Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:47   #5476
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Ordered a Micromax Canvas 6 Pro from Amazon. For 8999 + 350 for Onsite Screen protection.
Delivered in three days, Packing was good.
Only catch was the mobile I received as Packed in Oct16. Contacted the customer care & was assured over email that the one year warranty on phone is applicable from the date of delivery. Relieved.
Old 29th June 2017, 15:14   #5477
Distinguished - BHPian

Philips Xtreme vision plus bulb on a lightning deal on Amazon for Prime members.

http://www.amazon.in/Philips-12342XV...ES4VY0QZ7649MY
Old 29th June 2017, 15:30   #5478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Philips Xtreme vision plus bulb on a lightning deal on Amazon for Prime members.
At ₹613 for non prime members, this seems to be good deal. What is the offer for prime members?

Interesting to note that Bengalureans are being offered free installation at doorstep.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170629_152016.jpg

PS:
The fine print says that free installation/oil change offer is valid till June 19 only. But the main page has no mention of the time frame. Better to verify before ordering.

On second thoughts, since many Bhpians are DIY aces, the installation offer may not matter much .
Old 29th June 2017, 15:37   #5479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
At ₹613 for non prime members, this seems to be good deal. What is the offer for prime members? ...
The deal is same for Prime members as well, just that they get a 30 mins early access to the deals.
Old 30th June 2017, 23:06   #5480
BHPian

Flipkart bought ebay.in!
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170630_230335.jpg  

Old 1st July 2017, 13:00   #5481
BANNED

Bought 3 bottles of 1L each of Selenia WR 5W40 for using in my Swift.

Of the three bottles, one is leaking. Have shot a email to 99rpm guys, let's see if some response is given.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170701_1212401024x576.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170701_1214001024x576.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170701_121245576x1024.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170701_1212491024x576.jpg
Old 11th July 2017, 17:16   #5482
BANNED

Paytm bad experience:

Had used Paytm during there sale to order stuff worth INR 2200/- and a Pixel. All got home fine and good, except one item.

There was a battery powered toothbrush worth INR 650/- being sold at INR 553/- and additional cashback of approximately INR 166/-.
However, what I got today is simple Colgate toothbrush in a set of 3 worth INR 150/-. On trying to call it took a long time (nearly 20 minutes of hold time).
Complaint registration on browser (laptop) didn't seem to work in spite of multiple tries.

I couldn't trace a email id and finally ended up on their app. Also, finally got through to there customer service on phone only to hear seller doesn't accept return. Don't know what to do as my issue not loss of INR 400/- but future trust in Paytm.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2017 at 23:59. Reason: Post edited for grammar, readability. Spellcheck.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th July 2017, 17:28   #5483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Paytm bad experience:
The seller doesn't accept returns is valid when they ship the correct product. Ask the call center to transfer your call to a senior and also use social media to get their attention. Should be sorted easily.

Also, if there is a phone number on the package, call the seller and ask him directly.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2017 at 00:00. Reason: Quoted post edited. Post fixed.
Old 11th July 2017, 19:40   #5484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Paytm bad experience:
Take photos of the toothbrush which you have received and send it to the customer care indicating that the product that you have received is not 'powered tooth brush', the one you have ordered. Hope you have not opened the sealed pack of toothbrush, if applicable. Specifically mention that too and see what their reply is.

I have got refund for supplying a spanner set with some assorted unknown brands instead of 'Stanley'. The product was also rusted. Upon complaint, it was reverse picked up free of cost and refunded too.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2017 at 00:00. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 11th July 2017, 21:29   #5485
BANNED

I have put in a complaint via there app with photograph of wrong item received. So awaiting response from Paytm. So just hoping they would want me to order more and resolve accordingly.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2017 at 00:01. Reason: Post edited for readability.
Old 15th July 2017, 22:46   #5486
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a feeling that someone might have tried to explain this before and I missed the point, but is it to do with new customs duties, GST, etc, that some of the from-abroad items I am seeing on Amazon have prices like price 23,000, plus delivery and taxes 23,000. That is a doubling of an already high price. This makes actually buying such items completely off the cards.

My shopping clock has just been wound back to 2005, when, if I wanted something from UK, for instance, I had to wait until I visited UK. Which, in those days might have been once every five months, instead of years as it is now
Old 16th July 2017, 11:39   #5487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have a feeling that someone might have tried to explain this before and I missed the point, but is it to do with new customs duties, GST, etc, that some of the from-abroad items I am seeing on Amazon have prices like price 23,000, plus delivery and taxes 23,000. That is a doubling of an already high price. This makes actually buying such items completely off the cards.

My shopping clock has just been wound back to 2005, when, if I wanted something from UK, for instance, I had to wait until I visited UK. Which, in those days might have been once every five months, instead of years as it is now
Yes, the custom duties for someone importing for personal use have been increased to 46.xx%.
Makes no sense in importing anything expensive anymore these days. I had been making tool purchases off Amazon.com but now I have been searching for local alternatives instead. Thankfully, have found some direct importers/manufacturers of quality tools courtesy of Indiamart. For small/cheap items I can't find alternatives for, I still use Amazon.com/De despite the increase in duties.
Old 16th July 2017, 19:43   #5488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Yes, the custom duties for someone importing for personal use have been increased to 46.xx%.
Makes no sense in importing anything expensive anymore these days. I had been making tool purchases off Amazon.com but now I have been searching for local alternatives instead.
Thanks. Hey ho...

Quote:
Thankfully, have found some direct importers/manufacturers of quality tools courtesy of Indiamart.
Good advice on tool buying is always welcome!
Quote:
For small/cheap items I can't find alternatives for, I still use Amazon.com/De despite the increase in duties.
There are times when one has to say, "It's cheaper than the airfare!"

Except when it isn't, of course, like the locally-available piece of hifi kit that cost more than uk price, inc 20% VAT, plus the airfare! My mail to the dealer pointing out that, for his price, I could get a holiday as well as the item, went unanswered.
Old 20th July 2017, 18:56   #5489
BHPian

This is regarding my experience with Amazon (India) wherein they shipped a wrong item. I had ordered a cover for Front Loading Washing Machine and they had shipped me one for Top Loading Machine.
For those you are not aware of it, as soon as the item is received and payment made, you get a mail from Amazon about the delivery. Among various other links, there is one for return. If you click it, it gives you options for the reasons why you would like to send it back to them.
As soon as I clicked it, the return process got kicked off. It was collected from my house the next day and the right item delivered on the 4th day.
Yes, this is a low value item; I don't know if they would do the same with high value ones.
Sravan
Old 20th July 2017, 22:07   #5490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Yes, this is a low value item; I don't know if they would do the same with high value ones.
Much the same, I think.

I returned an inverter as I suspected it might not have been fresh. I had the choice of having it collected or taking it to a drop-off point. The latter was quicker, and the exchange process was initiated as soon as it was dropped off.

I returned a computer component, value around 10k to Amazon.co.uk. After reporting a non-arrival, they promptly sent out another one. Of course, both arrived, and I had not properly briefed wife and maid not to accept the second, as per Amazon's instructions.

In this international instance, UK Amazon could not arrange a pick-up, but they refunded the quite-substantial bill (I think it was 5 or 6K!) for couriering it back to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks