Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I have been tracking an pack at the India Post site:
http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/

You can track it on http://www.indiapost.gov.in
Old 26th January 2017, 17:20   #5192
J.Ravi

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I had ordered 2 kg of Surf Excel detergent powder with Cloudtail India P Ltd in amazon.in on 21 Jan 2017 along with some other products. While I received the other products in time, the detergent powder has not been shipped till today even after 5 days. Me and the seller are Prime members. I raised a ticket a couple of days back. Even then, no action from the seller. So, today, I contacted amazon.in and requested for cancellation of that order and refund. I was totally taken aback by the indifferent attitude of the seller. When, I posted a single star feedback in amazon against the seller, that too was rejected by amazon! I have decided not to extend my Prime membership in future.

The Online Shopping Thread-cloudtail.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2017 at 10:27. Reason: Small typo :)

Old 26th January 2017, 20:04   #5193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I had ordered 2 kg of Surf Excel detergent powder with Cloudtail India P Ltd in amazon.in on 21 Jan 2017 along with some other products.
I've learnt that grocery items and home supplies on Amazon take their own sweet time and there is no delivery guarantee usually. For me recently, patanjali ghee took 34 days and I actually wasn't aware that it had not been delivered from the Dec 1st purchase that I had made. It reached me in the first week of Jan...
Old 27th January 2017, 13:50   #5194
Senior - BHPian

I ordered for a book from Amazon to my office address. They attempted delivery on Jan 25 but I could not collect it. Their messages and updates say that they tried delivery again on 26th - but I don't think they came to my office on Republic day , we didn't get a call either. Today we spoke to the delivery guy who called us on 25th but he's not too keen or clear as to whether he will deliver again.

Now the status says - Contact Amazon for the next steps . I also read that they will return the shipment after 2 unsuccessful attempts.

Anyone faced this ? Should I wait for them to deliver again or simply cancel the order . It's just a Rs 170 book , Amazon fulfilled. Not impressed that they tried to deliver only once.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-amazon.jpg  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 27th January 2017 at 14:03.
Old 27th January 2017, 13:57   #5195
Senior - BHPian

My last three orders with Amazon have given me a early morning SHOCK literally. The courier is at the security gate by 6am on a Sunday morning, and this happened all three times. The first time I thought it was a mistake and took the delivery, the second time I thought I will tell him about this early morning delivery and by the third time, I was in no mood to get into a discussion in half sleep and my pyjamas. I just told the security guy to collect it and I will pick it up late. What is with this early morning deliveries man? Are there no work timings for the delivery guys? In my case, this guy was a older gentlemen, probably in his 50's.
Old 27th January 2017, 14:11   #5196
BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered 2 kg of Surf Excel detergent powder with Cloudtail India P Ltd in amazon.in on 21 Jan 2017 along with some other products. While I received the other products in time, the detergent powder has not been shipped till today even after 5 days. Me and the seller are Prime members. I raised a ticket a coupla days back. Even then, no action from the seller.

Attachment 1599892
Ravi Sir, I too had ordered 2Kg of Surf excel detergent from Cloudtail during their sale period on 20th and got the product delivered today. There was other two products also, which will be delivered today. Cloudtail India is a JV of Amazon and Infosys co founder Mr. Narayana Murthy's catamaran management. So Cloudtail is Amazon itself and is the biggest seller in Amazon. As you rightly said there is a delay, may be due to the volume generated during the sale period. Once it starts moving, it will be delivered soon. In my case, this was dispatched on 25th.
Old 27th January 2017, 14:23   #5197
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
As you rightly said there is a delay, may be due to the volume generated during the sale period.
When I checked my account a few minutes ago, it was showing the same status 'preparing for dispatch'. Again, I called amazon. Thankfully, this time the lady staffer on that side was very helpful and I got that order cancelled successfully and refund is on the way! In spite of my clearly telling them that I won't be available in that address after 30 Jan 2017, amazon didn't cancel that order even after my two requests. First time, I had a bad experience from cloudtail/amazon.

The Online Shopping Thread-amazon.jpg

Old 28th January 2017, 09:46   #5198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My last three orders with Amazon have given me a early morning SHOCK literally. The courier is at the security gate by 6am on a Sunday morning, and this happened all three times. The first time I thought it was a mistake and took the delivery, the second time I thought I will tell him about this early morning delivery and by the third time, I was in no mood to get into a discussion in half sleep and my pyjamas. I just told the security guy to collect it and I will pick it up late. What is with this early morning deliveries man? Are there no work timings for the delivery guys? In my case, this guy was a older gentlemen, probably in his 50's.
Yesterday I got a call at 10:30pm from amazon agent asking if he can deliver the product in 10 mins. I asked him to hand it over to security.
Not sure whats going on at Amazon. Whether it is their inefficiency or too much efficiency.
Old 28th January 2017, 09:53   #5199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I received the other products in time, the detergent powder has not been shipped till today even after 5 days.
Your screenshot says the delivery date is 2/2. Was that the date when you placed the order different?

Quote:
The courier is at the security gate by 6am on a Sunday morning, and this happened all three times.
In addition, they deliver on Sundays and holidays too. I think they have their delivery staff working in shifts, which is totally fine.
Old 28th January 2017, 12:16   #5200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I experienced this today; 630AM delivery with out for delivery msg coming at 330AM!!

Looks like some changes happening in Amazon's last mile delivery partners
1. Now the delivery team is wearing yellow uniform
2. I see the delivery team making the order as delivered as soon as they clear the security gate in our society. Thats nearly 30 minutes early delivery in a large society where multiple deliveries are to be made.
3. Some of my orders were made as delivered at 7 AM in the morning itself and actually delivered in the evening !. One order was even left at door step. Reported to Amazon and no update from them
4. A low value item was lost in transit. Courier people transferred that money to my paytm account and made the item was delivered.

Last edited by arjithin : 28th January 2017 at 12:46.
Old 28th January 2017, 12:25   #5201
BHPian

I had a poor package experience with Amazon yesterday. I had purchased a Yonex badminton racquet worth 1700 and it was delivered in plastic wrap over the yonex shoulder bag. The wrap was pushed to the side and the zipper on the bag was open as someone had tried to see what was inside. The racquet was not coming out though through that opening. I had purchased two racquets about a week back from snapdeal and those came very nicely in a box to prevent damage. These graphite racquets are quite breakable and I was very irritated at the poor packaging of a product prone to breakage without any protection. To top it off I had ordered two half kg packs of pancake flour which was worth 278rs and it came in a cardboard box with air filled poly cushions. Go figure!! All of these were cloudtail fulfilled.The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485586500.657739.jpgThe Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485586540.002780.jpg
Old 28th January 2017, 15:30   #5202
Senior - BHPian

I think Amazon is experimenting with off-peak hour deliveries to improve their order fulfilment rate. This makes perfect sense. In parts of India, even covering 2km at peak hours even in residential areas can take 20-30 minutes, which really drags delivery staff efficiency down. On the other hand, if you could shave 10-15 min per delivery in the morning, why not?

Quote:
My last three orders with Amazon have given me a early morning SHOCK literally. The courier is at the security gate by 6am on a Sunday morning, and this happened all three times. What is with this early morning deliveries man? Are there no work timings for the delivery guys?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Yesterday I got a call at 10:30pm from amazon agent asking if he can deliver the product in 10 mins. I asked him to hand it over to security.
Not sure whats going on at Amazon. Whether it is their inefficiency or too much efficiency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I experienced this today; 630AM delivery with out for delivery msg coming at 330AM!!
Old 28th January 2017, 15:54   #5203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I think Amazon is experimenting with off-peak hour deliveries to improve their order fulfilment rate. This makes perfect sense. In parts of India, even covering 2km at peak hours even in residential areas can take 20-30 minutes, which really drags delivery staff efficiency down. On the other hand, if you could shave 10-15 min per delivery in the morning, why not?
But sir not everyone is an early morning person and neither does everyone have the option of a Security guard at the apartment gate to collect the parcel. In my case, most of my orders are COD and hence I need to physically collect the item myself. I think if they are attempting to do this ( which makes sense if the customer is willing too) then they should introduce an option for the same while placing the order. It can be a simple option like " Are you willing for an early morning delivery?". If they come to deliver something at 6 AM at my place, I would cancel the order and send the courier guy back.
Old 28th January 2017, 16:19   #5204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But sir not everyone is an early morning person and neither does everyone have the option of a Security guard at the apartment gate to collect the parcel.
On the other hand, I reckon the number of returns due to "nobody at home" during normal working hours (say 10 to 5) is also substantial. Maybe they'll eventually end up doing the grocery folks are doing - ask for preferred delivery slot upfront. I also read that they are negotiating with a locker startup.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...le17074755.ece
Old 28th January 2017, 16:25   #5205
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Your screenshot says the delivery date is 2/2. Was that the date when you placed the order different?
I ordered groceries, soaps and detergent powder on 21/01/2017 from cloudtail. Being a Prime member, I got all the items - except the detergent powder - delivered within two days. While ordering, the delivery date mentioned was 25/01/2017. Later, it was changed to "From 25/01/2017 to 02/02/2017" with the status "preparing for dispatch", when all other items were delivered. At that time, I contacted the amazon customer care and enquired about the actual status. I was assured that item was on its way! The next day, I found the delivery date again changed to 02/02/2017 with the same status. Then, I asked for cancellation and refund as I would not be available in that address after 30/01/2017. I was repeatedly assured that the item would be delivered well within that day and I need not worry. I was also told that tracking details would be provided shortly, which did not happen. When I contacted amazon the third time and requested for cancellation and refund, I was successful in getting it done. I was really fed up for contacting them thrice and spending my time and energy for an item costing just ₹ 311. The amount is yet to be credited to my bank account as I used my RuPay debit card issued by SBI.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th January 2017 at 16:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks