Team-BHP - The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/19585-tv-thread-lcd-led-etc-625.html)

Hi, has anyone bought the Mi 4k TV Box? Looks like a great device to me, on paper. Just wanted to know if anyone has got themselves one & could share a quick user experience.
I have a 2008 SONY LCD TV working perfectly till date (touchwood:D) and I don’t see any strong reason to upgrade to a new one. The only thing where it lacked was in the content streaming department; which I guess should be covered with help of this new Mi TV Box. Thoughts please?

Additionally, one just needs a simple screen (even a regular desktop screen also would do), an internet connection, a speaker output; & that’s it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amrik Singh (Post 4809997)
What was the result, final opinion ?

Sony in its default picture options displayed dark details as well as snow details better. The sales personnel were pushing LG and tried their best to tweak the picture options to match. When the dark scene details were comparable, the snow details were gone and vice versa. They briefly made an attempt with Samsung, but gave up sooner. Btw, as per them they are not allowed to change the default picture settings of the Sony on display, "it has to be left on defaults on all Sony display pieces".

Btw the clips were:-

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvek3141 (Post 4810447)
Hi, has anyone bought the Mi 4k TV Box? Looks like a great device to me, on paper. Just wanted to know if anyone has got themselves one & could share a quick user experience.
I have a 2008 SONY LCD TV working perfectly till date (touchwood:D) and I don’t see any strong reason to upgrade to a new one. The only thing where it lacked was in the content streaming department; which I guess should be covered with help of this new Mi TV Box. Thoughts please?

Additionally, one just needs a simple screen (even a regular desktop screen also would do), an internet connection, a speaker output; & that’s it!

Hello
I own the international version of the same box which is known as Mi Box S. I can confidently recommend you to go ahead with it. It is fast, smooth and versatile. Seriously, nothing wrong with it and one of my best purchase decisions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4810546)
Hello
I own the international version of the same box which is known as Mi Box S. I can confidently recommend you to go ahead with it. It is fast, smooth and versatile. Seriously, nothing wrong with it and one of my best purchase decisions.

Thanks for your feedback shivamk11. Just ordered one from Flipkart @ 3499/-. I feel it’s priced well for what it offers to do (supported by good user reviews). Waiting for the delivery now. :)

All - Need help settle the MI LED 43 Vs the Onida 43 TV.

One of my Philips TV went kaput after 3 years Outside warranty and the cost to change the screen is as high as a new TV itself. We decided that we don't need anything fancy in that room. We were also thinking that my son can use a smart TV for his online classes.

I loved the Mi. Its an Android TV. The Onida is on the FireTV OS so, not sure if i can download Zoom and do calls on this one.

I am leaning very heavily towards ordering the Mi today, but will check any views or thoughts that i can pick here. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 4811047)
All - Need help settle the MI LED 43 Vs the Onida 43 TV.

Hi Krishna,

If you haven't decided yet, why don't you have a look at Realme TVs that's just launched today and up for sale on June 2nd. Hopefully, its not a flash sale like mobiles.

They have 32" and 43" models.

You can check out the specs here: Realme TV

A lot of bragging is on the viewing angles and the sound output as compared to current ones in the market.

I guess Android TV is better than FireOS TV in terms of software experience (unfortunately haven't experienced either)

If not in a hurry, I would suggest to wait for some initial reviews before putting in the money.

A quick help required regarding VESA mounts from experts...

Will this https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-S...dp/B079YQQDT2/ fit this tv monitor ? or do i need to buy some other adapter mounts ?

Name:  Screenshot 20200525 at 9.43.00 PM.png
Views: 1108
Size:  561.7 KB

//Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulk76 (Post 4811366)
A quick help required regarding VESA mounts from experts.

Does not seem so. Your mount hole gaps do not seem to look like a square shape that is supported by the mount you linked on Amazon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulk76 (Post 4811366)
A quick help required regarding VESA mounts from experts...

You did not specify what vesa size is applicable to your TV. The mount you shown supports only 75x75 mm or 100x100 mm.

Don't worry about round or square shape on the mount. As long as Vesa distances are matched you can use the screws and put it on mount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipnil (Post 4811537)
You did not specify what vesa size is applicable to your TV. The mount you shown supports only 75x75 mm or 100x100 mm.

Don't worry about round or square shape on the mount. As long as Vesa distances are matched you can use the screws and put it on mount.

Ok i measured TV nut placeholders with a scale and top to bottom is 10cm and left to right is 20cm. I also have a wall mount kit which came along with it. Can that be attached to mount plate on ?

e.g. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...514FT22O&psc=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulk76 (Post 4811540)
Can that be attached to mount plate on ? https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...514FT22O&psc=1

Do you know the weight of your TV? It seems to be a bit on the heavier side which is why it requires spaced out arms to hold it. It might be too heavy for the table mount you are showing. Check the specs of the arm mount against the TV weight. You might be able to find an adapter to fit that TV on the arm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 4811580)
Do you know the weight of your TV? It seems to be a bit on the heavier side which is why it requires spaced out arms to hold it. It might be too heavy for the table mount you are showing. Check the specs of the arm mount against the TV weight. You might be able to find an adapter to fit that TV on the arm.

3.25 Kg is weight of TV. Found the adapter as well. The mount stand doesnt really specify the supported weight unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulk76 (Post 4811640)
3.25 Kg is weight of TV.

The Amazon basics models indicate the weight they can support. There are various models from 6kg and up.

Sony has launched the Bravia H Series TVs in India today: URL

Sony Bravia X8000H, Bravia X7500H Series 4K HDR Android TV Models Launched in India : URL

The larger ones get Direct LED as against EDGE LED. The TVs now include Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision and X Balanced Speaker System.

TCL is launching its QLED TVs in India on June 18. Their 2020 TV range has the C71 & C81 4K QLED TVs with full support for Dolby Vision, HDR 10+, HDR & HLG. These run on Android 9.0 OS with an update to Android 10 later this year. The UK prices for the C71 series start from £499 or 47,400 Rupees for 50 inch & the C81 starts at £649 or 61,600 rupees for 55 inch.