Team-BHP - Amazon Prime Video in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Amazon Prime Video in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/182548-amazon-prime-video-india.html)

Got a mail from Amazon stating that Prime Video is now available in India. Had already signed up for their Prime Membership at Rs 499/- Year.

A quick look at the content does not indicate anything very exciting. Hope it is just a start.

Screen grab:

Amazon Prime Video in India!-primevideo.jpg

Starting a separate thread as we have one for Netflix in India. Not sure of the current Prime Subscription charges. I think it is 999 per year. I had bought it during an offer period when it was 499 per year. Dirt cheap compared to anything else out there (Netflix is ~700 PER Month). But not too excited about the content yet.

Link: Prime Video

Ah, at last we can watch Grand Tour in the proper way. Welcome to India, Amazon Prime.

Personally, I am ready to pay 499 (or even 999) just to watch the Grand Tour, rest everything is a bonus to me :D
--Anoop

Subscribing to Prime today. The introductory offer of 499 for a year is too good compared to Netflix, which charges 500 a month (minimum).

This video being offered in addition to other perks in Amazon India site like Free 2-day shipping and early access to deals, make it sweeter.

Contents will get added and HBO might come as well (HBO is fully available in US site). Let's see.

Online content market in India has improved vastly in 2016. Hope they get MP3 here as well soon.

I downloaded the Amazon Prime video app and as expected , there's no chromecast support in the app . Casting the entire screen is no good really.

Wishful to think that chromecast support will be added in the future . I guess Amazon will start selling their fire stick soon .

What kind of data usage is one looking at with Prime streaming? I know it's subjective and usage dependent, but a ballpark figure in terms of MBs consumed per unit time at a certain streaming quality?

Hi,

How does one watch content from Prime in India?
I am already subscribed and I want to watch on my laptop, not on my TV.

Thank you
Rachit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4109791)
What kind of data usage is one looking at with Prime streaming? I know it's subjective and usage dependent, but a ballpark figure in terms of MBs consumed per unit time at a certain streaming quality?

I stream HD movies from google play movies. A 2 hr movie consumes 3-5 GB of data. SD streaming will consume less.

FUP limits will increase with time.

Fantastic news clap:clap:. I'll remain a Prime member on Amazon for quicker deliveries anyway, so this is as good as free.

Quick look shows me some decent options. Sultan, Talaash, The Prestige, The Godfather, Kapoor & sons, 2 & a half men etc. I like how IMDB ratings are displayed next to the title; I never watch a movie without checking out its ratings on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes.

I hope Amazon videos offers the 'movie purchase' option for premium titles too (like they do in the USA). I don't expect the standard / free selection to offer a vast range of good movies. Why? Here's my post from another thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3968966)
Earlier in 2016, Netflix launched in India, although it was a big dud. The movie collection is awful (related link). There are only a sprinkling of A+ grade movies and their library mainly includes B & C grade stuff. Why so? Simply because movies arrive on Netflix when there's no other viable revenue stream left (after the theater, pay-per-view, television etc.). It's the last option. That's precisely why, on an average, it used to take me 15 - 20 minutes to find a movie worth watching on Netflix. And even then, it was still a B or C grade flick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 4109662)
Ah, at last we can watch Grand Tour in the proper way.

Check out the trivia displayed alongside the video. So cool for fans like us:
Amazon Prime Video in India!-trivia.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 4109752)
Wishful to think that chromecast support will be added in the future . I guess Amazon will start selling their fire stick soon .

Vis a vis Netflix, Amazon videos sure sucks in cross-platform support. There's no way I can watch it on my Sony TV! It has a Netflix app though, and I can also access Netflix from my Apple TV. Can anyone suggest a way to watch Amazon videos on TV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 4109793)
I am already subscribed and I want to watch on my laptop, not on my TV.

www.primevideo.com

I saw this message too , hope my Roku works with amazon India . Meanwhile i am finding Hotstar Premium(Rs 200pm) to be having very good content and the casting seems to be working very well .

I just signed up for this. I definitely have not gone wow seeing the collection, but it's decent.

I am not able to play most videos in the list! When I click on "play" from home page, it takes me to the movie page and nothing is clickable there. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

I am using Mozilla Firefox latest version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4110109)
Check out the trivia displayed alongside the video. So cool for fans like us:

Wow, Thank you - I haven't seen this earlier.

One strange thing I noticed is, the latest episode - Enviro-mental - is showing only 30 minutes and don't have any visuals from the 'environment friendly' car segment. Wonder what is the cause and I hope we will get to watch the future episodes in full.

--Anoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4110109)
Can anyone suggest a way to watch Amazon videos on TV?

I can think of 2 ways now.
1. Connect the HDMI cable from Laptop to TV.
2. Open Amazon on chrome browser and cast this to chromecast.
Both methods involve using a computer.

Have found that casting the entire screen is quite a patchy job. I hope the app itself has the cast option. Very limited content though. Even with or without the Prime Video, I would still be a member as I simply buy too much from them :)

I signed up for Amazon prime when it was launched (for faster deliveries) and hence this would be a bonus. I also have netflix and the advantage is that i can stream it through my Sony Blu Ray player into the overhead projector and watch the movie with all frills and thrills!
How do i stream Amazon prime in the home theatre system?

I had earlier taken Netflix for two months, but cancelled it due to high cost. Amazon Video comes as a blessing at Rs. 499 a year.

I just bought the same and also there is a Rs. 10% cash back offer as Amazon Pay Balance going on from yesterday if you pay using a debit card (first debit card transaction in that card at Amazon). More details here http://www.amazon.in/l/11400151031

So, effective rate of Amazon prime including Amazon video is Rs. 450 clap:

KK