Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2017, 19:31   #5371
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The Product Review section has to be about the product in question, not about the seller, packaging, shipping etc.
Can't argue with the logic there. Fair of them to expect reviews about the product. To hell with the process, seller, packaging, lies, exaggerations, false claims etc.

But how could one review a product when there is none to speak of! The liquids that were ordered by me had tried to escape the confines of their containers. There were even signs of forced entry being made by some adulterant impersonators into the said container.

Something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I ordered from amazon 1 gallon Meguiar's APC. It came with adhesive tape at the opening and then the cap twisted in, perhaps to prevent spillage.

As i suspect that perhaps the courier has spilled the contents, topped with water and then delivered.
Non published reviews aside, I have had good experiences with their problem resolution mechanism.

Recently, a steering grip that I had ordered was shipped from Delhi. On receipt, I found it to be badly finished with loose stitches, multiple chips in the material and one long tear that had cleverly been patched up. Upon raising the issue with relevant photographs via mail, I was refunded the money paid.

I wrote back asking them to arrange for pickup of the defective piece. I was told that it was not necessary since the seller has agreed to the refund without a dispute and therefore I was free to dispose it off the way I deem fit.
Old 14th May 2017, 19:45   #5372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is what i wrote. Sort of a warning to anyone who's reading, the product when they receive may not be as expected.
What you should have done was to review the seller, not the product.

In Amazon, when you go to your orders page, you will see this:

The Online Shopping Thread-4.png

You are using the "Write a Review" button there. Instead use the "Leave Seller Feedback" button; which then appears on the seller's store page like this:

The Online Shopping Thread-5.png

There is a seller rating ("94% positive") calculated based on this feedback. I, for one, gives a lot of attention to that feedback and the seller rating while deciding whether to order from a given seller or not.
Old 14th May 2017, 19:47   #5373
BHPian

Last week i placed an order for 3M battery terminal coat. They shipped in an ordinary bubble lined pouch. When i opened it, it was spilling inside the pouch. On complaint, they refunded immediately.

Amazon.in certainly do not have skill/experience how to handle shipping of liquids/aerosols.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_0825.jpg  

Old 14th May 2017, 20:40   #5374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Anyone received any order below 1000 Rs from Aliexpress and did you need to pay customs duty as per the latest Customs rules.
I have had about 60 orders and never had to pay duty. The values ranged from less than a $ to about 60$. I have been lucky. On the other hand my colleague ordered a knife sharpener for 3$ and had to pay 300rs duty on it. It depends on post office I suppose too.
Old 14th May 2017, 20:47   #5375

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have had about 60 orders and never had to pay duty. The values ranged from less than a $ to about 60$. I have been lucky. On the other hand my colleague ordered a knife sharpener for 3$ and had to pay 300rs duty on it. It depends on post office I suppose too.
Looks like Delhi customs doesn't care about these kind of small orders..
Old 14th May 2017, 21:04   #5376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you should have done was to review the seller, not the product.
Thanks. I never paid attention to the details in the orders page and didn't realise there was an option. I will do a seller review for this transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Last week i placed an order for 3M battery terminal coat. They shipped in an ordinary bubble lined pouch. When i opened it, it was spilling inside the pouch. On complaint, they refunded immediately.

Amazon.in certainly do not have skill/experience how to handle shipping of liquids/aerosols.
That is a mess!

They used to ship liquids and bottles in bottle air wrap like in the link below. I wonder if they do that for only bottled food items.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...09145.html?s=p
Old 14th May 2017, 21:25   #5377
BHPian

On the topic of item reviews, I tried leaving a poor feedback on ebay and it automatically rejected my review claiming the seller is a power seller and they cannot accept poor ratings. I think I have not had such an issue with Amazon yet. Was reading a flipkart review now and it is pretty brutal and honest. In spite of the content to fks credit they have posted it.
Look at it here by ATMARAM KA..
Onida 6 kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/onida-6-kg...oduct.share.pp
Old 14th May 2017, 22:21   #5378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, Amazon has a page on what reviews are appropriate and what might get rejected, here:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custom...qid=1494768174

Please take a look at the "What's not allowed" section. I think all of you missed those guidelines - for your type of complaints, Amazon has other feedback channels.

The Product Review section has to be about the product in question, not about the seller, packaging, shipping etc.
No trouble with self serving guidelines as such, ever company is free to have them. Amazon sends the mail asking how was the product. The problem is that if the product is nothing like the picture and you say so, that's what gets deleted, a warning about the unethical seller. What does Amazon do prevent it happening again?
Old 14th May 2017, 23:00   #5379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The problem is that if the product is nothing like the picture and you say so, that's what gets deleted, a warning about the unethical seller. What does Amazon do prevent it happening again?
Please read the full conversation. The answer you seek is here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4198362
Old 15th May 2017, 01:50   #5380
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, need advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
...Redmi Note 4 (64GB) was easily available in the flipkart midnight sale just a while back. I picked the Black one as my Redmi Note 3 is always running out of space.

2 Questions :
Has Xiaomi post-sale support improved ?
Has the hype died down / Is there a better device for similar price ?
Old 15th May 2017, 14:55   #5381
nmo
BHPian

As many of the inexpensive items ordered on Aliexpress with free shipping to India did not get delivered to me, I chose Aliexpress standard shipping (paid) this time for a simple product like a scrub mitt. This also seems to be struck at Kolkata Airport for weeks now. Any idea how the delivery could be expedited? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-alie1.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-alie2.jpg  

Old 15th May 2017, 15:09   #5382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
As many of the inexpensive items ordered on Aliexpress with free shipping to India did not get delivered to me, I chose Aliexpress standard shipping (paid) this time for a simple product like a scrub mitt. This also seems to be struck at Kolkata Airport for weeks now. Any idea how the delivery could be expedited? Thanks.
It is not in Kolkata. Its in your local post office. Hence, go and collect the parcel from there. The last section where it indicates Kolkata airport sorting office is nothing but a default 'Next destination' field which is always the port of entry of that parcel. They have attempted delivery multiple times from 8/5/2017 but hasnt happened. Hence, it is being held in your post office.
Old 15th May 2017, 16:15   #5383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Which post office jurisdiction did your colleague belong to? Is it Chennai?
Old 15th May 2017, 18:25   #5384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Which post office jurisdiction did your colleague belong to? Is it Chennai?
both of us are Chennai but different areas.
Old 16th May 2017, 00:48   #5385
BHPian

Purchased a 4TB internal hard disk for my NAS and a Hdd dock two days ago from Amazon. Was delivered today and was shocked to see that the hard disk had no bubble wrap or extra protection around it. It was sitting on the bottom of the carton with an air packet above it and the dock on its left. I am totally put off by this. Have run a SMART test on it and will return it if it reports any errors. I have until the 25th by which I can return it. I think the packing and shipping team are just temp staff with no experience whatsoever on how to care for fragile products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks