Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 19:17   #4486
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How does this cashback work? Am i missing something out here?
The 267 cashback that you are entitled to get will get credited into your Wallet the moment the package is shipped.

As you haven't got it, shoot a mail to the customer care with the order details and wallet balance screen shot. They'll solve it within 24 hrs.
Old 25th January 2016, 19:22   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Jopasu duster for INR 708 at paytm. They said effective price is INR 441, so thought difference would be credited into my paytm account. I got delivery of the item today, but the paytm balance is zero.

How does this cashback work? Am i missing something out here?
If you had paid while ordering, it should have been credited at that moment itself. Proceed as a4anurag said above.

If the order was COD, it might take around 24 hours for the cashback to reflect in your account.

EDIT - Someone help me on Post #4483.

Last edited by swift_guy : 25th January 2016 at 19:24.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:01   #4488
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The 267 cashback that you are entitled to get will get credited into your Wallet the moment the package is shipped.

As you haven't got it, shoot a mail to the customer care with the order details and wallet balance screen shot. They'll solve it within 24 hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
If you had paid while ordering, it should have been credited at that moment itself. Proceed as a4anurag said above
Thanks Guys! But you know what, I did NOT apply the promo code to get the cashback.

Anyways, have written an email to customer care. Lets see, what comes out of it.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:22   #4489
Senior - BHPian

My close friend has come to Goa with his family for a short trip and he did his hotel bookings on makemytrip well in advance.
But he got the shock of his life when he reached here on 23rd at 9:30 P.M. and was bluntly refused by hotel for which he did the bookings that they haven't any details of his booking. The mobile no. of the so called hotel manager was also not replied even once since the date of booking.

The customer care was of no help and he had to book an alternate guest house at 5-Star hotel rate.

I was shocked by the agony faced by him when I met him yesterday and he will be definitely taking some legal action against makemytrip.

I am posting this just to warn fellow Bhpians.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:29   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
My close friend has come to Goa with his family for a short trip and he did his hotel bookings on makemytrip well in advance.
Usually one needs to keep in touch with the property and reconfirmed manually etc. it is sad definitely what happened and irritating and I would probably have had a rage and can imagine what your friend went through!! I had booked through cleartrip and goibibo on my last vacation in Oct/Nov and only issue was with the hotel having insufficient guests that the buffet was pathetic. I did raise a stink and got better service after that. Have not reviewed yet on tripadvisor but I intend to write about the episode. I also did speak to the hotel property multiple times before showing up as a precaution!

Quote:
Thanks Guys! But you know what, I did NOT apply the promo code to get the cashback. stupid.
There is a ready process to claim this amount, I think it is in the contact us link on the my orders page. You can choose the issue type and select forgot to add coupon. They will credit it to you. Someone else had the same issue and got the cashback via this means.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th January 2016 at 23:14. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of creating back-to-back posts within a short interval.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:34   #4491
BHPian

Sorry for this noob question. I have done online shopping via flipkart, amazon, snapdeal, urban ladder, pepperfry and all these sell only new products (snapdeal has recently started used products I believe). In ebay, its a mix of used and new products. What I want to know is about paytm. Does it also sell used products like ebay or it sells only new products? I can see some good deals in paytm in which they have mentioned about some cashback. How does this cash back function? Will the money come back to our bank or it goes to paytm wallet in which we can use it to buy only from paytm?

The return policy in flipkart, etc is very smooth process. How is it in paytm?
Old 25th January 2016, 20:46   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Sorry for this noob question.
I've seen only new products but have realized that sometimes the products are little old in terms of shelf life. I've also realized that paytm is good for branded item discounts and buying unbranded stuff is a risk as usually the markups are fake in terms on mrp and you don't get exactly what you see. Returns have been a mixed bag for me but have always managed to get my returns and refunds. Failed orders or large value transactions get back to credit card but cash back is always to wallet. You can withdraw to bank but there is a processing fee. Not done it yet but saw a fee for once when I attempted a 4K bank transfer. You should compare prices with Amazon, FK and Snapdeal before purchase. Some of my learnings...
Old 25th January 2016, 20:47   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for this noob question. I have done online shopping via flipkart, amazon, snapdeal, urban ladder, pepperfry and all these sell only new products (snapdeal has recently started used products I believe). In ebay, its a mix of used and new products. What I want to know is about paytm. Does it also sell used products like ebay or it sells only new products? I can see some good deals in paytm in which they have mentioned about some cashback. How does this cash back function? Will the money come back to our bank or it goes to paytm wallet in which we can use it to buy only from paytm?

Like flipkart, Amazon and snapdeal, Paytm sells only new products. Have been shopping through paytm in the last one year at least and have not faced any problem.

While placing order, one has to pay the full amount and the cash back would be credited to the Paytm wallet as soon as the product is shipped from the seller. This cash back can be used for paying utility various utility bills like phone, data card etc and can be used for shopping on Paytm as well.

Money in wallet can also be transferred to your bank account, but with some charges.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:17   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I've seen only new products but have realized that sometimes the products are little old in terms of shelf life. I've also realized that paytm is good for branded item discounts and buying unbranded stuff is a risk as usually the markups are fake in terms on mrp and you don't get exactly what you see. Returns have been a mixed bag for me but have always managed to get my returns and refunds. Failed orders or large value transactions get back to credit card but cash back is always to wallet. You can withdraw to bank but there is a processing fee. Not done it yet but saw a fee for once when I attempted a 4K bank transfer. You should compare prices with Amazon, FK and Snapdeal before purchase. Some of my learnings...
Thank you for the reply. So its safe and no need to worry. If anything goes wrong, its my unlucky day.

Last edited by petrol_power : 25th January 2016 at 21:28.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:18   #4495
BHPian

Quote:

PayTM products are new. Some of my orders had old stock products, but none of them were used.

Cashback is credited in your PayTM wallet after a purchase (when payment is cleared) and can be used for recharges, payments, etc. which you can make via PayTM wallet. If any other site has payment option via PayTM wallet, then the cashback can be used for that site also. If nothing else works, you have the option of recharging your mobile phones or data cards on the go (without any convenience charge) which is a big plus for me.

It is always good to compare prices on other sites like Shopclues, Snapdeal and Amazon as some products listed on PayTM (after cashback) are available directly on these sites without any fuss of cashback and all.

- - -

Repeating my query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
Can someone list the e-mail IDs of customer care for ebay.in?

I have raised a claim for a recent order and would like to mail to customer helpline also.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:19   #4496
Senior - BHPian

He did call the number provided since the moment he did the booking but not even the single time the call was picked and thats all he could do. He was also mentioning that in booking confirmation it was mentioned that he need not call anybody and still he tried that no. but unsuccessfully.

He is a lawyer himself and be assured that he will take it to the logical conclusion.

Quote:
Usually one needs to keep in touch with the property and reconfirmed manually etc. it is sad definitely what happened and irritating and I would probably have had a rage and can imagine what your friend went through!!
Old 25th January 2016, 21:37   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for this noob question.
That depends on the seller - be it any online shopping sites. Once I ordered for a branded T-shirt from Amazon with a 50% off deal, but the product turned out to be more than a year old. So, kindly check the ratings of the seller before you order.

The cashback will be credited to your PayTM wallet once the order is shipped, which can be used to recharge mobiles or buy any product from their site or even can be used on other online websites which accept PayTM wallet as a payment option. Hope this helps.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:44   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. So its safe and no need to worry. If anything goes wrong, its my unlucky day.
Go ahead and take the plunge - my recent larger paytm purchases are 2 KurlOn mattresses, Yamaha Bass Guitar, Two Asus Laptops and many smaller value items.
Old 25th January 2016, 22:06   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
There is a ready process to claim this amount, I think it is in the contact us link on the my orders page. You can choose the issue type and select forgot to add coupon. They will credit it to you. Someone else had the same issue and got the cashback via this means.
Well! The issue type 'forgot to add coupon' leads to a message which says 'If you forgot to apply the promocode for your order, then your order is not eligible for cashback offer. Please apply promo code in future orders to avail the benefits.'
Old 25th January 2016, 22:35   #4500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well! The issue type 'forgot to add coupon' leads to a message which says 'If you forgot to apply the promocode for your order, then your order is not eligible for cashback offer. Please apply promo code in future orders to avail the benefits.'
The first level of customer care executives won't help. They answer like a bunch of robots; however much you try, you'll get the same answer. There's an option to escalate the issue to the next level, in case the first level isn't able to resolve your issue. A strongly worded complaint, and your cashback should be in your wallet soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks