Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2006, 10:30   #16
BHPian

SK,

I would suggest you the following, after a lot of listening to different brands i found the following CD player / Amp combo to be the best sounding.

Cambridge Audio Azur 640Cv2 CD Player
Cambridge Audio Azur 640Av2 Integrated Amplifier

It sounds much better than NAD, Rotel let alone Japanese brands like Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc.

If budget is more look no further than Creek.

As far as the speakers are concerned there are lot of option but considering your musical taste I would suggest you the follwing speakers

Tannoy Eyris 1 DC
Dynaudio Audience 52
Old 21st April 2007, 20:14   #17
BHPian

Jolida makes some nice hybrid integrated amplifiers (tube preamp, solid state power amp). Not too expensive either. Sounds sweet but the bass isn't very tight. Available somewhere in Pune.
Old 22nd April 2007, 03:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
SK,

I would suggest you the following, after a lot of listening to different brands i found the following CD player / Amp combo to be the best sounding.

Cambridge Audio Azur 640Cv2 CD Player
Cambridge Audio Azur 640Av2 Integrated Amplifier

Dynaudio Audience 52
No offence but that combo will sound very very lean. The Audience 52/52SE are very very transparent for their price range. However both the 640C v2 and 640A v2 are quite lean sounding IMHO, especially the amp. I do like the CD player a lot but I think one would be better off mating that cdp with something that sounds a touch warmer. I'd say if you can stretch your budget a bit, get a tube pre and a pair of Flying moles . The latter is awesome value for money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks