Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 12:05   #6226

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is anyone here facing issues transacting on ebay.com?
=========
Massive issues and its really annoying! Their website and app is so broken and pathetic compared to the likes of Amazon etc.
I have the same issue. Paypal does not work and neither does credit card. I have shifted to aliexpress for now. Although some items are slightly more expensive on aliexpress.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:44   #6227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosfet View Post
I have the same issue. Paypal does not work and neither does credit card. I have shifted to aliexpress for now. Although some items are slightly more expensive on aliexpress.
I fixed it. With zero intervention from ebay or Paypal.

Go to Paypal, log in with your account.
Go to the resolution center, or click the notifications panel.
Complete your pending resolutions, or follow the notification to add whatever details are pending (PAN card/bank account etc).
Log back into ebay.
Sorted!

There are many OEM items which will never be available on Aliexpress. Hence I needed to be back on ebay.
Old 10th December 2018, 22:01   #6228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Purchased a Yoga tablet a week ago and it was delivered in 4 working days.
Which courier did it come through?

I received and SMS from BPLENOVO saying the item has been dispatched through FDC and currently they do not have online tracking system. Tracking number was also not given. So i emailed them and they gave me a tracking number.

Further search on google for FDC took me to Flight Despatch Courier and Cargo Pvt Ltd. Put the tracking number there and the last status update is on 7/12/2018 and status given is SHIPMENT BOOKED BY FDC (MUMBAI).

I looked for their network and zonal offices given in their website and Kerala is not listed there. So no local office in the state according to their website.

I expected them to use one of the tier 1 courier companies with proper tracking and delivery mechanism for items bought on their website.

I wonder how this would pan out.
Old 11th December 2018, 06:53   #6229
Distinguished - BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Which courier did it come through?

It was shipped via BlueDart.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th January 2019 at 11:40. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 12th December 2018, 23:13   #6230
Senior - BHPian

Online shopping is all about equal opportunities - to get access to products as well as to get conned; no discrimination allowed or practiced!
Quote:
Sonakshi Sinha Gets Rusted Iron Piece Instead of Headphones, Amazon Praised for Being 'Impartial'
More about the story and some witty responseshere.
Old 13th December 2018, 18:54   #6231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
It was shipped via BlueDart.
Received mine today. It came through FDC as the message and following mail from lenovosupport mentioned. Have to say that they fulfilled their promise of delivery in 4 to 5 working days. With proper tracking the uncertainty could have been avoided.
Old 14th December 2018, 10:48   #6232
Senior - BHPian

The glory days of 90% of your Aliexpress items coming in without duty are over I guess.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67085080.cms
Old 18th December 2018, 19:46   #6233
BHPian

Which is the best online portal to buy or import Dji osmo pocket camera?

Amazon ships to India, and it shows around $31 as shipping charges. But there is no mention of taxes. Do we need to pay local taxes also? And will there be any customs or other taxes on it.
Old 19th December 2018, 01:17   #6234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
... ... ... And will there be any customs or other taxes on it.
Add to your basket, and then checkout to the final acceptance point. There will be a breakdown of price, delivery and customs deposit.

In fact, on two occasions recently, I have bailed out at that point because the amounts were much higher that the product page showed for "Delivery to India..."
Old 23rd December 2018, 08:48   #6235
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Aliexpress has moved to other couriers instead of India Post. Last 2 items came that way.

But still need to keep an eye on the items that come. Some sellers can be painful - they try to wriggle out. One set an item with a wrong connector. Another mistake he did was to send a lower priced item. Raised a dispute to get full refund.
Old 28th December 2018, 10:37   #6236
BHPian

The new FDI guidelines seem to change the online shopping practices come Feb 2019.

The summary can be read here.
Old 28th December 2018, 12:29   #6237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The glory days of 90% of your Aliexpress items coming in without duty are over I guess.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67085080.cms
AliExpress is used to get those oddball items costing $1-$10, yet seemingly impossible to find in the local market. Became more dependent on it since ebay.in was sunset by Flipkart (That was a horrible move by Flipkart BTW).

For warranty issues, I almost never buy high value items from AliExpress unless they are impossible to find locally or at Indian e-tailers. The highest value item I have bought from AliExpress is my viofo A119S dashcam.

So the tax part has minimum implication for users like me.
Old 31st December 2018, 12:19   #6238
BHPian

With the Govt. guidelines coming up for the e-Tailes from Feb '19 and postal department planning to have a close look at the 'gifts' from china. The good times for online shopping is coming to an end.

But there may be a slew of sales from amazon & flipkart to unburden their inventory before Feb 19.
Old 16th January 2019, 08:19   #6239
Senior - BHPian

Various Malayalam newspapers are reporting a case from Adimali (Kerala) where a man ordered a dress from an online portal (portal is not named). He wasn't happy with the quality of the product he received (based on available facts, this must have been intentional), so her triggered a return/refund. The seller asked him for bank details including OTP to "process the refund". First try, loss = Rs. 95000. He contacted the seller again who said it was all a mistake so to rectify it, please provide us with a different account with balance > 2000. He gave another account from which he lost Rs. 2500. When he contacted the seller again, the requirement went up to an account with balance > 5000. This time something clicked and the man went to the cops.

Link (in Malayalam): https://www.manoramaonline.com/news/...ine-fraud.html
Old 24th January 2019, 11:13   #6240
Senior - BHPian

Nike Airmax 270 available on snapdeal at really low prices

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/nik...unning%20shoes

I am wondering, are they original, although in the heat of the moment I ended up ordering them, but I am a little bit confused now about them being genuine or just some fake?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks