find it good enough for 1:1 listening and did not find it bassy at all ... guess its all about ones ears
Old 13th July 2021, 22:31   #26
BHPian

what are your views on Amazon Echo studio in terms of sound quality.

I have a separate stereo setup, and this will for casual listening.

Budget under 20k
Old 19th July 2021, 13:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Folks...

Thanks in advance
Got the JBL Go PLUS. Youtube reviews say they are louder than the regular GO. FK had the Go PLUS at the same price as the regular Go, although it was only available in black.

Had the first run today, and although there is some amount of bass interfering with voice clarity, at least it is much louder than the Fuze Pint. The chief goal is to have a louder sound so that my son does not get distracted from the class.
Old 12th June 2023, 21:23   #28
BHPian

Folks, I am looking to buy a Bluetooth speaker where I can use it on outdoors [2000 sqft Lawn, Roof-top, etc]. Louder the better and I want it to be handy. Could you please suggest any from Amazon or Flipkart?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks