Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2006, 17:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

BSNL Broadban @ 2Mbps

It is now for the private operators to match it or beat it

The Hindu Business Line : BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps
Old 17th December 2006, 19:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

I would take this with a bucketload of salt.
When Airtel etc., were offering 256kbps unlimited, BSNL was still hung up with download limits of 300-500MB on the plans, with around 2GB cap for same price as airtel.
Only when they started losing money with people switching wherever Airtel came they realized unlimited has potential.
Our apartment building had around 16 BSNL connections(BB). When airtel came in almost everybody switched. Now there are around 2 BSNL and 25 Airtel BB connections!
I think before BSNL rolls out this service, private sector will get to it first.
Old 17th December 2006, 21:39   #3
Team-BHP Support

2mbps is fine, but what is the volume limit? Also their business plans suck, they only give one static IP and that too for plans of 5k/month and above. That way Airtel gives any number of extra static IPs for a modest fee.
Old 17th December 2006, 21:52   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

but i think for home BB users pricing matters a lot......n in that only public sector players wins
Old 17th December 2006, 22:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

yes, i fear, attractive or not, bsnl's packages come a little too late. but there is no writing them off guys. remember how late they ventured into the cellular phone business & what rapis steps they have taken.
Old 17th December 2006, 23:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dayanidhi maran always keeps his word.
Its a very pro-active move!
Old 17th December 2006, 23:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Mr Dayanidhi Maran at India Telecom 2006, saying BSNL would be offering high-speed internet broadband at the same price.
I think volume limit will remain same. Though one cannot say anything about BSNL. Though i am even enjoying my 256K Home Plan. Last month download was ummm.... 28 GB+ ... So cant wait to get my hands on 2MBPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
2mbps is fine, but what is the volume limit?
Old 18th December 2006, 00:14   #8
BHPian

I'm using the BSNL Home 3300 plan @ 1Mbps with a 10GB download limit..

once you start using real high speed internet on a regular basis, you CANNOT shift down to a lower speed, I'm sharing this connection with my cousin and we've overshot our limit on a couple of occasions which resulted in nasty bills, but we still dont feel like downgrading to a 256kbps connection even though unlimited packages are available at a cheaper price, I just wish BSNL could introduce custom packages for heavy users, something which has a bundle of say 1mbps along with a static IP etc. their Business 9000 plan offers a 2mbps speed but has a 20GB download limit. I mean, c'mon someone whose shelling out a lotta money for good bandwidth would obviously expect a better plan as far as data volume goes!!!
Old 18th December 2006, 06:47   #9
BHPian

It is a welcome move from BSNL.
Old 18th December 2006, 09:17   #10
Team-BHP Support

What i am excited about is not that BSNL has these plans...

But now, the private operators will have to match it or beat it... Which means, we'll be getting better offers than what we have right now...
Old 18th December 2006, 09:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

I had taken BB right at the time of Launch . During those days I feel connection was really really fast reason being low number of users , but few months back when customers really started pulling in traffic congestion has creeped in and before you even open your mail box it would have conn/reconnected a million times . Thats the time you feel like going offline and thrashing my Black supra .......err I mean in NFS MW-Black edition , to be frank I bettered my LAp times , thanks to BSNL . Lately things have been getting better , but am sure I will never experience the speed I had experienced once . I was so excited I went around telling everyone how great my decision was ...me and my big mouth ! ----Finally the whole town switched over to BSNL BB !, now thats a bit of exxageration right ? Any way the point is I just hope they get their act together and rise up to the challenge of serving a larger customer base with the same level of perfomance and service they had initially offered - Jai Hind ! , no was that required here ? HmmmSome how BSNL evokes Patriotic feelings in me .
Old 7th January 2007, 20:53   #12
BHPian

I am planning to shift to Iqara from my existing Hathway broadband connection. Any idea how is their service. They are offering 2mbps @ 250/month for 1GB download.
Old 8th January 2007, 14:48   #13
BHPian

Bsnl does bring out high speed connection ... but sad with a limit.

But service in Hyd sucks big time. heard many complaints about bsnl.

Till today i have used 3net connections

1. Sify
2. Sai cable (speed sucks big time, 7 kbps d/l speed)
3. Beam Cable system ( service problem)
4. Airtel 256 kbps plan , unlimited d/l , payin 1098 p.m
Old 8th January 2007, 15:18   #14
BHPian

The new 500 plan is good with 2.5 gb d/l . But I'm not getting the advertised 2 mbps speed . the speed I'm getting is somewhere close to 500 mbps . But still with d/l free from 2 Am to 8Am , I think its a pretty good bargain .
Old 8th January 2007, 15:18   #15
BANNED

Bb

the BSNL line which i use for BroadBand has a lot of disturbance when i use the phone.

I think the disturbance is coz' i use internet and phone on the same line.
Does any of you face same problem? Does Airtel and other Service providers face the same problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks