Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2018, 07:59   #5866
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
What was Amazon's action ? Did they publish the review at all ?
Yes they did, I received an email 3 hours ago.

I reviewed this on Saturday and I did not get any mail or response for the same. So yesterday I thought maybe the review has not gone through and tried to do it a second time but this product is no longer there in my review list.

Some products have Ask a question section, this one does not have that.
Old 1st May 2018, 20:48   #5867
BANNED

Hi Guys. This has happened twice dealing with Amazon.

I order 2 products (from Different sellers). Pay Rs100 for next day delivery. I receive an sms stating that the products will be delivered on the next day before 9pm.

On the next day, I receive one product before 7pm.

But for the 2nd product, at around 8pm, I get an sms stating the delivery agent could not contact me. So the product will be delivered the next day.

My doubt is -
1. How can the delivery agent simply put the blame on me and get away with it?

2. How do I as a customer prove that I was at home?

3. In the 1st instance they messaged - "Not available at home"

In the 2nd instance the message read - "couldn't contact you on phone."

Why do they need to contact on Phone when the delivery address is mentioned?

I wrote an email to customer care, But got a standard reply that "I will make sure that the product will be delivered the next day".

I have recently started ordering online and experience isn't encouraging.
Old 2nd May 2018, 09:55   #5868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I order 2 products (from Different sellers). Pay Rs100 for next day delivery. I receive an sms stating that the products will be delivered on the next day before 9pm.

On the next day, I receive one product before 7pm.

But for the 2nd product, at around 8pm, I get an sms stating the delivery agent could not contact me. So the product will be delivered the next day.

I wrote an email to customer care, But got a standard reply that "I will make sure that the product will be delivered the next day".

I have recently started ordering online and experience isn't encouraging.
With Amazon delivery anything can happen. They work even on public holidays and employ awkward looking people (the chap who delivered one package was wearing a brief or a nightwear at 10 am). Sometimes they just place the package at your doorstep and send a text message saying that it was delivered to you in person.

If we complain, the list will be endless and usually we get a canned reply.
Old 2nd May 2018, 17:44   #5869
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometimes they surprise!

My last Amazon order, placed 1630hrs Saturday, couriered from Mumbai, arrived about 1800 hours next-day Sunday! Whilst the delivery was "guaranteed 29 April" I was astonished that it made it.
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:35   #5870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sometimes they surprise!
I got quite a shock recently. Ordered scotch Brite kitchen wipes at 11:42pm on Apr 9th. The items were delivered before 9am the next morning. Less that 10 hrs.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1525341912752.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2018, 15:56   #5871
BHPian

Can anyone please suggest a good online website in India to buy high quality personalised gifts? Thank you.
Old 3rd May 2018, 16:40   #5872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Can anyone please suggest a good online website in India to buy high quality personalised gifts? Thank you.
I did use the service of Printland for personalized OTG USB drive with photo. It was ok. They do have branded items like pens from Cross/Sheaffer etc.

Note:
I'm in no way connected with them, just used their service once and was happy with it.
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:01   #5873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Hi Guys. This has happened twice dealing with Amazon......
Here is another cheap trick that sellers do on Amazon.
Today is 3rd May , the Order status shows "Shipped" But arriving 15th - 23rd May.. Why should it take so long from DEL to BLR if it is indeed shipped ?

Name:  Amazon.png
Views: 829
Size:  33.8 KB
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:04   #5874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Today is 3rd May , the Order status shows "Shipped" But arriving 15th - 23rd May.. Why should it take so long from DEL to BLR if it is indeed shipped ?
One reason I can think of is that the shipping method is via shared space in a truck. It will move only when such shared space becomes available. :-)

Agarwal etc. trucks take up this sort of cargo, I think.
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:46   #5875
BHPian

I ordered some stuff on Aliexpress, both the items are not updated for almost a month now. Facing such issue for the first time. Both the items were purchased in sale.

The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:40   #5876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
I ordered some stuff on Aliexpress, both the items are not updated for almost a month now. Facing such issue for the first time. Both the items were purchased in sale.

Attachment 1757764
I am also facing the same issue. In your case, at least it shows that shipment departed from China, but in my case, the status is 'Shipment accepted by Airline' from 4th April, for 3 separate orders

--Anoop
Old 4th May 2018, 00:13   #5877
BHPian

In my case, shipment accepted by airline is from 25th February .. Had to cancel the order and ask for a refund. Lately, they have been very unprofessional
Old 4th May 2018, 03:13   #5878
Distinguished - BHPian

Do bear in mind that neither Aliexpress or the seller know that something is wrong until we tell them.

In the case of my missing tripod QR clamp, also lost not far into its tracking, the seller has ended up sending me two!

The only order, so far, that I simply cancelled, was one where the seller asked twice for additional time before even despatching. Second time was too much: soon got it from another seller.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 4th May 2018 at 03:15.
Old 4th May 2018, 07:04   #5879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
One reason I can think of is that the shipping method is via shared space in a truck. It will move only when such shared space becomes available. :-)

Agarwal etc. trucks take up this sort of cargo, I think.
That would make sense for larger objects. The product I ordered is a few grams in weight. Regular couriers dispatch these immediately as they have daily dispatch modes.

I feel the Seller does not have it in stock and will procure it himself only after he gets an order hence the huge time gap.

Moreover in these cases if you click the Track Order you will get either of the 2
- No information available against the tracking # or some crap message like Order details shared with the courier
- Airway Bill prepared. ( I think they just scan the Tracking label to be used against the product and it is at the source itself )

The Tracking will show the same status for the next 7 -10 days , until the product is actually shipped.

Last edited by Fillmore : 4th May 2018 at 07:08.
Old 4th May 2018, 09:00   #5880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post

Attachment 1757764
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I am also facing the same issue. In your case, at least it shows that shipment departed from China, but in my case, the status is 'Shipment accepted by Airline' from 4th April, for 3 separate orders

--Anoop
When shopping with AliExpress, it would be safer to give it 30-60 days as long as your purchase protection is active. I had bought 10 items during the sale on 31st March and 4 of them have been delivered. One item came within 10 days and I was shocked. I usually don't fret until 4-5 days before purchase protection ends and then request the seller to extend it. In rare cases where they don't agree, threaten a dispute or a bad review. That's the last thing they want.

If the item has been dispatched, it will be delivered within 60 days. Don't expect tracking to be updated regularly, especially once it reaches Indian customs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks