Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2018, 11:40   #5911
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
My latest Aliexpress order was delivered on time this weekend (saturday) by IndiaPost.
There was a strike for a couple of days, and they are additionally stuck for a majority of postal banking activities due to software upgrade.
Unfortunately I stay in a rural area and I understand the impact is severe on the rural post offices. Loads of articles are stuck in my area.
Old 4th June 2018, 13:04   #5912
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Got a consignment of herbs/supplements from iHerb, USA, a few days ago.
=====
Two years ago, dealing with a DHL delivery from the same USA supplier was a bit of a nightmare. This time it was... almost a pleasure!
50% duty on supplements! I'm glad I read your message as I was contemplating buying from one of these sites. That kind of duty must be nullifying any price difference between buying from India vs abroad right?

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th June 2018 at 13:06. Reason: Trimming large quote. Thanks.
Old 4th June 2018, 13:41   #5913
Distinguished - BHPian

Headlight bulb sale on Aliexpress:

https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/Jun...4-8109208f7bc6
Old 4th June 2018, 15:14   #5914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
50% duty on supplements! I'm glad I read your message as I was contemplating buying from one of these sites. That kind of duty must be nullifying any price difference between buying from India vs abroad right?
I would not buy anything like this from overseas if the same thing is available in India!
Old 8th June 2018, 08:07   #5915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any update on this? My AliExpress stuff is stuck!!
Delivery in our area looks normal, though the board @ local post office still says that there is an indefinite strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
SpeedPAK is a tie up between Ebay and a logistics company. For countries like India, they forward it to a local company which will handle the logistics and delivery.
Item ordered on 31-May. Shipped from Shenzen. They have handed it over to Fedex ! And item is in Bangalore now. This is pretty fast. While the item + packing is light - about 125 gm, the shipping cost was also about Rs 50/-. I liked the speed, so far... and expecting it to reach me in a couple of days now - about 10-12 days from order time. Will try more of eBay SG
Old 12th June 2018, 20:25   #5916
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked again with our mail-person. She said the strike has been now called off. Participation was mixed ( not complete). The ones who had been working had kept deliveries going, she said.
Old 14th June 2018, 14:59   #5917
Senior - BHPian

Couple of recent online experiences.

1. After the son upgraded himself to a PS4, his old Wii was lying around unused at home. Finally one day as part of summer cleaning collected the unit and all accessories/games, took a few photos, created accounts on both Quikr and Olx and put it up for sale.

On Quikr I got a few offers quickly enough (within a day or so), negotiated, fixed a price, they arranged for pickup and escrow, delivered to the buyer in Nasik in 2-3 days and I got paid the day after. Whole process took about a week I'd say.

On Olx the ad is still "under moderation". Nearly a month now. :-)

2. Got an offer from Cleartrip that "here is a cashback for completing 5 bookings" which I used for an overnight stay in Chennai. The site didn't accept the code. Called up customer care. They asked me to pay full rate and inform them the trip ID; they'll take care. Did so. Nothing since then. They used to be quite good but now each interaction with them is like a visit to the dentist's.
Old 19th June 2018, 14:56   #5918
BHPian

I ordered an item on aliexpress and it currently stuck at customs. This is being send through Singapore and India post. I wrote to the seller asking what needs to be done to get it released. Can someone here share some info on what needs to be done?
Old 19th June 2018, 15:00   #5919
Senior - BHPian

I purchased this simple dent remover from Aliexpress. It is really nice and removes small dents from sheet metal of the car where there are no ribs. Just wanted to show to my Team bhp friends so that they can benefit from this
Old 19th June 2018, 15:03   #5920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I ordered an item on aliexpress and it currently stuck at customs. This is being send through Singapore and India post. I wrote to the seller asking what needs to be done to get it released. Can someone here share some info on what needs to be done?

What is the status/consignment number and how long is it since it was shipped?
Old 19th June 2018, 18:46   #5921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What is the status/consignment number and how long is it since it was shipped?
The status is held by customs. It was shipped early June.
Old 19th June 2018, 19:05   #5922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Just wanted to show to my Team bhp friends so that they can benefit from this
How about some snaps showing the dent pulled using the product you purchased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
The status is held by customs. It was shipped early June.
You will get the shipment delivered by the local postman shortly and he'll charge you the customs duties in case they have levied any duties on the shipment. They may not give you a prior intimation unlike how private shipping companies like DHL or FedEx do.
Old 19th June 2018, 19:38   #5923
Team-BHP Support

I came across this suspiciously low priced software license on Snapdeal.

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/mic...osoft%20office

How is this possible? It has a MRP of ₹35K, but sold for ₹999 at Snapdeal.
Old 19th June 2018, 22:13   #5924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I came across this suspiciously low priced software license on Snapdeal.

How is this possible?
It is activation key only (scroll a bit and you'll see "In the Box: ACTIVATION KEY PRINTED ON A PAPER & GST BILL"). So it is either:

* An OEM key which Microsoft sells with the condition that it is not to be sold in retail but to be included with a new PC purchase (the new PC must have a hologrammed sticker with the key). I'm not sure if they do this for Office but I recall Dell did sell OEM-installed Office on their products based on customer request.

* A volume license key which large corporates buy from Microsoft (called "paper license" in Indian lingo). These are often stolen/leaked and then sold in black market. Some sellers then package it nicely to make it acceptable.

You will not get installation media (DVD) if you buy this, most probably. Even if you do get, it would be a copy and not the original, Microsoft-branded DVD.
Old 20th June 2018, 08:23   #5925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

You will get the shipment delivered by the local postman shortly and he'll charge you the customs duties in case they have levied any duties on the shipment. They may not give you a prior intimation unlike how private shipping companies like DHL or FedEx do.
Thank you. The seller replied he will check tomorrow.

Most Viewed