Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2015, 09:42   #3556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Fabfurnish is a horrible site. My wife bought some stuff and it came damaged. They simply washed their hands off it. Thankfully it was an insignificant amount. However that was the last straw for me as far as the site is concerned. Please stay away from this horrible site. The attitude of the CEO shows and I guess it percolates down the organization. They won't last very long.
Avoid Fabfurnish for now: http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Lo...awal-quit.html

Frankly they were a lot better earlier and actually one of the trendsetters especially for furniture and home décor items. But they completely mucked up my last order including charging my card twice, messing up the refund process, no communication between call center and back-end teams, lack of formal communication via emails and lastly a delayed delivery of the product without adequate updates on their Fabone in-house courier website.

It needed more than 10 calls from me to resolve the issue. Only reason I hung was that we got the item at a pretty low price and we wanted it to complete that particular room's décor.
Old 9th July 2015, 13:18   #3557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Maybe you should retweet that tagging some popular news outlets that cover new-gen businesses (Medianama, Firstpost, Nextbigwhat) and people (Mahesh Murthy, Rahul Yadav (!) etc.).
Thanks for the nudge. I guess I should do that. Not many people will visit the site if they know this is how the top guy speaks to someone who gives him business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Reading your ordeal, I have faith that this is their trend!!
Oh boy, was your order prepaid or COD? I think with COD we still have some cushion. Reading so many bad experiences here, I think this is a site we should stay away from.
Old 9th July 2015, 13:22   #3558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Oh boy, was your order prepaid or COD? I think with COD we still have some cushion. Reading so many bad experiences here, I think this is a site we should stay away from.
It was paid online & hence the worry.

They have confirmed delivery by tomorrow or else we decline the delivery when it arrives and cancel the order. But going by the experiences here, I am more than sure that they would not keep up to their promise this time as well.
Old 9th July 2015, 14:02   #3559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It was paid online & hence the worry.

They have confirmed delivery by tomorrow or else we decline the delivery when it arrives and cancel the order. But going by the experiences here, I am more than sure that they would not keep up to their promise this time as well.
You can as well raise a stop payment claim with your CC provider providing the details
Old 9th July 2015, 16:19   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You can as well raise a stop payment claim with your CC provider providing the details

Do stop payments work in India? Is that protection available here? I know we can dispute but wasn't aware we can prevent paying a supplier after making an authorized payment online.
Old 9th July 2015, 19:26   #3561
Senior - BHPian

I had ordered an item from Aliexpress. Item has been shipped with tracking number and I can track it via track-trace.com/post.
However, the tracking data is only till the point where parcel has left Beijing.
Now, if I use the same tracking number and select domestic tracking for India via that website or via India Post (http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/), it gives me the same update upto 30 June only.

What could I do to request a status update?
Old 9th July 2015, 19:31   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I had ordered an item from Aliexpress. Item has been shipped with tracking number and I can track it via track-trace.com/post.
However, the tracking data is only till the point where parcel has left Beijing.
Now, if I use the same tracking number and select domestic tracking for India via that website or via India Post (http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/), it gives me the same update upto 30 June only.

Use 17track. It combines both and shows you the latest update. Ypu can even drill down to individual updates from either sites.

If your status has not updated since 30June, its either in transit or reached the destination port and awaiting to be processed by customs.
Old 9th July 2015, 19:32   #3563
BANNED

Quote:

Did you try this website?

17Track
Old 9th July 2015, 20:06   #3564
BHPian

Quote:

I was in the same boat without updates anywhere in any sites mentioned above. 2 shipments from aliexpress. Almost 2 months passed and I had given up on those 2 shipments. Got 'em both this week. May be there was a major pile up at arrival customs to cause a lot of back log. Not sure.
Old 9th July 2015, 20:48   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Avoid Fabfurnish for now: http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Lo...awal-quit.html

It needed more than 10 calls from me to resolve the issue. Only reason I hung was that we got the item at a pretty low price and we wanted it to complete that particular room's décor.
Amazed to hear bad things about Fabfurnish. I have in the past ordered alot from them and have nothing but good words for them. My sofa set was shipped in 5 days flat without a scratch on it. My study tables, coffee tables also are from FF. I have not placed an order in the recent 3-4 months but it is not enterprising to hear bad about them so early.
Old 9th July 2015, 20:53   #3566
Distinguished - BHPian

Trust me, even my wife and me were totally astonished at their basic incompetency! We have always patronized them and now feel concerned about using them for furniture. The small stuff is still pretty good from them.
Old 9th July 2015, 21:09   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Yes - usually means that they are in transit, and/or in customs and have not yet been accepted by the relevant postal sorting office in india.
Old 9th July 2015, 21:14   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Do stop payments work in India? Is that protection available here? I know we can dispute but wasn't aware we can prevent paying a supplier after making an authorized payment online.
Yes, they do work. I recently had an issue with an ebay seller and raised a dispute with ebay. ebay mentioned (in a chat with their customer rep) that they will refund the money, but they never did. I raised the issue with my CC issuer (ICICI in this case) and sent them all the details. ICICI did credit back the amount to my account, I guess sharing all the details made it easy for them to close it in my favour. I am not sure what conversations happened between ICICI and ebay though.

You cannot prevent the payment from going thru, but your card issuer will refund the amount if the claim is found to be valid.
Old 10th July 2015, 09:25   #3569
Distinguished - BHPian

An Update about my FabFurnish order

After a lot of emails back and forth, they have agreed to refund my order amount. I had sent them screenshots of the tweets and post on this thread describing the negative rapport they are slowly building in the online shopping space.

This is one site I will never go back to. Even for small stuff.

Now that I compare my 2 bad experiences, PepperFry was a lot more responsive and upfront about the whole thing. They even refunded me about 1k as the price dropped after my purchase.
Old 10th July 2015, 20:52   #3570
BHPian

Bought a 3M helmet cleaner from Amazon at a discounted price of Rs.166 from the listed price of Rs.175. Got the product delivered today and when checked the MRP printed on the can is Rs.149. Did not expect this from the seller cloudtail which is Amazon itself. Is it not illegal to sell a product above MRP? The Online Shopping Thread-1436541357193.jpgThe Online Shopping Thread-1436541342967.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks