Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 11:26   #6091
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I have ordered Aukey 24W USB car Charger from Aliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUKE...815867536.html
It has been despatched via Singapore Post on 17/09/2018 and has reached India.
Package is in Chennai FPO since 19th. Following are the Speed Post tracking details :
How much more time it may take to reach Mysore?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screen1.png  

Last edited by virgopal : 25th September 2018 at 11:27. Reason: added
Old 25th September 2018, 11:45   #6092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
How much more time it may take to reach Mysore?
Usually it takes 30-55 days to reach Bangalore from the date it shows as Item shipped. I believe the same time approximately to Mysore as well
Old 25th September 2018, 11:52   #6093
BHPian

In that case, I can expect the delivery here at Mysore by October second week only. As it is a low value item, I hope customs may not be recovered by Post Office.
Thanks gkveda for your inputs.
Old 25th September 2018, 11:55   #6094
BHPian

I have a rather strange query.

My friend is trying to buy an automobile accessory(used) from ebay Australia, but the item would not be shipped to India. So he is trying to ship it to a friend in Australia and he will send it to India by Australian post.

Now, I am curious to know about how the customs would treat this item. The item is quite a bit expensive (around 1L), so would it be treated as a new item and taxed fully? Or can it be sent as a "gift" or something like that? Or the worst, does any anti-dumping rules apply since it is a used item?
Old 26th September 2018, 06:57   #6095
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

My 1 year old Viofo A119 V2 has stopped working for the past few days.

So, I messaged the AliExpress seller regarding this issue and he has asked me to ship the dashcam to him to look into the issue.

So, my question to you guys is that, is it safe to ship the product to the seller? What would be the shipping charges from Chennai to China?

Please help.
Old 26th September 2018, 07:07   #6096
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
My friend is trying to buy an automobile accessory(used) from ebay Australia,
Now, I am curious to know about how the customs would treat this item. The item is quite a bit expensive (around 1L), so would it be treated as a new item and taxed fully? Or can it be sent as a "gift" or something like that? Or the worst, does any anti-dumping rules apply since it is a used item?
It cannot be shipped as Gift, best will be to use the same value as paid to the seller and even keep the record of that order and payment, customs may demand at the time of clearing given the high value. I will suggest you use DHL or some other agent if the value is high so that you can have easier clearing. If the weight is more then pickup via a forwarder may be cheaper and faster as well.
Old 26th September 2018, 11:42   #6097
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a Guudgo wifi camera from Banggood during their recent anniversary sale. It cost close to INR 1780, I used the India direct shipping option. The product was at my doorstep within 12-13 days of ordering. Good experience with Banggood. They have this India direct shipping option which is a drop shipping through Gati. You get the final price in INR and pay only that. No customs duty and the shipping is pretty quick.

Last edited by hrman : 26th September 2018 at 11:52.
Old 27th September 2018, 13:22   #6098
BHPian

Received the Aukey Car Charger from Aliexpress after 10 days from dispatch date. SpeedPost delivered it. No custom charges were collected as it costed $11( incl shipping via SG post).
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1538034683331.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-1538034709601.jpg  

Old 27th September 2018, 14:40   #6099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal
Received the Aukey Car Charger from Aliexpress after 10 days from dispatch date. SpeedPost delivered it. No custom charges were collected as it costed $11( incl shipping via SG post).
I am in love with this brand since I brought my multi-port car charger. Since then I have brought magnetic AC vent mobile holder and power bank from Aukey. I can vouch for their quality.
One question, any idea why you did not consider buying multi-port car charger? I remember paying around 14$ for my 4-port car charger. So, I was just wondering even you could have gone for multi-port one?
Old 27th September 2018, 14:44   #6100
BHPian

Off-Topic :

Mi is launching various lifestyle products such as TVs, Security Cameras etc during the upcoming sale period :

Thread Link

Product - Platform - Price
Mi LED TV 4 Pro (55) mi.com, Flipkart 49999
Mi LED TV 4A Pro (49) mi.com, Amazon.in 29999
Mi LED TV 4C Pro (32) mi.com, Amazon.in 14999
Mi Band 3 mi.com, Amazon.in 1999
Mi Air Purifier 2S mi.com, Amazon.in, Flipkart 8999
Mi Luggage 20 mi.com, Amazon.in, Flipkart 2999
Mi Luggage 24 mi.com, Amazon.in, Flipkart 4299
Mi Home Security Camera 360 mi.com, Amazon.in, Flipkart 2699

Mods, please delete this if it feels like a promotional post. Not my intention. It's just that I found the news on the community forums, and not the actual sale site.

Last edited by sharktale : 27th September 2018 at 14:49.
Old 27th September 2018, 14:57   #6101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
One question, any idea why you did not consider buying multi-port car charger? I remember paying around 14$ for my 4-port car charger. So, I was just wondering even you could have gone for multi-port one?
I too have bought Aukey products on Amazon.in. Bought Qualcomm quick charger for charging Mi Power Bank, USB cables. Definitely build quality and reliabilty of their products is way better than other local brands.
Yes, I should have gone for dual port charger(I have one Android phone and iPad).

Last edited by virgopal : 27th September 2018 at 15:00. Reason: Shortened quote portion
Old 27th September 2018, 20:37   #6102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I am in love with [Aukey] since I brought my multi-port car charger. Since then I have brought magnetic AC vent mobile holder and power bank from Aukey. I can vouch for their quality.
Ditto - I use Aukey's chargers & cables at home and in my car. I like the fact that they also offer models with QuickCharge 2.0 and 3.0 ports (orange), and their default green ports themselves put out 10W. They also come out being a tad cheaper than Anker (another stellar brand) while offering what appears to be the same quality and reliability.

I have found their build quality to be bulletproof, but I was surprised when I gifted one of these to a friend, she broke its AC pins within hours That hasn't stopped me from giving these to my parents as well, and they are happily using it.

Thanks for the feedback about the power bank, I'll keep them in mind when my current set of Samsung/Anker banks die.
Old 27th September 2018, 23:01   #6103
Distinguished - BHPian

Add me to the Aukey Fanboy list!

One charger in the car, two chargers in the house, and quite a heap of USB cables. Oh, and my wife's power bank
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:40   #6104
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart customer service is a joke!

Experiencing second time in a row.

Ordered a TV from them last month. On the day of delivery, they gave me the phone number of the agent delivering the same. I tried calling him 50 times at least and they would just disconnect the call citing incorrect PIN, while the pin I was punching was correct. Then tried reaching FK customer care on phone (which said response time = 1 minute); which I don't think actually exists. I called their number numerous times but everytime I got a record playing that all representatives are 'busy' on another call. Ok fine, I get that but I can hold the line and wait for my turn but no, they will just disconnect your call after that. I don't think that one can really reach or speak to a flipkart customer care representative actually.

Finally the TV was delivered. I earned 10 flipkart coins from that purchase, as stated by flipkart themselves. That is some form of benefit I believe. That were to be credited to my FK account at the end of return period of the product I purchased. Fair enough. Now, it is more than 10 days after the return period was over and no, I did not return the TV. Those coins were never credited to my account.

I mailed them 3 times (since you cannot reach them on phone ever). They assured me stating fixed timelines to sort my issue 3 times. And then sent sorry message and asked for more time to 'resolve' my issue. Even those mails and messages were contradictory in themselves. Some said that my issue will be resolved in 24 hrs, some said 3 business days.

Today 11 AM marked the end of the last extension they sought. That passed by without any resolution or mail or even a sorry message this time.

Finally I mailed them not to bother with any coins. Thank you for delivering the TV at least.

I hope I do not have to contact them again, that means no future purchases from Flipkart.

Last edited by saket77 : 3rd October 2018 at 15:44.
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:19   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Then tried reaching FK customer care on phone
Be wary of calling FK customer service unless you would like to join a certain political party

https://www.businesstoday.in/current...ry/279578.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks