Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2007, 08:45   #16
BHPian

I'd recommend the Logitech Harmony universal remote. they come in different models, go for the newer one (higher model number). quite easy to configure as you can connect it to your pc.
Old 16th February 2007, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hey, did you watch that movie named CLICK starring Adam Sandler???
If you haven't watch it now.

You'll be very happy with your life as it is of now!!! And will soon hate remote controls!!

Exactly right. I watched the movie last week..
Old 12th November 2008, 14:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Friends

I was looking for an Universal Remote. I find remotes for some 300 bucks which claim to control upto 4 gadgets (Universal Remote Control for all TV, DVD, VCR, VCD, AC, CD-Player gifts in india at rediff shopping.) ; all the way upto 25K which claim to control 12-14 gadgets Best universal remotes - Top universal remotes - CNET Reviews

All I want is a simple remote that can control THREE at most FOUR things - namely my TV, DVD, STB and maybe a PS3. Do you think the former will do the job??
Old 12th November 2008, 14:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Friends

I was looking for an Universal Remote. I find remotes for some 300 bucks which claim to control upto 4 gadgets (Universal Remote Control for all TV, DVD, VCR, VCD, AC, CD-Player gifts in india at rediff shopping.) ; all the way upto 25K which claim to control 12-14 gadgets Best universal remotes - Top universal remotes - CNET Reviews

All I want is a simple remote that can control THREE at most FOUR things - namely my TV, DVD, STB and maybe a PS3. Do you think the former will do the job??
Looks like a learning remote. In this case it doesn't matter what you control, so yes.

BTW have you read the features, lol. I would like to point out 2 of them
Quote:
Yes It Is Your Dream Come True Yes
2-3 models available.Any one can be sent. Warranty?seven days
Old 12th November 2008, 14:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

lol

Yes I saw the bit about the warranty. That pretty much sealed it for me.

However I find it silly to be paying 25k for a remote (its probably what the amp itself will cost me!!)

Its IR after all. Aren't there cheaper options? I am sure Airtel DTH guys will not be supplying one if it were to be that expensive!
Old 12th November 2008, 15:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
However if anyone of you can come up with a device that can control my wife.....
Its called Diamond, but you got to buy a new one everyday
Old 12th November 2008, 15:14   #22
BHPian

@kb100 : The IR remotes will not control the PS3 though.

You'd need to get yourself something like a logitech harmony, although the prices here are insane.
Old 12th November 2008, 18:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush View Post
@kb100 : The IR remotes will not control the PS3 though.

You'd need to get yourself something like a logitech harmony, although the prices here are insane.
I've a logitech harmony 525 remote which i got from AU for 80 $ = 3k inr.

I'm pretty happy with it and it can control all the devices simaltaneously. I'm controlling the following:

1. TV - Panny PV80
2. PVR - Mediagate
3. Tatasky
4. LG DVD player
5. 5.1 home theater

You can set various activities like watch TV etc. where the remote would perform all the steps like switching on the required devices, setting the tv on correct AV source etc. Also you can program it to change channels through tatasky but increase volume through HT without choosing individual devices every time.

The other harmony devices can take more devices but this was according to my needs and i'm enjoying it. Instead of 5 remotes lying down to choose from i've one device that controls all devices.
Old 12th November 2008, 18:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Perhaps we should all try to use the funny looking device inside our heads that god has given us.
when it still doesn't work you try...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
There's one & it's called a WIFE!!!
Oh BTW its only for your gadgets like you asked 'device to control all my gadgets'..

Last edited by johnda : 12th November 2008 at 18:50.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My wife has such a device. She calls it various names depending on her mood. You guys know the device as "Navin". However of late she has begun to ask my son instead.

However if anyone of you can come up with a device that can control my wife.....
Navin -- there's nothing that can control this device called WIFE -- i have 2 sons and i have a team of 3 against poor me everytime there is a discussion to watch TV or listen to Music --
Old 14th November 2008, 14:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys .. all of you all are quoting quips/posts that are almost two years old!!
Old 18th March 2009, 11:41   #27
BHPian

Any experience with Universal Remotes (T.V./VCR..)

I am planning to get a Universal Remote to use for my LCD TV, TataSky DTH and LG DVD Player. One make with a Sony label is sold among the Chinese goods sellers for Rs. 200. But as Sansui was not listed for T.V but only for DVD Players, I did not want to risk a purchase.

Does any one among us have an experience on this subject. Guidance on procuring a Remote is also welcome.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I am planning to get a Universal Remote to use for my LCD TV, TataSky DTH and LG DVD Player. One make with a Sony label is sold among the Chinese goods sellers for Rs. 200. But as Sansui was not listed for T.V but only for DVD Players, I did not want to risk a purchase.

Does any one among us have an experience on this subject. Guidance on procuring a Remote is also welcome.
Hey Buddy,

I was interested in buying these ... not anymore

First was philips ... worked all right for 2 months for both TV,DVD, but later the volume button just didnt work and then the other issues with changing channels

Then got one from Dubai (Forgot the Brand [10 appliances controller] ), that is fine except it uses too much power.

But all in all, all the features like PIP, AV etc.. which are on original are not working on any of these.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 18th March 2009 at 13:14.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:10   #29
BANNED

Re: A Device that can control all my gadgets / Universal Remote Control

Sorry to post on an old thread.
Just thought this will help someone in need.
Information is always there to stay.

Anyways I have been using this remote
Sony RM-VLZ620

After a lot of research I ended up with this remote costing INR 1300/-, got through a friend from US.

I don't think anyone should spend a penny more than 1.5K for a remote.
It does everything possible, controlling my 2 LCD TV's, TATASKY, Philips HTIB, YAMAHA AVR, Aircon, DVD player.

It can learn a new device on every button, just imagine the number of devices which can be controlled.
Attached Thumbnails
A Device that can control all my gadgets / Universal Remote Control-wn000549.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks