Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2017, 19:26   #5461
Senior - BHPian

What's the deal with Industry Buying? Are they folding up?

I had good experiences previously, but my last two orders with them have left me frustrated.
One is yet to be confirmed, even after a month, and the other looks all set to follow suit.

Going further, I think I will steer clear of this site.

Name:  ForumRunner_20170615_192520.png
Views: 1930
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20170615_192529.png
Views: 1945
Size:  74.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20170615_192536.png
Views: 1885
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20170615_192543.png
Views: 1876
Size:  73.0 KB
Old 16th June 2017, 09:07   #5462
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Please don't let me annoy you even more <Blush> but one such experience in 18 years is... actually not too bad.

But, yes, I'd be angry too. Especially with this ethos of customer service which fails to address and resolve issues. I think Amazon.com have customer service outsourced here (used to know one of their trainer/managers), and I don't think this stuff would be acceptable to the .com people. So why do we .in people have to put up with it?

Yep!
Bang on! Overall amazon has been quite good all these years.

But recently Paytm has been a pleasure to deal with.
And their cashbacks are really attractive!

Flipkart I used to love for books long ago. Of late their deals on sports shoes etc have been better than Amazon.

It is definitely worth comparing prices across the online world before buying!

Other services like Licious, BigBazaar, Godrej Natures Basket and others have changed the way we shop for food and grocery.

Whatever anyone may say, the online revolution has been a boon for the deal seeking Indian consumer.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:01   #5463
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Anyone received any order below 1000 Rs from Aliexpress and did you need to pay customs duty as per the latest Customs rules?
I ordered some door insulation material (to prevent the AC air from escaping below the doors) costing some Rs.700. This was on the 2nd of May. Wondering if I will get charged customs duty.
So, I got all my packages from Aliexpress. The highest was insulation tapes for doors costing 7$, which was mentioned as 2$ on the packet. No customs duty charged. Was thinking of ordering an infrared thermometer costing some 11$ (~INR 700). It costs Rs.1500 if bought in India.
Old 16th June 2017, 15:52   #5464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yep!
Bang on! Overall amazon has been quite good all these years.

But recently Paytm has been a pleasure to deal with.
And their cashbacks are really attractive!
For no particular reason, I almost abandoned Flipkart and buy almost everything from Amazon now. Fickle customer!
Quote:
Flipkart I used to love for books long ago.
I think I preferred it when they were just a bookshop. Irrational, yes: they still sell books! As do Amazon.
Quote:
Whatever anyone may say, the online revolution has been a boon for the deal seeking Indian consumer.
Yes! I got a PayTM wallet during the DeMon inconvenience, but I've never shopped there. Noting your reccommendation, I must take a look.
Old 16th June 2017, 17:40   #5465
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
For no particular reason, I almost abandoned Flipkart and buy almost everything from Amazon now. Fickle customer!

I think I preferred it when they were just a bookshop. Irrational, yes: they still sell books! As do Amazon.

Yes! I got a PayTM wallet during the DeMon inconvenience, but I've never shopped there. Noting your reccommendation, I must take a look.
I have always liked Amazon right from inception like I said.
I also kind of tapered off from Flipkart over the last 2-3 years though I was a customer right from 2007-2008 onwards, but have now restarted purchasing from them.

PayTM - I have bought 2 full sets of pretty expensive tyres - one set for my Yeti and another set for my Gypsy. No problem at all with the tyres. With the huge cash backs these were excellent value and far cheaper than the rest of the market.
Again, over the last 3 or 4 days I have spent some big bucks on PayTM - I got myself and my father and my wife Brand new iPhones each at significantly lower prices than anywhere else, on account of the huge cash backs.
Two of these iPhones have been delivered already, mine and my Dad's. Both perfect products. The third one for my wife, is expected anytime in the next day or two.
Old 18th June 2017, 14:56   #5466
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Can someone guide on how to get refund from ebay.

I ordered a product worth rs. 2600 on 12th june and expected delievery was on 15-16 june. To add on a pathetic shopping experience on ebay, i neither got any info about my order nor any assurance from seller regarding when i will get it. When I contacted seller through their whatsapp number, i got notified that my product is not available with them and refund will be sent. When i am contacting ebay customer service regarding cancellation and refund they are asking to contact seller, when seller is being contacted they are giving excuse that ebay will refund. It cant be worse than this. This is a plain pathetic customer experience and its shameful that ebay is promoting this mess.

I have contacted n number of times regarding my order and neither the seller is providing me any info neither ebay customer care executives. Entirely a case of cheating. In the era of amazon, flipkart it was a mistake trusting ebay to make a purchase.

The customer care is adamant that seller has not officially mentioned that product is not available and the status is still ready to ship with a fake bluedart awb number.
Old 19th June 2017, 11:17   #5467
Senior - BHPian

That is strange. I have always got a resolution when raised through the paisapay protection. But then it's been some time since i've had to use their services so it could have gotten bad.

Contact seller via ebay only so that it is on record.
Old 19th June 2017, 20:43   #5468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
That is strange. I have always got a resolution when raised through the paisapay protection. But then it's been some time since i've had to use their services so it could have gotten bad.

Contact seller via ebay only so that it is on record.
I tried paisapay protection, but it is giving me an error stating that its less than 10 days since I have made the purchase.
Old 20th June 2017, 09:53   #5469
BHPian

Hi friends,

Have a query : Playmore - online sports good store : are they in business anymore ?

some of the products indicate very tempting prices. Few days back, I did added few items in the Cart and proceeded, no webpage asked for money, got an email of my "purchased" items , but nothing proceeds. I even twice emailed them, but no reply!

regards,
Pranav
Old 20th June 2017, 10:04   #5470
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi,

Can someone guide on how to get refund from ebay.
===================
The customer care is adamant that seller has not officially mentioned that product is not available and the status is still ready to ship with a fake bluedart awb number.
Just raise and eBay guarantee claim whenever you are eligible to raise one. It is completely hassle free and you can raise it within 30 days for "item not received". you'll then receive a call in the next couple of days confirming a refund.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st June 2017 at 17:26. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 20th June 2017, 11:22   #5471
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Honor 6X from Amazon.in for 11,999 Rs a few days ago. Delivery date was 21/6/2017. Now I checked the price today, the same mobile (same seller) was available on promotional discount for 10,999 Rs on Amazon. Contacted the Amazon customer service and asked them whether they could refund me the difference amount or I cancel the order, they said that I will have to cancel the order and reorder it to get the mobile on promotional discount. This was exact opposite to what I read on this thread that some of the members did get the price difference amount refunded back, donot know if there is a change in policy of Amazon India.

Hence, cancelled the order and re-ordered it.
Old 20th June 2017, 11:47   #5472
Distinguished - BHPian

I experimented ordering live aquarium fish from Bunnycart.com recently and it turned out to be superb. I had ordered two dozen neon tetras and they were delivered with one dead fish, which they readily offered a refund for. However I just let it go, since it was 20 bucks each. I ordered from their website on a wednesday. I didnt follow up later but after a few days I got a call that due to some Hartal in Kerala my order would be shipped the next wednesday. They have a door delivery service in Bangalore and Delhi. I received it the following day, ie thursday. It seems the fish are shipped in trains and are delivered to nearby railway stations across India. But for Bangalore, they had a person who would pick it up from the train and then deliver it to our home.

The chap was friendly and kept in touch with me from that morning. Since I was not there at home, he offered to put the fish into the tank and leave. But there was no one at home and I told him to hand it over to my security. He did that and even ensured that the cover containing the fish was kept in a bucket of water to keep it cool. He even told me on the phone that there was one dead fish and I could click a picture and send it to them, for which they would refund the money.

The prices of fish are almost the same as my aquarium shop which made me try it out. Their selection of fish are limited, but that points towards keeping reliable ones which can be shipped and avoiding delicate fish.
Old 20th June 2017, 21:11   #5473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Just raise and eBay guarantee claim whenever you are eligible to raise one. It is completely hassle free and you can raise it within 30 days for "item not received". you'll then receive a call in the next couple of days confirming a refund.
Received automated mail from ebay paisapay regarding automatic initiation of refund due to non-shipment of the order with stipulated time.

Finally some relief!
Old 21st June 2017, 17:08   #5474
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Has anyone used aaramshop.com for grocery? How has your experience been?
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:06   #5475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Feedback on TATAcliq.com

Guys, if you plan to buy anything from TATAcliq, please remember my experience.
Once again they proved they neither learn from the past nor they wish to improve.

Order 1: Intex Powerback
- Delivery was prompt (eKart logistics)
- Packing was 'ok'ish (Box quality is no where close to competitors)
- Opened the packing to get a sweet surprise, item had enough scratches
- USB cable is faulty
- Raised a return request
- They took their sweet time of 2 days to respond

Order 2: Redmi 3s prime
- When flipkart had no stock, these fellows had stock in all available colors
- Tried to place order for dark grey, but then it displayed 'Out-of stock'
- Placed the order for Black color then
- For couple of days order status remained as 'Processing'
- 3rd day got a mail stating the order is cancelled (for no reason)
- Then got a apology mail stating the product is out of stock

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks