Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 16:24   #5506
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

For the People who ordered stuff from Aliexpress.com:

How long did it take for items to arrive which were shipped by regular China Post Registered Air Mail?

Also did you have to pay customs duty for it? I have ordered something of value $50 but I think the seller has declared a lower value.
Old 7th August 2017, 16:35   #5507
Senior - BHPian

Would be random. Some in one week, some in two weeks some even after a month. And i have only had to pay customs once for some random item which i forgot. was not much.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:32   #5508
BANNED

Hi I had requested for software package on a pen drive from Lenovo.Since it was bought in USA so I had to request on lenovo.com .The package has been dispatched by DHL to me in India .Today I received a call from DHL Mumbai landline number asking me to submit KYC documents with a link to DHL for submission of same .I never had to give KYC paper while I ordered through Amazon.com so I am not sure if DHL call is true or a scam .Do you have any references or idea of genuiness behind DHL asking me KYC documents
Old 8th August 2017, 11:23   #5509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Hi I had requested for software package on a pen drive from Lenovo.Since it was bought in USA so I had to request on lenovo.com.
Doesn't look like a scam to me. DHL may need KYC for customs clearance since this is an international shipment. Check DHL website for the genuineness of the link or ask them to confirm the tracking id which Lenovo might have shared with you. That should be enough. I think Amazon.com also asks for KYC for international shipments now. The KYC verification came into place in recent years.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:55   #5510
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any references or idea of genuiness behind DHL asking me KYC documents
Few years ago, we had one shipment of some office branding material and several coffee mugs sent from German headquarters here in Mumbai. The service was DHL/Fedex, can't remember now. When the shipment arrived, we were asked to submit KYC documents post which shipment was delivered. I don't think there is any concern here.
Old 8th August 2017, 12:05   #5511
BHPian

Quote:
I never had to give KYC paper while I ordered through Amazon.com so I am not sure if DHL call is true or a scam .
It is a genuine request. They follow this procedure for all imported items now.
Old 8th August 2017, 12:29   #5512
BANNED

Thanks a lot guys.I updated the KYC as all looked genuine enough .In this connected world I always fear a scam so was trying to be sure.
Old 8th August 2017, 14:17   #5513
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried to convert Paytm purchases (through credit card) into EMI. I am looking to buy an iPhone and they seem to have the best deals but without EMI option.
Old 9th August 2017, 22:56   #5514
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Has anyone tried to convert Paytm purchases (through credit card) into EMI. I am looking to buy an iPhone and they seem to have the best deals but without EMI option.
I bought a Pixel on 3 month EMI on Credit Card at no added cost last month through Paytm .I didnot face any issues .

You can also convert to EMI through your Credit card provider post purchase . However same is depended on you Credit Card provider policy . Never used this option myself as bank will end up charging interest on EMI option.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 9th August 2017 at 22:59.
Old 10th August 2017, 14:22   #5515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
When I purchased my iPhone 6S 32 GB in June, they had the option of EMI as well right at the time of payment.
Old 15th August 2017, 10:53   #5516
Distinguished - BHPian

I had once posted about this earlier too. I was trying to sell an old phone and all the messages that the advertisement on OLX generated are identical in terms of quoted price which sounds fishy.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:58   #5517
BHPian

Guys any website from Thailand, which ships to India. Planning to buy Side panniers for bike.
An example like this:

The Online Shopping Thread-2.jpg
Old 17th August 2017, 00:49   #5518
BHPian

Today I tried to purchase iPhone 7 plus 128 GB version (product red) from PayTm using HDFC credit card, but it said "payment failed". But then I got message from bank that the amount is already deducted from the card.

I contacted bank and they said if transaction is failed, then the amount will be reversed within 48 hours.

It shows that "payment was declined by your bank" but when I contacted bank for the same they said that transaction went through successfully.

Now i'm stuck in this position. The offer is pretty good with price of 76,000 for 7+ 128 GB product red with 11,000 cashback and I want it.

What should I do? Should I wait for refund or purchase again?
Old 17th August 2017, 01:05   #5519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Today

What should I do? Should I wait for refund or purchase again?
Buy another one. If it says declined by the bank, the amount will be refunded to you. Just take a screenshot of the message on the PayTM orders page
Old 17th August 2017, 15:44   #5520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I had once posted about this earlier too. I was trying to sell an old phone and all the messages that the advertisement on OLX generated are identical in terms of quoted price which sounds fishy.
Nothing fishy there. They have a pre-defined set of chat texts which one can select to communicate. Most people not savvy with English use it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks