Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 02:54   #4621
BANNED

Have been awaiting delivery of my MINI 0806 dashcam that I placed an order from GearBest.

As of now, this is the tracking status.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160318_025214.png
Views: 1956
Size:  71.0 KB

Is the package currently in India? Indian Post seems to have updated the info to what given in the image. Not sure of the current location.

Approximately how many days would it take to be delivered in Hyderabad?
Old 25th March 2016, 09:45   #4622
BHPian

Hi
Has anyone bought 3D projectors from Aliexpress? There are many in INR 4000 range with good rating and many orders. Want to know if you have any recommendation for any other projector which can serve for occasional use (don't want to invest more)
Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 17:31   #4623
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I bought few items from www.partsbigboss.in last week for my M800. Items were non OEM but decent quality at a price 50-60% less than OEM. They delivered the items promptly in 3 days.

My items were primarily plastic ones which are not critical for day to day driving, hence chose non OEM.
Old 25th March 2016, 18:54   #4624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is the package currently in India? Indian Post seems to have updated the info to what given in the image. Not sure of the current location.
"EDI received" may not be physical desptach. The status in India may be delayed a little.
Old 25th March 2016, 19:41   #4625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
"EDI received" may not be physical desptach. The status in India may be delayed a little.
This is the screenshot of Direct Link (Sweden Post) Tracking information as of two days
Name:  ForumRunner_20160325_193946.png
Views: 1647
Size:  90.8 KB

India Post tracking as if yesterday
Name:  ForumRunner_20160325_194034.png
Views: 1545
Size:  50.0 KB

Not sure what is the current status.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th March 2016 at 19:42.
Old 27th March 2016, 16:44   #4626
BHPian

Looks like Snapdeal has lost the plot.

I ordered a small, personal evaporative air cooler a while back.

Strike 1: No way to expedite shipping at additional cost. The option does not exist.

Strike 2: it was delivered late; the courier had fun sending it back and forth between their hubs in Bangalore. Granted this was not Snapdeal's fault, but their choice of shipper sucks.

When it arrived, the outer packing was extraordinary. Excessive precaution taken to protect the product.

Strike 3: After carefully removing layer after layer, found the actual product inside broken; the fan assembly had broken off its housing and was lying on the inside bottom, moving about freely. It had also punched a small hole in the bottom (water tank). There were two bolts and two nuts, loose, in the plastic bag in which the product had been placed. Either the seller carefully packed a broken piece and shipped it, or despite such amazing care in packing, the product is too flimsy to withstand shipping.

I initiated a return.

Strike 4: No credit back to credit card; instead I will get a credit to my Freecharge account (I don't have one now, guess it will be created). To get my money back, I'll have to tell them my bank details and they'll transfer it to my account. Hello, were you expecting me to think it was too much hassle and leave the money there? Of course it's a hassle, but all these extra hoops the customer is made to go through to get their money back won't make them start loving you more.

Strike 5: Absolutely no way to call them.; there ain't no number on their site.

Strike 6: Pickup was scheduled for between 9 am and noon today (Sunday). Got an SMS from the shipper at 8 am that a guy was out for pick up. Never showed up. At 12:20 pm, got another SMS that another guy was out for pickup. it's 4:30 pm as I write this. No further communication from them. Calling the mobile numbers of the pickup guys is a waste; it's either switched off or not reachable. There's a single mobile number on the shipper's website, and that person will immediately disconnect incoming calls (my experience last week). The shipper is Vulcan Surface. But there's no way to know who the shipper is when you place an order.

Strike 7: After all this nonsense, a guy calls from Snapdeal at 4pm and asks if I wanted to return the product!

You lost me as a customer, Snapdeal. You're regressing, going back in time, making it harder on the customer than easier. You forget there are numerous other options, including physical stores, from where I bought a 3x value, much bigger cooler.
Old 28th March 2016, 10:13   #4627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Incidentally, I came across AmazonBasics 24 pieces MF cloth for 10 euros in Germany Planning to return the one purchased in India. Sounded like a sweet deal and I am not sure why, I was charged 0 for the purchase from my card. Very wierd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Whilst some of them were more expensive, most of my microfibre cloths cost very little from cheapo shops in UK. Anything from five for a pound to about a pound (GBP) each.

I bought a couple of OPT (Optimum Car Care) cloths last week, one general and one for glass. Rather more expensive, but the quality is excellent. One can tell good microfibre: it has a sort of grippy feeling, almost tacky, as the micro fibres reach into your skin!
Landed back to find my 3M microfiber cloths and yes they are of really good quality for the price paid. They are not as plush as compared to the AmazonBasics MF but do an equally good job of picking up greasy deposits off glass, etc.

Here is the total maal now, 35 pieces . To be frank, I wont need so much and will be happy to lend it to anyone who wants it at actual costs.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_3758.jpg
Old 29th March 2016, 17:40   #4628
Senior - BHPian

When is the next sale on Amazon/Flipkart expected ? Anything around Ugadi ?

Planning to pickup a phone and a few other things.
Old 29th March 2016, 17:56   #4629
BHPian

Amazon having a sale right now for mobiles. Check in mobile app for offers
Old 29th March 2016, 19:08   #4630
Senior - BHPian

Amazon mobile sale is a joke.

Moto G3 that they are selling at 9,999 in this sale, I bought it last week from them for 9,499.
Old 30th March 2016, 15:01   #4631
BHPian

Aliexpress is celebrating its 6th anniversary with huge discounts on its sale items. Sale started yesterday and will end on 1st of April.

Just now ordered Vgate iCar 3 ELM327 WiFi OBD2 scanner for almost 50% discount
Old 30th March 2016, 18:32   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Aliexpress is celebrating its 6th anniversary with huge discounts on its sale items. Sale started yesterday and will end on 1st of April.

Just now ordered Vgate iCar 3 ELM327 WiFi OBD2 scanner for almost 50% discount
Url please, thanks

I bought a couple of white/amber DRLs
Old 31st March 2016, 10:04   #4633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Amazon mobile sale is a joke.

Moto G3 that they are selling at 9,999 in this sale, I bought it last week from them for 9,499.
Were they selling it at 9499/- or did you use any coupons/bank card offers?
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:13   #4634
Senior - BHPian

I want to buy a pair of glasses for my brother. Need to know how any discounts work at Lenscart. Help plij.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd April 2016 at 09:22.
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:03   #4635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I want to buy a pair of glasses for my brother. Need to know how any discounts work at Lenscart. Help plij.
Got a surprise package yesterday at Lenskart showroom in BTM 2nd Stage.

My wife had bought a free frame and paid lens last month and she pushed me to go and check out.

The frame was free (less choices, but customizable colour of the side sticks).
The lens I choose was a very thin one and of higher quality (they have some 5 varieties / quality of lenses). It was costing me Rs.2850 after taxes. The guy offered me a Rs.300 discount and said it would cost me Rs.2550. I said okay and he proceeded to order online.

After a few minutes he said the final bill was Rs.1850 !! He said some offer was there on the website and I got a cool discount of Rs.1000 !!
So basically my expensive lens costed me the same as my wife's lens bought last month.

Do check out if they have stores in your area or nearby, else try visiting BTM 2nd stage.

Paid frames are prohibitively expensive. To the tune of Rs.2500 and upwards. For that money I can go to Titan Eye Plus and buy a frame.
So I chose the Lenskart free frame and paid for the lens. Overall a good experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks