Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 10:33   #5401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Had ordered some stuff and i receive a message that item is undelivered and being returned. Reason given it was rejected by buyer?!
Happened to me recently when the postman called me and told me the Amazon package is damaged and leaking. He said he is going to return to sender instead of coming to deliver to me. I agreed and then got the same status as 'rejected by buyer'. This was two weeks back but got the refund only a day or two back only after sending an email to support. You don't need to do anything else.
Sometimes when there is a delay by the courier they use this tactic to an additional day or two to make the delivery as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Do you want to write a review of the packaging or make a complaint about the packaging? If you want to write a review then you need to review the seller for poor packaging (and not the product itself). It comes up in the seller page on Amazon and is visible to the whole community. This is all documented in the Amazon link I posted, linked from the reject message you have, in their orders page, in their documentation and I posted details with screenshots a couple of pages back.
I do not write product reviews. What's to review on a hard disk that sells 16 to 20 million units a quarter?
My intention is only to let other buyers know the issues I faced so they are aware of what to expect and then decide. I don't care what is documented. That is their way to get out of the part where they are supposed to do a good job of packaging when they are an online only retailer.
Many reviews you see are product as in picture or well packed. This is when it is 4 or more stars. Why are those not being rejected?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 21:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Old 19th May 2017, 11:15   #5402
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
And obscure page - come on. It is linked from everywhere. From the order details page, in emails they send to you, in their documentation etc. What more do you want them to do? Call you up every time you order something?
No need to call me up every time , the promo spam is unending and mostly for stuff I have. The fix is quite simple, if a product is not as shown, stop selling it after checking it out.

It's great that is linked everywhere , it's a lot simpler if a 1 star review shows up saying that packaging/warranty support / functioning isn't what is advertised, some of us can dig deeper or drop the idea of buying it.
Old 19th May 2017, 12:02   #5403

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I do not write product reviews. What's to review on a hard disk that sells 16 to 20 million units a quarter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
No need to call me up every time , the promo spam is unending and .....
I think I understand where the confusion is. Please bear with me.

Amazon wnats you to review the product and seller separately as two sellers with the exact same product could provide two extreme cases of service - very good and very bad.

There is a slight chance that if you give a negative review to the seller in the same para as the product review then it might put off potential customers from buying the product completely. They will see low star ratings in the search results and would not even bother opening the page to see if its a bad product or just a bad seller. This will amount to Amazon and the good seller both losing sales for no fault of theirs.

The current mechanism is to avoid such situations.
Old 19th May 2017, 12:03   #5404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My intention is only to let other buyers know the issues I faced so they are aware of what to expect and then decide.
See: A given product is sold by many dozen sellers, and a given seller sells sometimes hundreds of products. So it is good to have clearly demarcated product and seller reviews; if helping future buyers is your intention.

As to what impact one more or less could have - each little bit helps. I am reminded of a time when I was in the market for a USB cable to connect my phone to laptop. There was one that I was about to order; but then 4-5 pages deep inside the reviews I saw one person who said it did not work with the Nokia N900 (my phone then), which isn't a common phone. Saved me a bit of money on what could have been a dud for me, I'd like to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
it's a lot simpler if a 1 star review shows up saying that packaging/warranty support / functioning isn't what is advertised, some of us can dig deeper or drop the idea of buying it.
The seller score, derived from buyer ratings, is displayed on every product page on Amazon. From there it is hyperlinked to the seller page where you can investigate why the seller is scored high or low and take the call whether to order from that seller or not.
Old 19th May 2017, 12:56   #5405
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not previously spent much over 10-12 thousand on line. I was a little nervous to spend over 50k!

I have some confidence in Amazon when it comes to returns etc. The seller was a nationally - known Mumbai camera dealer. I felt confident to splurge my savings.

Camera (Sony a6000) arrived safely on promised date in sealed Sony box.

As commented by others, there was not much protection in outer cartoon, but all was well.

(I'm forgetting that I bought 25k monitor last year)
Old 19th May 2017, 21:28   #5406
Team-BHP Support

The Amazon scam or Inefficient system.

Quote:
Happened to me recently when the postman called me and told me the Amazon package is damaged and leaking.
===
Sometimes when there is a delay by the courier they use this tactic to an additional day or two to make the delivery as well.
I have been using Amazon for years, before they opened shop in India. And the day India operations started I was there. Now a Prime subscriber also.

From engine oils to hair oils I have purchased almost everything, and was very happy with it. Have converted even half of my family into customers for them.

What peeves me off is the way in which they seem to have no control on delivery. Tell me how difficult it is to have a work flow drawn in, where the amazon customer care validates any delivery denials or rejection before being accepted??? I have shared this as suggestion already. The field delivery team for whatever reasons are misusing policies and putting customers in a spot! the ones who pay for their salary.

Let me elaborate on what really happened.

13 May 2017 - I had placed order on 13th may few items for house hold and for bike. So called sale. Bike stuff was ordered planning for a service appointment based on delivery dates + buffer.

18 May 2017 3:11 PM IST - I received the sms saying "was refused at the time of delivery". I was in the middle of a busy day at work. Still I placed a call to customer support and raised a complaint. First time I was doing this in so many years as customer, and it took me a while to figure out over the app and web page, how to reach. But I did this and have acknowledgement mail for feed back at 5.04 PM. So I am assuming I spoke to customer service close to 5 PM. They in turn apologised and informed me they would escalate and make the delivery team reattempt. I left a great feedback also after the call since I trusted they would fix it.

19 May 2017 5.46 PM I receive an email says refund initiated?! No one from amazon even attempted to reach me between this. When I called again, apart from an apology there was no resolution offered! Tried escalating again, as per web request at the end of call feedback, but reply was same.

What is really upsetting is both the seller and delivery are under Amazon umbrella. Cloudtail and Amazon courier service! I usually check that so that I have some reassurance.

If they can't control their own systems, how will they even provide resolutions for third party merchants or courier service??

I have lost the deal pricing, which is fine, net value being say 3xx INR. But what about the pain I have to take to reorder and schedule a service appointment, resulting in loss of my work hours? Irony is this order had a quantity restriction of 3, and the 4th can of oil was ordered separate which was delivered on Monday itself. Now am stuck with 1 liter of that and no resolution from amazon for remaining 3 liter's.

As a customer I have lost all respect for amazon, will never ever recommend another person to the site. I might not even figure in the scheme of things for amazon business, but hard fact is they are NOT even close to the "Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company" that they claim to be!!

At the end of the day is it a scam played by amazon publishing lower rates at sale and not delivering OR a unethical act at delivery end? I hope it is the latter for the sake of this company!
Old 20th May 2017, 15:54   #5407
Distinguished - BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

I was gathering some detailing items to work on my cars since it was a long time since they had some TLC. In this exercise, I was keen on a long lasting wax for which I ordered a bottle of Collinite 845 from Greenz Car Care. Since the shop was located in Bangalore, I called to check if I could pick up the bottle myself since I wanted to work on my car today. But the seller refused stating that it comes from some godown which is outside of Bangalore. He told me that the product would be shipped through Blue Dart. I felt good hearing that since they deliver pretty quickly and it came today in the afternoon.

However, the biggest disappointment followed:

The Online Shopping Thread-img_7723.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_7722.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_7718.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_7721.jpg

I called them up immediately. What followed was a series of counter questions just to dodge the matter. The seller's stand is why did I accept the courier. However, the damage is clearly seen only until the outer carton. The courier cover was totally intact. Only after I opened the cover I noticed that the carton packing was damp. Initially I thought it was just a leaking cap. However, when I pulled out the bottle from the carton, the bottle was cracked and the wax spilt all over my arm. I sent pictures to the seller, but as obvious calls were never picked later on, until which they were answered in no time.

After spending close to 2k for a bottle of wax from these so called Detailing institute, it was packed in such a stupid manner. How can a round bottle be protected by a round carton cover which can not bear any load? Rather they should provide foam packing or a square carton box.

Verdict is I would stick to Amazon for such products. Even if they send a damaged bottle, they will own up for the mistake. Not run away from the scene once the proof is held at their face. Looks like my money got me water beading hands, floor and desk.

Avoid purchasing from Greenz Car Care.

Last edited by audioholic : 20th May 2017 at 16:03.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 17:07   #5408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
How can a round bottle be protected by a round carton cover which can not bear any load? Rather they should provide foam packing or a square carton box. Avoid purchasing from Greenz Car Care.
I purchased several products, including Collinite waxes and Optimum products, from them last year and they all came in a large carton which protected the contents. But this was in a single order. Sad to see their customer friendly attitude has changed.

I had once called them to enquire about Ultima waterless wash which happened to be out of stock (it still is several months later). But the dude at the other end of the line didn't seem very keen on answering my queries and brushed me off by saying it would take time for this product to be back in stock. When asked how much time? He said he can't say for sure. I found this attitude quite strange.

Quote:
Verdict is I would stick to Amazon for such products.
Amazon, Flipkart and other well known sites are much safer to buy from.
Old 20th May 2017, 18:23   #5409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Avoid purchasing from Greenz Car Care.
I also had a bad experience when dealing with them, and somehow their attitude on the call never gave me confidence to purchase from them. I have bought Collinite 845 and other CarPro products from Ultimate Detailers many times, and not only was their attitude much better, but the product was packed in a way which could survive apocalypse if required.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 20th May 2017, 21:15   #5410
BHPian

Re: The Amazon scam or Inefficient system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have been using Amazon for years, before they opened shop in India. And the day India operations started I was there. Now a Prime subscriber also.

What is really upsetting is both the seller and delivery are under Amazon umbrella. Cloudtail and Amazon courier service! I usually check that so that I have some reassurance.

If they can't control their own systems, how will they even provide resolutions for third party merchants or courier service??

As a customer I have lost all respect for amazon, will never ever recommend another person to the site. I might not even figure in the scheme of things for amazon business, but hard fact is they are NOT even close to the "Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company" that they claim to be!!

At the end of the day is it a scam played by amazon publishing lower rates at sale and not delivering OR a unethical act at delivery end? I hope it is the latter for the sake of this company!
It is not the Amazon thing. I feel it is the indian attitude towards service. This we experience in every aspect of our day to day life. Attitude is, once money is handed over, let the customer go to hell! Ashamed to say, we indians do not have the proper attitude to service as we can get away with shoddy service, because there will always be another sucker waiting to hand over money for the shoddy service or the product.
This may look like a rant, but it is after observation of all kinds of service providers of all kinds ( cable service wallah, plumber, car service, bike service etc etc etc, list is endless) .Because we are the people who had this on the bills till recently or even now" GOODS ONCE SOLD WILL NOT BE TAKEN BACK OR EXCHANGED"
Old 21st May 2017, 12:41   #5411
BANNED

I had orderd - Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Kit (with MF cloth), from here (https://www.carpowergrid.com/sonax-x...xterior-combo/).
Rs610 + 100 for shipping.

The Packaging was - just a cardboard box. No bubble wrap or any sort of protection. I was lucky that there was no damage. But it did leave me with a not so good feeling.

The Date of manufacture on the product bottle is 06/2015. But on the label it is 2016. .

This has a shelf life of 5 years though.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-a1.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-a2.jpg  

Old 21st May 2017, 17:29   #5412
Senior - BHPian

I complained to Amazon about poor battery on my Kindle Paperwhite. They somehow were eager to send replacement after pickup of the old one from my place.
Nothing happened for a few days so I again asked them on chat support. The lady released the shipment and I got a refurbished unit - which has perfect battery life.
It has been several weeks now and there is no communication from them about the old Kindle which is lying on my desk.

Last edited by S_U_N : 21st May 2017 at 17:30.
Old 21st May 2017, 20:51   #5413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
It is not the Amazon thing. I feel it is the indian attitude towards service.
===.Because we are the people who had this on the bills till recently or even now" GOODS ONCE SOLD WILL NOT BE TAKEN BACK OR EXCHANGED"
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I complained to Amazon about poor battery on my Kindle Paperwhite. They somehow were eager to send replacement after pickup of the old one from my place.
Nothing happened for a few days so I again asked them on chat support. The lady released the shipment and I got a refurbished unit - which has perfect battery life.
It has been several weeks now and there is no communication from them about the old Kindle which is lying on my desk.
After two rounds of escalation and stinkers, Amazon was not able to resolve the delivery issue. BUT as a good gesture they added another 200 INR bucks into my account. This would take care of the loss I would have incurred, but then it was never about the money. I am still upset with the stupid delivery process which is right now in the hands of delivery boys to misuse!

As a gesture back from my side, I ordered the same products from amazon, but this time choose the other shop which delivered the 1 liter oil within 24 hours and they again did a good job by ensuring the oil reached today!

Had to spent 10 INR more, but like I said it was never about the money!
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:36   #5414
BHPian

I had ordered for an item from Aliexpress on 07/04/2017. The item was despatched through China post registered air mail. Upon tracking via India post and 17track.net , it is stuck in kolkata since 05/05/2017. Please advise.

The Online Shopping Thread-fullsizerender.jpg.jpeg

Last edited by csr9 : 23rd May 2017 at 13:37.
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:19   #5415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
I had ordered for an item from Aliexpress on 07/04/2017. The item was despatched through China post registered air mail. Upon tracking via India post and 17track.net , it is stuck in kolkata since 05/05/2017. Please advise.
It seems to be stuck in Chennai rather than Kolkata. After that it goes for clearance and then gets sent by land - regular speedpost (that is, by road) to Vizag. That will take a few days by itself.

The entire process might even take a month.

Most Viewed