Team-BHP - Amazon Prime Video in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Amazon Prime Video in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/182548-amazon-prime-video-india-9.html)

I am having a weird problem. Am not able to see subtitles even though it's selected. Tried with few tv shows, and some regional movies. Not showing for any of these. Asked my sister to check the same videos in Blore and it was working fine.

Contacted their customer support and say it's because I use a BSNL network. They say BSNL will not allow the subtitles to appear. Sounded strange. Anybody here facing the same issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4300519)
Contacted their customer support and say it's because I use a BSNL network. They say BSNL will not allow the subtitles to appear. Sounded strange. Anybody here facing the same issue?

That sounds creepy :eek: Have you tried watching the shows with any other network?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp_maniac (Post 4300526)
That sounds creepy :eek: Have you tried watching the shows with any other network?

When I said it was the subtitle issue, the first question they asked was "Which network I use"? They had escalated this issue with BSNL but no response from them.

Yes, I did check with Vodafone and subtitles are working fine. So guess it's an issue with BSNL :eek:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4300534)
When I said it was the subtitle issue, the first question they asked was "Which network I use"? They had escalated this issue with BSNL but no response from them.

Yes, I did check with Vodafone and subtitles are working fine. So guess it's an issue with BSNL :eek:.

Maybe subtitles are coming from a particular server/port combination that is blocked by bsnl.

Quote:

They say BSNL will not allow the subtitles to appear. Sounded strange. Anybody here facing the same issue?

Possible. There was an uproar earlier about them injecting ads too IIRC. https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comme...ecting_ads_on/

You can verify this easily by connecting to a hotspot wifi created from your phone. Should not use too much of data.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4300534)

I use a BSNL network and subtitles are appearing fine. Maybe it's something else?

Quote:

I am having a weird problem. Am not able to see subtitles even though it's selected. Tried with few tv shows, and some regional movies. Not showing for any of these. Asked my sister to check the same videos in Blore and it was working fine.

Which device? Phone, firestick, smart TV etc...?
Try a different device using the same network and see if you still see the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 4300675)
Possible. There was an uproar earlier about them injecting ads too IIRC. https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comme...ecting_ads_on/

You can verify this easily by connecting to a hotspot wifi created from your phone. Should not use too much of data.

It's working when I switch to a different network. Tried with Vodafone and it's working fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickdj (Post 4300677)
I use a BSNL network and subtitles are appearing fine. Maybe it's something else?

Is it? Then it should be something else or maybe restricted to Kerala zone? That doesnt sound to be the reason but the customer support did mention BSNL/MTNL do have problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartindboy (Post 4300710)
Which device? Phone, firestick, smart TV etc...?
Try a different device using the same network and see if you still see the issue.

I have mirrored my lap to the TV. I tried the amazon app that's there in the TV but no subtitles visible even though I selected them. Even tried the mobile app and worked fine when I used vodafone but didnt work when I tried BSNL broadband. So in short after trying different devices - it worked on vodafone but not BSNL. So I guess my issue is with BSNL.

EDIT - Did a jugaad. Tethered my vodafone network, started the video (subtitles visible). Waited for few seconds and then reconnected my BSNL network. After that, the video works with subtitles. So guess, I used the other network to download/cache the subtitles. So this is my best bet for now :D.

Everything was working fine until today suddenly the TV App stopped working.

I have a Samsung SMART TV that has the Amazon Prime app built in.
Since today no matter what I do the Prime app wont load.
It gives a message
We are unable to process your request, Please try later or contact Amazon Customer service.

Error Code : 9074.

Contacted their Customer service via the Chat interface.
And the experience was not the best.
They dont have any form of ticketing system , the person just took the complaint and says we are working on it and it will be fixed in 1-2 days.

When I asked for a complaint# or a Ticket# they say they have no such system in place :Frustrati

I told the customer rep that in the absence of registering a Ticket they have zero accountability. If I call up after 2 days I am back to square one as there is no proof that I complained 2 days earlier.

They don't seem to be concerned about this issue at all.

Lets see how long they take to resolve it.

Ps: My prime a/c is fine , as via the PC and phone Prime video works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4336795)
Everything was working fine until today suddenly the TV App stopped working.

I have a Samsung SMART TV that has the Amazon Prime app built in.
Since today no matter what I do the Prime app wont load.
It gives a message
We are unable to process your request, Please try later or contact Amazon Customer service.

Error Code : 9074.

Contacted their Customer service via the Chat interface.
And the experience was not the best.
They dont have any form of ticketing system , the person just took the complaint and says we are working on it and it will be fixed in 1-2 days.

When I asked for a complaint# or a Ticket# they say they have no such system in place :Frustrati

I told the customer rep that in the absence of registering a Ticket they have zero accountability. If I call up after 2 days I am back to square one as there is no proof that I complained 2 days earlier.

They don't seem to be concerned about this issue at all.

Lets see how long they take to resolve it.

Ps: My prime a/c is fine , as via the PC and phone Prime video works.

why not log a ticket with samsung?

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek (Post 4337384)
why not log a ticket with samsung?

Luckily it started working the next day :D.
So all is well now.

Any idea about Prime Music? When will it be launched here?

Is Prime Music same as Amazon music? If yes, it has already been silently launched in India. However, the only way to access it is through Echo devices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigadier (Post 4348073)
Any idea about Prime Music? When will it be launched here?

Pretty soon, I believe. Amazon has signed deals with Saregama, Zee Music and Sony Music very recently :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnredkar (Post 4348147)
If yes, it has already been silently launched in India

Users of Amazon Echo or Alexa enabled devices get Exclusive Preview of Prime Music

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class (Post 4348151)
Users of Amazon Echo or Alexa enabled devices get Exclusive Preview of Prime Music

How would we get this enabled. When i ask Alexa to play some music, it always defaults to Saavn.