Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 19:29   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
whats the point of a pirated PS3 disc
1) these are bluray discs and given the amount of content u need to replicate them on bluray only
2) they are not locked or region coded in anyway, so if you feel its not cheap here, then buy it outside india. however i have noticed they cost the same everywhere

Also I don't think its right to discuss illegal stull like piracy here on tbhp
I asked the question because of exactly the points you've made. Personally, I don't think you get pirated discs for the PS3. I wasn't asking where and whether you get pirated discs, just if they even exist.
Old 29th October 2008, 20:02   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I asked the question because of exactly the points you've made. Personally, I don't think you get pirated discs for the PS3. I wasn't asking where and whether you get pirated discs, just if they even exist.
i was just building on your point not questioning it I was however questioning k_ajay
Old 30th October 2008, 17:19   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Star (& Jassi): I'm not aware either if PS3 pirated discs are available. Was just throwing a caution in the wind, just in case there are members preferring to buy pirated game titles [if they existed].

I don't mind buying lesser titles but prefer originals always.. Have 3 titles so far
Old 25th November 2008, 08:33   #589
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone already updated to the NXE on their Xbox!
It should be a real nice experiance. And yeah, now we should be able to play the games by installing to the HDD - no more drive spin - no more noise - no more scratches. that will be cool.
Old 11th December 2008, 17:22   #590
BHPian

PGR 3 trade

I have an unopened copy of PGR 3 (original India edition) for the XBOX 360. Looking to trade this for some other XBOX 360 game. My console isn't modded so would want an original PAL game. Anyone interested?
Old 13th December 2008, 22:38   #591
BHPian

Looking forward to the Jasper-boarded 256GB 360s !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Has anyone already updated to the NXE on their Xbox!
It should be a real nice experiance.
Hi Ketan, NXE is fabulous & the install is seamless & takes only a few minutes to download. It's a definite improvement over the original blade style interface & the avatars are cool.

Quote:
And yeah, now we should be able to play the games by installing to the HDD - no more drive spin - no more noise - no more scratches. that will be cool.
Regarding running games from the HDD feature, some games supposedly run slower with this, most notable Halo 3. So check with the game developer's web-site before using this feature for any particular game.

Happy gaming
Old 14th December 2008, 09:34   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Ketan, NXE is fabulous & the install is seamless & takes only a few minutes to download. It's a definite improvement over the original blade style interface & the avatars are cool.

Regarding running games from the HDD feature, some games supposedly run slower with this, most notable Halo 3. So check with the game developer's web-site before using this feature for any particular game.

Happy gaming
I need to find out more on that point.. I dont think games shoudl run slower if palyed from HDD. As far as I know the I/O capacity that HDD can provide is lot lot better than what DVD drive can.. So, it should definately be a faster access than DVD drive.
Old 15th December 2008, 22:38   #593
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think games shoudl run slower if palyed from HDD. As far as I know the I/O capacity that HDD can provide is lot lot better than what DVD drive can.. So, it should definately be a faster access than DVD drive.
Hi Ketan, here's Bungie's explanation of why Halo 3 runs slower when installed on the HDD. Bungie's advice is to run Halo 3 from the DVD itself...
Old 16th December 2008, 00:30   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Ketan, here's Bungie's explanation of why Halo 3 runs slower when installed on the HDD. Bungie's advice is to run Halo 3 from the DVD itself...
Alright,

So, it looks like the way they have coded the game is not helping here. As far as I know about the windows internals and its memory managemnet, there is a cache manager and a memory manager who's taking care of such caching things and programs doesnt even know about it, all such data / instructions that needs to be read/write frequently are handled by memory manager / cache manager and will never be paged to the disk hence saving a lots of I/O operations..

I need to find out more on what kind of caching mechanism is there with the 360, if that has got similar cache manager, this should not be the case but reading thru that post, it seems using utility partition on disk insted of memory may not be a good idea for a performance intensive applications...

multiple I/O operations on the same device will definately add some delay. Do you think this will hamper performance of the game at the time of playing in any ways? I agree, it may take some time to load the map, but once its loaded we just need to be reading off the disk (faster I/O than DVD) and that should not affect game play apart from few extra miliseconds while loading maps.
Old 16th December 2008, 10:17   #595
BHPian

guys where will i find a replacement power brick for xbox 360 in india especially in hyderabad. i bought my console from the US and tried to use it in india. can any one help me with this. what will be the cost. i am thinking it will be around 2500-3000rs.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:45   #596

PS3 80GB from Dubai

Hi, I need some help in getting a PS3 80GB from Dubai.

1. will the games in India work
2. will the DVDs/Blueray discs in India work
3. will i be able to connect to net & update the system?
4. will Sony India service an imported PS3

any other problem that i should anticipate...
please help me out here. Thank you
Old 17th December 2008, 22:29   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessen View Post
Hi, I need some help in getting a PS3 80GB from Dubai.

1. will the games in India work
2. will the DVDs/Blueray discs in India work
3. will i be able to connect to net & update the system?
4. will Sony India service an imported PS3

any other problem that i should anticipate...
please help me out here. Thank you
1) games are region free
2) dvds and blurays may or may not be region free - depends on title
3) yes you can update from the net
4) you lose warranty the moment you connect to a place outside dubai - but you can avail service at a charge
Old 20th December 2008, 20:26   #598
BHPian

playing nfs undercover on ps3 - this weekend - the graphics are nothing like grand turismo, but as usual being an nfs game pretty addictive
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:39   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
playing nfs undercover on ps3 - this weekend - the graphics are nothing like grand turismo, but as usual being an nfs game pretty addictive

NFS Undercover is a very very bad game -- I wasted Rs.900 for buying this game on my PC --

you can read the review here

IGN: Need for Speed Undercover
Old 24th December 2008, 16:56   #600

hi friends,i am planning to own a new playstation 3.checked with sony world in chennai and the sales man informed me that only 80gb is available and 40gb will never be for sale.even if so then those must be the old stocks.so any cons with going in for 80gb instead of 40gb.help me to settle in for the best one friends

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks