Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 00:13   #4381
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Looks like Amazon has a good deal ongoing today:

Quote:
Dear Customers,
Just two and a half years from our launch, Amazon.in has become the most visited e-commerce site in India. This customer response continues to amaze and energize us.
To celebrate and thank customers for their confidence in us, we are happy to announce an Amazon.in gift card of Rs. 200 for all customers who shop on Amazon.in today*.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:58   #4382
BHPian

Note to Mods: I had posted this message in a wrong forum (Android thread). Posting in correct thread.

Has anybody bought high value item (abt 20k) from aliexpress. How does customs work out. I am planning to get a mobile from there and the delivery is free. Shopping method mentioned is 'Aliexpress Standard Shipping'. Do they always declare a low value for such cases?
Old 15th December 2015, 19:42   #4383
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered three cameras (DVR for car) via Gearbest. All three were in separate consignments.
Two of them from NL post were delivered after around 1 month.
The third one was with Sweden post and is still with customs.
Retention reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner as of 21 November.

I am not sure what customs is going to do about it.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:17   #4384
BHPian

Took the plunge and placed my first order for some Aukey stuff at AliExpress. Order total was USD 38.14. Hope I don't have any Customs issues. I got an email that purchase protection would end on January 23. I guess if my order doesn't get to me before then I better scream.
Old 16th December 2015, 17:14   #4385
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone using industrybuying.com here?
Its a GODsend for DIYers, seriously. I've used them for 6-7 orders now, and am extremely giddyabout the prices and deliveries.
Trust me, if youre any level of a grease monkey, beginner to expert, your bound to empty out your bank reserves here.
Old 16th December 2015, 17:28   #4386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Anyone using industrybuying.com here?
Its a GODsend for DIYers, seriously. I've used them for 6-7 orders now, and am extremely giddyabout the prices and deliveries.
Trust me, if youre any level of a grease monkey, beginner to expert, your bound to empty out your bank reserves here.
I think you will more or less end up with a similar feeling at Tolexo as well!
Old 16th December 2015, 19:34   #4387
Senior - BHPian

A quick query about firstcry.com . Is there any difference between shopping on the app and their desktop website with respect to prices, coupons and discounts.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:31   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
A quick query about firstcry.com . Is there any difference between shopping on the app and their desktop website with respect to prices, coupons and discounts.
Normally there is a higher discount on the app. I always use the desktop to select and simply pay using the app - and then uninstall it
Old 17th December 2015, 11:25   #4389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
If you are buying anything branded (Like Chicco Graco, etc), try the regular e-commerce alternatives like Amazon / Flipkart / Snapdeal / Paytm, where discounts are huge.

I find FirstCry (store & online) very expensive, with discounts which looks like peanuts. It is a competitive world and I find it surprising how these stores are surviving !!
Old 17th December 2015, 12:04   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
If you are buying anything branded (Like Chicco Graco, etc), try the regular e-commerce alternatives like Amazon / Flipkart / Snapdeal / Paytm, where discounts are huge.

I find FirstCry (store & online) very expensive, with discounts which looks like peanuts. It is a competitive world and I find it surprising how these stores are surviving !!
Agreed. But some of the items are not consistently available on Amazon, have not even looked at FK, Snapdeal, Paytm for products related to Children as those are really limited whenever I tried to search. So now its either Amazon or First Cry.

Example: KLF Virgin Coconut Oil.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:19   #4391
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the help with firstcry. I ordered an item using the desktop site and a coupon and paid 349 (499-150) for a single bed cover with pillow cover. Didn't check the app.
Old 18th December 2015, 10:16   #4392
Distinguished - BHPian

People, I've not been able to cover my watched threads post by post for the past couple of weeks due to flooding problems, so excuse me if this has been been covered --- I'm trying to catch up!

I thought Flipkart had relented on their App-only policy, but if I go to their site on my tablet, it tells me that I must use the app. So, they never changed that unpopular-with-many decision?

If I ever have to buy from a mobile I will install it and then remove it. I will not put up with their intrusive permissions and never ending notifications!

Anyway, I prefer Amazon these days, but I might have to buy a Flipkart-only phone.
Old 18th December 2015, 10:41   #4393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
People, I've not been able to cover my watched threads post by post for the past couple of weeks due to flooding problems, so excuse me if this has been been covered --- I'm trying to catch up!

I thought Flipkart had relented on their App-only policy, but if I go to their site on my tablet, it tells me that I must use the app. So, they never changed that unpopular-with-many decision?

If I ever have to buy from a mobile I will install it and then remove it. I will not put up with their intrusive permissions and never ending notifications!

Anyway, I prefer Amazon these days, but I might have to buy a Flipkart-only phone.
It's still a bit here or there, but they've done worse on another front. All sizeable discounts/offers are now app-only more often than not, so even if a product if available on their website, users are still forced onto the app for VFM deals.

My Moto G3 came with the annoying Flipkart app pre-installed. I keep it disabled except the few minutes I need it to transact (which is becoming rarer as I've moved to Amazon too).
Old 18th December 2015, 12:39   #4394
BHPian

I've refused to install these types of spying apps on my phone. We just retired an older smartphone, and I factory reset it and cleaned it out. Now Ola, Uber, et al live on it. They can spy on it all they want, the most they'll get is my email ID, which they would know anyway. No contacts, no call-logs, no text messages! The only downside is that I'll have to lug two phones in the odd event I'm not using my car. But I'd rather do that than part with my privacy.
Old 18th December 2015, 13:12   #4395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I've refused to install these types of spying apps on my phone. We just retired an older smartphone, and I factory reset it and cleaned it out. Now Ola, Uber, et al live on it. They can spy on it all they want, the most they'll get is my email ID, which they would know anyway. No contacts, no call-logs, no text messages! The only downside is that I'll have to lug two phones in the odd event I'm not using my car. But I'd rather do that than part with my privacy.
Android Marshmallow allows you to individually select permissions an app can have. I have revoked pretty much all apps permission to look at my location, contacts, camera, messages etc. As an SOP now after I install an app and before launching it for the first time I ensure it doesn't have any permission I don't wish it to have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks