Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 11:36   #4336
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
Hey Noel, I got it off aliexpress for 6 USD and it took me around 20 days for it to be delivered. The link to the same -
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-T...347456204.html

Hope this helps Noel
Thanks a lot, even this says 39-60 days for shipping which means it's just the upper limit so it works for me. Although I'll try looking for bigger ones as I have a few shopping bags, a 5l bottle, spare bulbs, phone holder, Jopasu duster all kept it in the boot since I like the cabin to have minimum things. Alternatively what I could do is order two of them.

Thanks a lot again!
Old 29th November 2015, 12:28   #4337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That's quite the wrong way to think about it. What you should do is to set a budget and a set of must-have and desirable features, and try to find a match. Waiting for discounts without any real price target will eventually lead to dissatisfaction. The Malayalam poet Poonthanam has spoken about this at length way back in the 16th century. :-)
Haahaahaaa...Yes, I have a budget, brand and model too !!
Just wanted to see if the particular laptop is any cheaper in the GOSF.
Seems I'll have to buy it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I have managed to get good deals for stuff even when there is no big sale.
Just before the Dussera sale I bought the iPhone 6 for 35.5K. I never saw those prices after that.
In anycase the discount on a laptop will barely be 1-2K so it doesn't matter much.
True, sometimes regular offers are cheaper than online shopping festivals where it is mostly hiked and then discounted prices !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I am only looking for Dell. Very clear about the brand. My old Dell has served for 7.5 years. The reason I am buying a new one is to avoid any repair costs on the old one.
Old 29th November 2015, 14:36   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelnelly View Post
Thanks a lot, even this says 39-60 days for shipping which means it's just the upper limit so it works for me. Although I'll try looking for bigger ones as I have a few shopping bags, a 5l bottle, spare bulbs, phone holder, Jopasu duster all kept it in the boot since I like the cabin to have minimum things. Alternatively what I could do is order two of them.

Thanks a lot again!
You're most welcome noel not sure as to how much weight the velcro can withstand though !
Old 29th November 2015, 16:41   #4339
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought a new garden hose from Amazon. The details, and why I didn't just get one locally, are in this post:.

Expensive, but a very superior hose

Also, having bought one for the car, I got an Aukey phone charger for the house amd for travels.
Old 29th November 2015, 19:20   #4340
BHPian

Any cyber Monday deals on laptops?
All of the laptops on sale are not so great on paper. The good spec ones are all sold out! :/
Old 29th November 2015, 19:42   #4341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hoping to pick up a laptop then !
I work for one of them and based on inside intel, I think you are better off waiting for Jan/Feb as there is not much happening for Christmas/new year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
iPhone 6 for 35.5K. I never saw those prices after that.
That's a steal!
Old 30th November 2015, 08:50   #4342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I work for one of them and based on inside intel, I think you are better off waiting for Jan/Feb as there is not much happening for Christmas/new year
Thanks so much for that 'insider' info !!
Will hold on till Jan then !
Old 30th November 2015, 23:15   #4343
Senior - BHPian

To avail free shipping on Amazon Fulfilled items less than ₹ 499, add a cosmetic product (say Nivea Creme 30 ml - ₹34). Works out cheaper than shipping charges

For instance,

The Online Shopping Thread-1448905436562.jpg

After adding a cosmetic product :

The Online Shopping Thread-1448905471529.jpg

I read it on Quora the other day and it worked for me. So thought of sharing
Old 1st December 2015, 06:49   #4344
Senior - BHPian

Myntra has gone back on its 'app only' strategy and launches mobile site. It took them 6 months and falling sales and visibility to realize the fallacy in this absolute stupid move of going 'app only'.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:26   #4345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Myntra has gone back on its 'app only' strategy and launches mobile site. It took them 6 months and falling sales and visibility to realize the fallacy in this absolute stupid move of going 'app only'.
I am not even sure why they needed sales data to figure that out.

It was pretty obvious that if you siphon off a section of the crowd, you're bound to lose customers.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:30   #4346
BHPian

Folks, I want to order 4-5 items from Ali Express. Would it be better to order each one separately so all eggs are not in one basket and to not have Customs issues? Each item has free shipping to India and all the items are from Aukey Manufacturer direct. I will forego a small discount if I order each separately, but that is ok. I was thinking of placing one order every Sunday night so the parcels hopefully won't get bunched up in Customs.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:44   #4347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
To avail free shipping on Amazon Fulfilled items less than ₹ 499, add a cosmetic product (say Nivea Creme 30 ml -

I read it on Quora the other day and it worked for me. So thought of sharing
Looks like a bug in amazon. Does this work with nivea or any cosmetic product?
Old 1st December 2015, 11:56   #4348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Folks, I want to order 4-5 items from Ali Express. Would it be better to order each one separately so all eggs are not in one basket and to not have Customs issues? Each item has free shipping to India and all the items are from Aukey Manufacturer direct. I will forego a small discount if I order each separately, but that is ok. I was thinking of placing one order every Sunday night so the parcels hopefully won't get bunched up in Customs.
Just ask them to mark the item as gift and under value the amount.Send a message to the seller . Customs will not bother you even if the amount is less than 100 bucks (actual value). Once under valued they wont even bother
Old 1st December 2015, 12:01   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Just ask them to mark the item as gift and under value the amount.Send a message to the seller . Customs will not bother you even if the amount is less than 100 bucks (actual value). Once under valued they wont even bother
Thanks for responding.

I presume you are suggesting to get everything at once. Rs. 100 is ~ $1.51; will Customs really believe that? And won't the "from" on the parcel indicate it's coming from a business (so a gift would be suspicious)?
Old 1st December 2015, 12:01   #4350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Thanks for the info, time to dust off my Myntra credentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I am not even sure why they needed sales data to figure that out. It was pretty obvious that if you siphon off a section of the crowd, you're bound to lose customers.
Well said. But hey, some people read the sign, others need to pee on the fence to see for themselves that its electrified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks