Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 23:49   #4276
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Amazon wins this round for me. Had ordered a pair of shoes on 6th on flipkart. Still being processed. OTOH, had ordered a pair of running shoes on Amazon as part of their lightning sale on 9th. It has already reached me. Amazon logistics seems to be on a roll.
Second that. I picked up stuff worth 5k (everything off the lightning deal) ranging from Umbro shoes for 650 to Marvel Kids TShirts at 99 and 120 etc.

Flawless execution. The updates were prompt. The delivery was on time (infact before the promised date). I even scheduled replacement/return for a couple of items and they were also completed within a week. The refunded money already sitting in my account - all this in a couple of days!

Would you believe it! 10/10 for Amazon this Diwali sale. I must have hardly opened the Flipkart app to verify some prices for similar products and hands down Lightning deals on some products were really worth it.
Old 12th November 2015, 01:00   #4277
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I thought that the google thing would come down to advertising revenue or collection of data for ad targeting etc etc.

I am ignorant about these things, partly because of having no technical web/web-marketing knowledge, but also because, for better or worse, and excepting a very, very few sites, I just block advertising. I never see it.

I'm assuming that a trader such as Flipkart does not carry advertising for any other party? But that Google is still interested in what we may be browsing on shopping sites?
Old 12th November 2015, 10:56   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm assuming that a trader such as Flipkart does not carry advertising for any other party? But that Google is still interested in what we may be browsing on shopping sites?
Yes they are very much interested.

For example,

You use Chrome browser, an Android phone, and android smartwatch.
Every web page you visit (be it for shopping, travelling, business, pleasure), every thing you search in google, any place you visit (gps), all is recorded. Its all just to bring targeted advertisement to you. The more the Ad appeals to you the more likely you are to click on it. You click on it and google makes money. Its very smart of Google.
Old 12th November 2015, 11:58   #4279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Recently wanted some furniture for home. UrbanLadder says they do not deliver to the Pincode that i stay so had no choice to order from Pepperfry. Bought a sofa and bed. Both came damaged. Logged complaints with Pepperfry.

Their options:

1) Will give 30% and 60% on sofa and bed respectively, continue to use the damaged products.
2) Log a refund request - Refund will take place between 2-4 weeks. They do not have a replacement policy or cannot arrange the broken part to fix the problem !

Meantime ordered a coffee table from Mebelkart. Their pricing was good, and though longer delivery time, they honoured the date. However, the product has damages at mutliple places. Their customer service do not bother to respond so i have to live with it. Since the table isnt costly i am not going to pursue this further.

Terribly disappointed with online furniture site. Now i am really apprehensive to try again. I see ebay got some good deals but not sure.
Never buy furniture online. I have bought 3-4 items from ebay. Not a single item had been delivered with out transit damage.
Old 12th November 2015, 12:11   #4280
Distinguished - BHPian

Very impressed with Amazon and starting to get disappointed with flipkart.

Order 3 items from amazon and they were shipped from Pune, Mumbai and Hyderabad respectively. All of them delivered within 48 hours of placing order. OTOH, a package from flipkart originating at chennai reached me 4 days after placing order!

I can say that Amazon has trumped FK in turn around time! Their logistics is simply awesome! Not to mention their pricing was better than FK on all three products

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 12th November 2015 at 12:13.
Old 12th November 2015, 12:35   #4281
Lij
BHPian

Ordered Moto E (4G) from Amazon late Sunday night, delivery day was for Thursday, received on Tuesday itself.

Although being an Amazon fulfilled order, the packing didn't have bubble wrap inside, but no damage to the item,so all good. Also delivering within 50% of the expected delivery time and that too during the peak Diwali season gives a big to Amazon.
Old 12th November 2015, 19:52   #4282
BHPian

I ordered 5 items Monday night at 8:30 pm from Amazon. Two were delivered Tuesday at 4 pm (shipped from Cloudtail's Hoskote facility). Two arrived today. The last item is in transit. Talk about fast!
Old 13th November 2015, 16:41   #4283
MCR
BHPian

Had Ordered One Plus 2 yesterday (12.11) night @ 10.30 PM. It reached me today (13.11) morning at 10.11 AM. I had selected one day delivery (before 8.00 PM) option during checkout. That's blazing fast!

One the other hand, Product I had ordered on Flipkart (a Washing Machine) also reached me in one day. The seller was WS retail. My experience has been that anything ordered from WS retail has considerably less delivery time.
Old 13th November 2015, 21:03   #4284
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible experience with Flipkart w.r.t. a washing machine to be delivered to relatives at Madurai. Ordered, time went by and no sign of delivery. Escalated to customer support to no avail. Then one fine day order is canceled due to courier issues. No sign of refund either. Very disappointing!

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th November 2015 at 21:05. Reason: Autocorrect!
Old 13th November 2015, 21:59   #4285
BHPian

Tried out ebay offer today.
My dumb luck, bought a 1TB hard drive for 1,300/-
I never have such luck, infact always used to return empty handed at Mi flash sales.

Now hope Ebay delivers.

The Online Shopping Thread-capture12345.jpg

BTW also second the faster Amazon delivery comments and the slower Flipkart deliveries.
Add to that Snapdeal have terrible terrible return policy when it comes to furnitures.
Go local or Urban ladder/Pepperfry for your furnitures.

Last edited by johannskaria : 13th November 2015 at 22:02.
Old 13th November 2015, 23:05   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
My dumb luck, bought a 1TB hard drive for 1,300/-

Now hope Ebay delivers.
Wow. That is one of the sweetest deals every!

Also, the seller has an amazing feedback score of 99.6%, chances are, it'll definitely reach you.

Tell us though, what sale was this?
Old 13th November 2015, 23:55   #4287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Wow. That is one of the sweetest deals every!

Also, the seller has an amazing feedback score of 99.6%, chances are, it'll definitely reach you.

Tell us though, what sale was this?
Some 'Ebay buy it or hold' offer.
Just came through it when I was browsing fb
Old 14th November 2015, 08:22   #4288
BHPian

Recently I had ordered a Philips toaster from Flipkart. I had an option to pay 90/- extra for next day delivery which I did not opt for as I was in no hurry. But, surprise, the Toaster popped up at my doorstep the next day anyway! Sometimes Flipkart surpasses itself.
Old 14th November 2015, 12:23   #4289
Senior - BHPian

My wife discovered this gem - www.freshtohome.com. They home deliver fish (and now chicken) in Bangalore from Kochi. Delivery is on D+2. My wife is super-impressed by the quality of their product and the attention to detail in cleaning, cutting and packaging. She wholeheartedly recommends this site to all non-vegetarians.
Old 14th November 2015, 18:30   #4290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
. My wife is super-impressed by the quality of their product and the attention to detail in cleaning, cutting and packaging.
Nope. I'm not taking that one online. I'm super-impressed by Ms Vasanthi, who delivers, cuts and cleans our fish. She would fillet it, but I do a better job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks