Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 15:04   #4201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
For all expensive buys, I always do a video recording while unpacking/ unboxing.
Same here. This is a must. Why is it that Amazon cannot come up with a fee based courier guy staying back to open package in his witness, so that they can take it back then and there and also generate revenue for Amazon and the logistics company? It can be 20-30 Rs for 5 minutes. Am sure 50% of the packages will opt for this.
Old 2nd November 2015, 15:16   #4202
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Same here. This is a must. Why is it that Amazon cannot come up with a fee based courier guy staying back to open package in his witness, so that they can take it back then and there and also generate revenue for Amazon and the logistics company? It can be 20-30 Rs for 5 minutes. Am sure 50% of the packages will opt for this.
This would work if one was personally present at home. Most often than not we are dependent on relatives to receive the package who in turn may not always be in a position to precisely verify the item. Even a video recording can be contested by the other party as has been often done by politicians confronted with video evidence.
Old 2nd November 2015, 15:43   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
This would work if one was personally present at home.
Agreed but part of what I said for the fee levy should be to work out a schedule that works for the purchaser by speaking and fixing a time that works for both. It is crucial for the SLR scenario that the OP of this discussion mentioned where he got an unrelated item. This happened to me too for a package from shopperstop. I usually take a video but for that one package I did not do it as it was an outfit for my wife and I figured how can shopperstop go wrong with that! I was taken aback to see some cheap bathroom scents inside, instead of a 3500rs outfit...
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:29   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why is it that Amazon cannot come up with a fee based courier guy staying back to open package in his witness, so that they can take it back then and there and also generate revenue for Amazon and the logistics company? It can be 20-30 Rs for 5 minutes. Am sure 50% of the packages will opt for this.
Because the delivery guys will immediately game this system. An accomplice will order an expensive item, and the delivery guy will swear that the box was empty when opened.
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:41   #4205
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th November 2015 at 15:01.
mvadg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:53   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed but part of what I said for the fee levy should be to work out a schedule that works for the purchaser by speaking and fixing a time that works for both.
I guess a variation of this system is already availble with the "Amazon pick up service". Instead of delivering the packet at home , it is delivered at a notified place (usually a small commercial establishment). The buyer than picks up the packet at his convenience from the pick up location.

On hindsight, this is a good option to avoid fraud. One would then have to open the packet before taking delivery in front of the pick up location staff.

Off course this does not solve Amazon's problem of collusion between the seller, buyer and the pick up location staff !!!

Last edited by adnaps : 2nd November 2015 at 18:57.
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:10   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
I guess a variation of this system is already availble with the "Amazon pick up service".
I used to pick up packages from Seven Elevens frequently in the US, didn't know they have them here as well! However there, the packages were in electronic lockers to which you would get sent a pin to open your locker and collect the package. There was no interaction with the staff there.
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:39   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Freshmenu in contrast, has been a revelation. Really tasty food, well-packaged and presented and filling too. I'd give them 8/10. Cost: between 150 and 250 for dinner.
Thanks to you, I came to know about Freshmenu. Just had dinner, ordered from them. Superb experience every step of the way! Tasty food, very well packaged, warm despite 45 minutes in traffic, seems prepared in a clean environment. I live in deep south Bangalore where many outfits don't deliver, but these guys did; apparently they have a kitchen in JP Nagar.

I really, really hope they don't go out of business.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:38   #4209
Senior - BHPian

With the online shopping festival going on on various ecommerce sites, I decided to go with the flow and ordered a few things from Amazon - largely because the products I wanted either didn't sell on Flipkart or the prices were simply higher than Amazon.

So far I have ordered Stanley's socket set which includes screwdriver bits as well as sockets, a ratchet handle and extension bars and universal joints, then diapers and wipes for my baby and today morning a Resqtech hand pump car washer arrived.

So far the experience on the shopping front and the delivery front has been outstanding. There's just one more item I have ordered last week which hasn't yet arrived. But then the estimated delivery date is still a couple of days away.

There was the usual apprehension about the quality of the products, but so far all products have been genuine. The Pampers diapers are actually better than the one we get in the neighbouring medical store - not to mention significantly cheaper.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:40   #4210
BHPian

Freshmenu might not last for long, i really love their apple pie/cake.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49177345.cms
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:45   #4211
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart is still ahead of Amazon in some of the basic features of its software, such as search filtering.

Amazon is the worldwide leader: one would have thought that thy should be able to rival Google in search technology, especially as they only need to do it for items available on their site.
Old 3rd November 2015, 02:42   #4212
BHPian

Bad experience from the earth's most customer centric company (as claimed in their mail), Amazon .
October 27th ordered three items from Amazon.
1. Karbonn titanium Mach five, an amazon fulfilled item sent through their in-house courier ATS.

2. Glass screen guard for Lumia 730 sent through India post.

3. Glass screen guard for Karbonn sent through DTDC.

On Nov 2nd, around 11am I received their SMS that Karbonn phone is out for delivery and I received that sms thrice quoting their delivery guy's number. As per telephonic conversation, the guy correctly located the address and informed that he will deliver it by 7pm. I waited till 6pm, but that package never arrived. I tried calling the delivery guy's number and it was switched off. Finally at 9.20pm, I received a mail and Sms that no one was there in the address to deliver the package which is false. I promptly called up their customer care number and lodged a complaint. Did not expect this from Amazon and their ATS.

Most funny part is, the glass screen guard for Lumia 730, which was sent through India post was delivered at around 1.30pm to my home address without much fuss.

Now waiting fingers crossed to see how this situation evolves.
Old 3rd November 2015, 05:04   #4213
Senior - BHPian

@drdeepudev, this is a common tactic for them to delay deliveries.they would still be in their stipulated time period. nothing you can do but to butter his hands.

regards,
govigov
Old 3rd November 2015, 06:26   #4214
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazon Seller sends me some junk jewellry instead of a DSLR

Quote:
I have been a regular Online shopper from Flipkart, Snapdeal, Ebay & Amazon.

For the first time I now have a problem. I had bought a DSLR camera from a seller on Amazon (Not Amazon fulfilled). After delivery, the package was found to contain some junk jewelry instead of the camera. On contacting the seller, he responded back saying that he did dispatch the camera .

Incidentally the size of the package and the weight recorded on the label clearly prove that a camera was not inside the package. Fortunately for me the seller has used the Amazon in house ATS for delivery. If he had used any other 2nd/3rd grade couriers with poor documentation it would have been a tough task for me to prove my case.

I have raised a dispute under the Amazon A2Z guarantee and expect a resolution in my favor (hopefully).

The lessons are never to buy an expensive product unless it is fulfilled by Amazon or similar in house programme from Flipkart !!.

This risk could potentially strike the death knell of online shopping. !!
Ever since Snapdeal messed up on two of my orders consecutively!!
Sending me wrong stuff both of the times and then taking ages to arrange a replacement(2nd time actually, replacement was faster and kudos to their customer care team!)

(2nd time I had actually ordered a car cover which comes in a large box, they delivered a tiny packet containing some automotive relays!! LOL (Unfortunately, I wasn't home)
When the reverse pickup guy came, he was kinda bewildered that it was written 'car cover' and I was handing him some relays! )

I have now stopped ordering from them altogether and now whenever I shop from Amazon etc. I ask the delivery guy to open it then and there, and I verify the contents before taking delivery.

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd November 2015 at 06:27.
Old 3rd November 2015, 06:49   #4215
BHPian

Quote:
It's a good buy. My kids are still using the iPad 1... My friend picked this up two weeks ago for 400 in Chicago so very good price!
Thanks for the advise. I am a bit concerned about picking it up in US and facing warranty claims in India. How does apple work on warranty aspects of its product ? Do I need to purchase any additional warranty ?

By the way, purchase discussion is on Ipad Mini 2 and not on Mini 3 or 4.

Expecting to hear from you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks