Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 13:55   #3526
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Had ordered wipers for my Zen from Amazon.
I received them folded inside the small plastic bag.
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20150707_081757.jpg

So, the wipers do not rest properly on the windshield (there is small gap between the rubber and the glass).

Not happy.

Somehow the size also seems inappropriate. I ordered 20/17, and it said Zen in the title. But it seems both the wipers almost touch each other when at rest.
Old 7th July 2015, 17:40   #3527
BHPian

There are reports going around the InterWeb saying that Flipkart is going to be an app only service come September. Flipkart owned Myntra has already followed this route for a few months now.

Is going app only a good thing? I dunno, I did use the website quite a lot.
Old 7th July 2015, 19:13   #3528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I received them folded inside the small plastic bag.
Based on the packaging, it doesn't seem to be Amazon Fulfilled. I almost never order anything that is not fulfilled by Amazon, since that means its the seller who handles customer service. You can get in touch with the seller, and if they don't resolve, you can escalate to Amazon.

Quote:
Somehow the size also seems inappropriate. I ordered 20/17, and it said Zen in the title. But it seems both the wipers almost touch each other when at rest.
Did you compare old vs. new for a size difference? I tend to check the size by measuring, or from reputed brands like Hella's or Bosch's website. In any case, determine the correct size and then contact the seller, both for the bent wiper and the right size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
There are reports going around the InterWeb saying that Flipkart is going to be an app only service come September. Flipkart owned Myntra has already followed this route for a few months now.
If that happens, then all I can say is 'Hello Amazon!' My Myntra impulse purchases have stopped since they went app-only. My wallet will thank Flipkart if they too go app-only
Old 7th July 2015, 19:25   #3529
BANNED

Quote:
I received them folded inside the small plastic bag. Not happy.
Same case here, buddy. I tried two sets of these wipers named G.M Enterprise but none of them fit correctly hence chucked the wipers and reverted to stock ones for 500 bucks a pair and it is peace in rain.

The Online Shopping Thread-20140809_123546.jpg

Look at the yellow arrow in the two pictures:
The Online Shopping Thread-20140811_154546.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140811_154714.jpg
Old 7th July 2015, 19:50   #3530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
The constant glow and the blink don't have much difference between them!

Good you got the bank so quick. Someone else I know ordered the same bank and still waiting for delivery! Once the bank is fully charged do the lights stop blinking? If it does this then everything is working as it should. On the back side of the bank you should see a small sticker with a bar-code and some numbers. This is used to validate the warranty.
Make sure nothing happens to this. Stick some transparent tape to protect this.

Quote:

So, the wipers do not rest properly on the windshield (there is small gap between the rubber and the glass).

Not happy.

The wipers look the correct size, if they are touching each other then they are too big for your car. The driver side can stay 20", I would get a smaller passenger size wiper. 15-16". The smaller wiper looks damaged.
The Online Shopping Thread-wipers.jpg

Was this an Amazon fulfilled order? If it was return it and ask for a refund.

Quote:

What is with this sudden app only B.S that companies are going for? How can they compare shopping on a small 4-5" (phone screen) to a large 14-24" Notebook/desktop Screen? Shopping on a mobile device spoils the fun of shopping online! To date I have never made a purchase online using my mobile device and never will. If Flipkart wants to go the app only way then its time to bid farewell. I wont be renewing my Flipkart first subscription which will be expiring end of the month.
Just waiting for Amazon prime to start in India.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 7th July 2015 at 19:51.
Old 7th July 2015, 20:06   #3531
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Flipkart is indeed planning to go the app only way from September:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1/449691.html

This means a decent number of their customers would simply go away.

This comment by one guy sums it up for me:

Quote:
I shall stop buying from Flipkart if they go app only. I don't want to install their app on my phone and let Flipkart spy on me.
Well said!

The report states that the folks at Myntra (a Flipkart subsidiary) knew they were going to lose 10% of their customers by going the app only way, yet they chose to do it and lose them.

It may be more than 10% for Flipkart (perhaps up to 20% or even 25% - my guess based on the range of products), yet they are also planning to do the same.

All I can say is Jeff Bezos and his team are quite lucky, as the rival team have decided that it's time to score an own-goal.

Last edited by RSR : 7th July 2015 at 20:12.
Old 7th July 2015, 20:16   #3532
BHPian

Quote:

More sales to Amazon.in. I have shopped recently at Myntra (the app), and it is a pain. Flipkart is shooting itself in the foot.

Last edited by civic-sense : 7th July 2015 at 20:17.
Old 7th July 2015, 20:19   #3533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Flipkart is shooting itself in the foot.
+1

Would be a really moronic decision on Flipkart's part.
Old 7th July 2015, 20:50   #3534
BHPian

Flipkart is turning stale these days; I realized once I remembered I hadn't ordered anything in the last few months. Amazon has better return policies for exchanges and refunds. The EGV's I get gifted don't work because WS Retail sells almost nothing anymore. Also, they don't sell half the products Amazon does. I need a power toothbrush, nope. Snacks, mouthwash, car bits? Nope.
Then, half their stuff is marked up anyway. In fact, I just go there once a while to compare prices and if Flipkart is the authorized seller and WS retail or a Advantage seller sells them, I get free shipping because of the First membership I purchased last year. Not re-subscribing. App-only? See you
Old 7th July 2015, 21:03   #3535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
Flipkart is turning stale these days; I realized once I remembered I hadn't ordered anything in the last few months. Amazon has better return policies for exchanges and refunds. The EGV's I get gifted don't work because WS Retail sells almost nothing anymore. Also, they don't sell half the products Amazon does. I need a power toothbrush, nope. Snacks, mouthwash, car bits? Nope.
Then, half their stuff is marked up anyway. In fact, I just go there once a while to compare prices and if Flipkart is the authorized seller and WS retail or a Advantage seller sells them, I get free shipping because of the First membership I purchased last year. Not re-subscribing. App-only? See you
Flipkart kind of profiled my first account as a high risk customer who cancels orders (this was the time of the first Mi3 flash sale, orders were getting cancelled due to their fault) speaking to customer care, escalating these issues never solved the problem.

Created a second account and things were somewhat rosy. Recently I ordered couple of phone cases, 2 days later the order was cancelled due to high demand!! It seems Flipkart doesn't want my business anymore. I'll be glad not to give them any, ever again!
Old 7th July 2015, 21:58   #3536
BHPian

Sad to see Flipkart service go this way. When they started I was glad that something similar to amazon has opened in India, in terms of the quality of service. The recent incidents that I hear are not the same anymore. And also moving into a app only mode is going to be the final straw for me to move away from flipkart!!
Old 7th July 2015, 22:25   #3537
Senior - BHPian

Another sad commentary of an Indian company going nowhere after a promising start. The management is yet to come up with a convincing argument for shutting down the website. I don't buy the argument this is to cut costs. i am sure with better technologies you can maintain data bases across platforms with no incremental expenses, if not that shows your technical incompetence.
Good bye Flipkart..!! This move is going to cost you heavily.

Last edited by poloman : 7th July 2015 at 22:32.
Old 8th July 2015, 03:29   #3538
Senior - BHPian

^Flipkart isn't really an Indian company anymore. It's at best an Indian managed company.
Flipkart ruined Myntra. Stopped going there since. App only was the last straw.
Will not bother with flipkart once it goes app only. Their prices are higher and service standard lower. All those very highly paid employees don't seem to be helping their case.
Old 8th July 2015, 12:16   #3539
BHPian

I cannot understand why would Flipkart do such a thing - knowing that such a move will dent their revenues (and their valuation) which is what these start ups care about? I have never tried shopping from mobile app because I am very much satisfied shopping from my laptop/desktop.
Old 8th July 2015, 13:54   #3540
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, maybe, just maybe Flipkart is going to be bought out by someone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks