Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 16:15   #6061
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Hi. Am posting here of an ongoing sour experience from Amazon India. Have ordered lots of stuff in the past at my home address and my previous office address. First less than pleasant experience. Listing the facts. Would appreciate some views and advice on what to do.

---SNIP---

I am at my wit's end. Feel like I am talking to wall to robots who only say 'I can understand, please don't worry.' After 10 days, now I am really irritated and frustrated. It's beyond me now. Please advise.
Thank you everyone for your inputs. My saga with Amazon has finally come to an end. Had a pathetic experience. Got a refund earlier today. Quick summary.
  • 29th July - Ordered Sennheiser headphones worth 15k. Prime delivery is 2-3 days at my location (Near Sonepat)
  • 1st August - Delivery status updated to delivered (to me) but I did not receive it. Package was delivered at a university 10 kms away. Lodged a complaint. Investigation initiated. Timeline given was 7th August to receive the package or initiate a refund.
  • 8th August - Yelled at them and got on the phone with someone more competent. Was promised the package/ a replacement or a refund/ in 5 working days.
  • 12th August - Received orignal package. Inititated return since I had already ordered a repacement during the sale.
  • 16th August - Package picked up
  • 22nd August - Transaction reversed to my credit card.

I do not have the time or energy to Amazon about this experience. I was really sour because I stopped receiving sms or emails about the status of the delivery/return. Nobody called me throughout the period. Had to spend almost 30 mins on the phone with them every other day, My app still shows that the item was delivered to me on August 1st. Since I received the product much later, I could not initiate a refund from the app as the 15 days of return were up.
Apparently the mishap happened during dispatch. The delivery agent has been the most helpful so far. Gave me his personal number. Did not receive any amazon credits or acknowledgement of the issue. I tend to believe partly the issue lies because of my location. Apparently the deliveries and returns are outsourced to a third party in my area.

Lesson is to stick to card on delivery/cash on delivery in some PIN codes. Very glad the ordeal is over.

Best,
Promit
Old 22nd August 2018, 22:26   #6062
Distinguished - BHPian

has anyone seen the Tracking status message that import clearance has failed ?

This is the message on Aliexpress site, though India post tracking only says it is in transit to BLR Sub-Foreign PO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You will have to register your bank account with paypal and also provide some additional documents ... The bank account registration is through a complex process. First you provide your account details. .. You need to enter the amount they paid you in Paypal portal to successfully verify the linking to bank account.
Not sure if the process has been simplified. The process did not ask for PAN. Also, like the other page said - this is auto-withdrawal to bank account.

Last edited by condor : 22nd August 2018 at 22:31.
Old 23rd August 2018, 08:03   #6063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

This is the message on Aliexpress site, though India post tracking only says it is in transit to BLR Sub-Foreign PO.

Not sure if the process has been simplified. The process did not ask for PAN. Also, like the other page said - this is auto-withdrawal to bank account.
If you were able to withdraw money to your bank account without registration, then it is a surprise for me. You cant do so without verification. During the registration process, these details are not asked for. Later, when you go to your profile there is an option to pair your bank account.
Also, status shown on Aliexpress is not always accurate. Best is to use India post website or 17Track.
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:33   #6064
BHPian

Quote:
I did see it and was asked to pay up import duty during delivery to the postman.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:07   #6065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I did see it and was asked to pay up import duty during delivery to the postman.
What was the value of the package ?
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:10   #6066
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen "Held by customs due to unknown reason". But eventually the item would show up at my doorstep and I was not charged any customs duty.

But since a few days I am not able to pay on aliexpress. It is asking me to upload credit card pic, my identity proof, credit card statement. I tried different cards but same error. I have written to them but have not got response.
Why would i share such details for $5-10 purchase?
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:20   #6067
BHPian

My experience with Paytm recently. Ordered through PayTM MOTO G6. Amazon price was 15999(MRP 17999) and an additional 10% discount available with sbi credit card. In Paytm MRP 16349, Paytm cash back Rs.2452, ICICI credit card cashback 10% max Rs.1250, effective price Rs. 12647(16349-2452-1250). The seller was Tiger Retail.
Placed the order on 15AUG, 5 pm. Received the phone in good condition at 5 pm on 17th August. Cash back to paytm account received at 12 pm on 16th August and cash back to icici credit card expected before 11th November.

Overall experience was good. I had ordered Iphone 5S and a Waterman INK bottle earlier and had similar experience with paytm.
Old 24th August 2018, 08:49   #6068
BHPian

Quote:
What was the value of the package ?
About 30 USD. Had to pay about 900 as duty for an item of value around 1800. Still worked out to be cheaper than price on Amazon which was about 3k.
Old 24th August 2018, 21:08   #6069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you were able to withdraw money to your bank account without registration, then it is a surprise for me. You cant do so without verification. During the registration process, these details are not asked for. Later, when you go to your profile there is an option to pair your bank account.
Looks like the transfer didnt happen even though I added my bank details. I had provided an alternate id outside IN, and the seller did transfer. However, not sure where, but there was a 2$ deduction somewhere in the transfer.
Old 24th August 2018, 21:16   #6070
BHPian

Guys, has anyone been able to make use of Debit Card EMI from either Flipkart or Amazon?
I have sufficient balance in my ICICI account, still the payment keeps on getting declined, when I try to use Debit Card EMI option?
Any help?
Old 29th August 2018, 00:25   #6071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have seen "Held by customs due to unknown reason". But eventually the item would show up at my doorstep and I was not charged any customs duty.

But since a few days I am not able to pay on aliexpress. It is asking me to upload credit card pic, my identity proof, credit card statement. I tried different cards but same error. I have written to them but have not got response.
Why would i share such details for $5-10 purchase?
I got this verification issue too whren I tried using my new credit cards but no such issue with my credit card which was used earlier successfully on the Aliexpress site. So try using a card that was accepted recently and see. If it works.
Old 31st August 2018, 14:45   #6072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
has anyone seen the Tracking status message that import clearance has failed?

My 30$ consignment is stuck @ Chennai with the message 'Held By Customs'. This is on the Aliexpress order tracking. The 17Track and India Post says -
'Transfer from office of exchange (Inb), Air, BANGALORE SUB FGN POST'

Let's see how it goes
Old 31st August 2018, 16:13   #6073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
My 30$ consignment is stuck @ Chennai with the message 'Held By Customs'. This is on the Aliexpress order tracking. The 17Track and India Post says -
'Transfer from office of exchange (Inb), Air, BANGALORE SUB FGN POST'
Should come thru, mostly without additional charges. Waiting customs clearance.
Old 3rd September 2018, 07:59   #6074
BHPian

Ali Express:Maximum upto what value of items custom and other charges are not levied? Have ordered items below $10 so far and Customs charges were not levied/collected.
Old 3rd September 2018, 09:40   #6075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Ali Express:Maximum upto what value of items custom and other charges are not levied? Have ordered items below $10 so far and Customs charges were not levied/collected.
I have got two OBD diagnostic tools for my friend's garage valued at 13k and 16k respectively, through SG post and not a paisa of customs duty was paid. It depends upon your luck, or rather the mood of the customs officials. These two were sent without any gift marking but were declared at a value of 30$.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks