Team-BHP - Amazon Prime Video in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Amazon Prime Video in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/182548-amazon-prime-video-india-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4123278)
@rbp,

Good to know that you have an Amazon fire TV stick.

Couple of quick queries.
1.Is the Fire stick available in India ?
Whatever listing I see online show as would be shipped from the US.

2.Does it work well with the Amazon.in Prime video account ?
(I mean without any workaround hacks )

I brought the fire stick from ebay India through their global purchase feature couple of years back.

Amazon Indian content works only through the Amazon video app as I had showed in the screenshot. You cannot directly play Indian content through the fire stick. I hope I was clear :)

Get a prime membership of Amazon.co.uk and watch full episodes from India as well. Get one month free membership and watch all episodes.

Or there is one unofficial not recommended free way as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4122997)
Does anyone know if Kodi has a working Add on that can stream from Amazon Prime ?

nope , kodi does not have that addon , i am using my ps4 to watch amazon video

Has anyone tried screen mirroring to watch Amazon prime on TV? I tried with my Sony smart TV and it worked but it was jittery. Audio was also coming from TV so I think with strong WiFi connection, it can be one of the ways to watch it on TV in India. My TV officially is not supported by Amazon prime in India. 🙁

Quote:

Has anyone tried screen mirroring to watch Amazon prime on TV
Yes, I did but not able to get Audio out from TV to Amplifier, don't know why.
Even I am figuring a way to watch on TV, can't find an App for Amazon prime on my 2016 MY 4K Panasonic either. When I try to log in using the browser on TV, it throws up an error of media not supported.

Until such time Laptop is the only option I believe:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4129451)
Even I am figuring a way to watch on TV, can't find an App for Amazon prime on my 2016 MY 4K Panasonic either. When I try to log in using the browser on TV, it throws up an error of media not supported.

Poor planning on Amazons part.

- Roll out the 1 month free Prime package (Video part of it)
- Slashed rates
- Advertising Amazon Prime video on TV channels

But they have not made the Fire TV stick or Box available in India.

People who were initially interested will see that they cannot watch it on a regular TV which does not support the Amazon app inbuilt and lose interest.
Then its going to be tough winning back these customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla (Post 4129373)
Has anyone tried screen mirroring to watch Amazon prime on TV? I tried with my Sony smart TV and it worked but it was jittery. Audio was also coming from TV so I think with strong WiFi connection, it can be one of the ways to watch it on TV in India. My TV officially is not supported by Amazon prime in India. 🙁

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4129451)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4129458)
Poor planning on Amazons part.

- Roll out the 1 month free Prime package (Video part of it)
- Slashed rates
- Advertising Amazon Prime video on TV channels

But they have not made the Fire TV stick or Box available in India.

People who were initially interested will see that they cannot watch it on a regular TV which does not support the Amazon app inbuilt and lose interest.
Then its going to be tough winning back these customers.

What fails me is that why can't Amazon provide support for Google Chromecast - when same can be provided by most major streaming providers - including Netflix, Hotstar, ErosNow etc.

Amazon prime app available in Sony Android TV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4129470)
What fails me is that why can't Amazon provide support for Google Chromecast - when same can be provided by most major streaming providers - including Netflix, Hotstar, ErosNow etc.

Most probably because Amazon have their own streaming devices while the others rely on other hardware platforms for streaming.

Using VPN to access all the US contents and it streams like a charm, The US library is just HUGE! Compared to the US india's content are very very limited, Though i expect them to increase as the time goes by, But yeah 1 year for 500 INR and streaming content from the US is just too good to be true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 4130230)
Using VPN to access all the US contents and it streams like a charm, The US library is just HUGE! Compared to the US india's content are very very limited, Though i expect them to increase as the time goes by, But yeah 1 year for 500 INR and streaming content from the US is just too good to be true.

Can you explain in detail, how to go about for accessing the US content? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 4130230)

I don't think this is possible.
While the VPN may satisfy the IP check, you would be prompted to login to your Amazon prime account to validate your credentials.
Once you login it would associate your membership as an IN account and not let you stream US content. Never tired though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4130283)
While the VPN may satisfy the IP check, you would be prompted to login to your Amazon prime account to validate your credentials.
Once you login it would associate your membership as an IN account and not let you stream US content. Never tired though.

I just checked with US based VPN. I'm able to watch the US series with Indian based Amazon account. It is just matter of time and amazon will start blocking VPN IPs as netflix does.

PS. I have my own US based VPN which I can share with fellow bhp members for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4130275)
Can you explain in detail, how to go about for accessing the US content? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4130283)

There are a couple of ways to setup VPN and use it, Easiest one is this.

1. Download Google chrome if you don't have already.
2. Download Zenmate extension for chrome. (Its free forever)
3. Click on the VPN logo on the top right and select country US.
4. Google for Prime Video and and click on the link which has amazon.com in it.
5. Sign in using your indian account details
6. You can see the list of movies like below.

Amazon Prime Video in India!-screen-shot-20170119-11.42.33-am.png

Amazon Prime Video in India!-screen-shot-20170119-11.43.05-am.png

Amazon Prime Video in India!-screen-shot-20170119-11.51.17-am.png

And every content works fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla (Post 4129373)

Works perfectly with Apple TV. I mean airplay is supported by the prime video iOS application.