Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2023, 10:39   #886
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

Hi: anyone practising aerobic activity using heart rate monitoring e.g. Maffetone method/Zone 2 cardio training? Both methods require the activity heart rate to be capped at a certain limit, for optimising aerobic activity. What are my options for a budget fitness band, where I can set up an alarm once the real-time heart rate approaches/exceeds a pre-set heart rate? I don't mind the device syncing with my mobile phone- I anyway carry that and listen to music/podcasts while I jog
Not willing to spend a lot at the moment as not sure how long the enthusiasm would last A fitness enthusiast friend suggested chest-strap monitor for better accuracy, but it seems to be quite expensive for my present usage. Should I invest in one?

Last edited by Nikhil Beke : 12th December 2023 at 10:41.
Old 12th December 2023, 11:09   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Beke View Post
A fitness enthusiast friend suggested chest-strap monitor for better accuracy, but it seems to be quite expensive for my present usage. Should I invest in one?
Wrist based heart beat monitors are notoriously inaccurate. They are good for monitoring a trend but in your case it looks like you need an accurate number. For that kind of accuracy, a chest strap is recommended. Get a garmin chest strap and pair it with a compatible app/device.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 12:36   #888
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

For the Sports and Fitness Lovers, try the

Huawei GT3 Pro, its a great combination of aesthetics, fitness and accuracy

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/weara...-pro-titanium/

Have owned it for over a year and still loving it

Queries are welcome, if it has attracted attention

Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 20:44   #889
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So I want to catch up with the latest technology without losing any of the features I already have. Basically a smartwatch.

I can't be bothered to charge the watch, which means it has to be solar charged. I should be able to swim with it. Those two are non-negotiable. That gives me only one clear option, the Garmin Instinct Series.
Hi

If charging can be compromised then may I suggest Huawei GT3Pro. Its a very cleek, accurate and multi function smart watch.

Have been using it for the last year plus and find it very helpful and accurate when it comes to measuring fitness and performance. This after comparing it with my Polar watches.

Let me know if you need more information

Thanks
LiveLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 16:34   #890
Senior - BHPian

Bought myself a CMF smartwatch and took it on a walk today morning for the first time.

Now in the summary part you can see total steps as 5,166 and distance of 2.94kms

But the tracked exercise part shoes distance as 4.76km and the step count in that was 6,300.

What could be reason for the mismatch?
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-screenshot_20240119162402.png  

Old 19th January 2024, 20:07   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Bought myself a CMF smartwatch and took it on a walk today morning for the first time.

What could be reason for the mismatch?
Hi

The smartwatch uses arm movement/swing to record (a proxy of) steps. While the tracked expertise may have actually calculated the distance travelled and used an approximation of step length to calculate the number of steps walked

This is one of the major drawbacks with smartwatch/es that they use arm movement as a proxy.

A back of the envelope calculation you could do is measure the distance you have walked and divide that by the length of your step e.g., distance walked = 5kms; step length could be 2.5 feet per step

Thanks
LiveLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:44   #892
Team-BHP Support

What options are present for fitness ring? I am using a Garmin watch as of now, it's working okay, but wish to go back to regular watches.
Old 1st February 2024, 11:45   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What options are present for fitness ring? I am using a Garmin watch as of now, it's working okay, but wish to go back to regular watches.
Wait for the galaxy ring Or try the fittr hart ring.
Old 1st February 2024, 12:48   #894
BHPian

Has anyone used Amazfit Balance fitness watch Link? If yes, I would love to know your review?

Most of the online / YT reviews are very good - esp. GPS and other sensors - Quantified Scientist also is reasonably good. The watch feels fully loaded - different sensors, OS and GPS. I managed to try that out on my wrists recently in one of the shops.

It was a slightly bigger that what I had imagined - but not too out of place. The display, fluid interface, buttons and nylon strap was very nice - felt premium. It's currently retailing at Rs 24K on FK but available in the US $219 (~ Rs 19K).
Old 3rd April 2024, 21:36   #895
BHPian

Galaxy Watch4 users, a query for you. When I enable Bedtime mode on my watch, the connected mobile's screen is by itself switched to a monochromatic colour. I want only the watch to turn to this mode, not my mobile.

Can someone help, please?
Old 4th April 2024, 11:53   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Galaxy Watch4 users, a query for you. When I enable Bedtime mode on my watch, the connected mobile's ...
please?
I found a solution. Posting it here too.

You can turn off the Bedtime mode sync between your watch and your phone and it will prevent this from happening.

Go into the Galaxy Wearable app and in Watch settings there's a Bedtime mode sync option.

Disable that and your phone won't go greyscale whenever you turn on watch bedtime mode.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 14:32   #897
BHPian

Unable to setup eSim on Apple Watch

The 1st time I did it, it was smooth and was done in less than a minute. I had to reset both recently and have been unable to set up ever since. What am I doing wrong ?

After I press "Setup Mobile Service" it takes me to the login page and then to the web version of the AirTel app when I click "Not able to login". I remember it to be seamless the 1st time I did.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-pxl_20240404_084342622.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-pxl_20240404_084140514.mp3.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-pxl_20240404_084402225.jpg  

Old 4th April 2024, 16:59   #898
BHPian

I picked up my first smartwatch in 2018 i think with a Fitbit Versa 2. Worked like a charm and in 2021 I upgraded to Garmin. Lost it during an air travel and then went on to get an Apple Watch in 22. Its been a couple of years now and I am not very happy with the Apple Watch. Battery continues to be my main grouse. For a company who manufactures brilliant phones, ipads and laptops which has humungous battery life, the Apple Watch seems to be a little flea.

Of late, I keep looking at my collection of aesthetic non smart watches and I would love to start wearing them. At my current state of life, I would love to have a few metrics to watch out for. Steps, distance, heartrate, spo2, hrv, vo2 max and sleep time. Even if there is an error of +/1 5% to 10% i am fine.

I started looking at Hybrid watches and not many come as stylish as the regular watches. Was wondering if the group here has any suggestions. I liked

1. Withings Horizon - I think it goes at around $400
2. Kronaby Connected - Same as above

Not sure if I want to spend so much, but if there are any which are in the $250 range it would be great. Please let me know
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:26   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Not sure if I want to spend so much, but if there are any which are in the $250 range it would be great. Please let me know
I too have been looking for a hybrid smartwatch for some time now. Both Fossil and Titan have some great looking ones. Do check them out.
Old 5th April 2024, 17:07   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Please let me know
Are you not interested in going back to Garmin? If you don't need GPS in-built on the watch, then the Vivomove Sport seems to match all of your criteria. The only con is that black is the only sane colour option that men can wear (IMO).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks