Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 16:06   #3871
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have 2 small aliexpress shipments that are stuck in Kolkata Airport Customs - one from early July and another from mid August.
Should I be writing to someone for clearance of these items or contact the seller for a refund ?
Same is the case with me.

Have a small package that has been delivered to India on 30th July.

The tracking of Yenwen ends after the shipment reaches India.
Now, am stuck as I have no track of the shipment.

Opened a dispute and Aliexpress simply increased the Protection timeline.

Yet, no sight of the package.
Old 8th September 2015, 21:02   #3872
BHPian

For India Post related problems try this number 1800112200 - this is the helpline of International mail centre. I have no experience with them. Just saw the number outside a post office and posted. All the China/HK/SG post are delivered through India Post only.
Old 8th September 2015, 23:43   #3873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Nice. Good decision
The S4 is a good phone, so it deserves a good battery too
I am hoping that the battery drain issue (or swelling issue) is NOT due to the phone itself. If anyone has faced similar issues, please help. My phone is out of warranty and I cannot bear a 1200 rupee loss (college kid with a tight pocket money) if the Samsung battery also turns out to be problematic on the phone. If there seems to a problem in the phone, I would better correct that first instead of swelling up my new battery.

Refund is in process, BTW.

Last edited by vin11 : 8th September 2015 at 23:45.
Old 9th September 2015, 01:08   #3874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I mis-ordered a printer from snapdeal last week. The reverse logistics was unbelievable. requested Sunday noon, picked up Monday afternoon, and refunded Wed morning!

Hats off to their team.
I had a similar experience with Amazon as well. I ordered a mixer grinder. When it was delivered, I found one of the jars was not working correctly and asked for return and refund. The guys came next day and picked it up and the refund was credited back immediately, even before they would have received the item in their warehouse. However I have seen issues with delivery times i my last 3 orders with them, all of them being called as "picked up by wrong courier agency".
Old 9th September 2015, 07:33   #3875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I had a similar experience with Amazon as well. I ordered a mixer grinder. When it was delivered, I found one of the jars was not working correctly and asked for return and refund. The guys came next day and picked it up and the refund was credited back immediately, even before they would have received the item in their warehouse. However I have seen issues with delivery times i my last 3 orders with them, all of them being called as "picked up by wrong courier agency".
I am still waiting on my first Amazon Return experience.
The courier fellow picked up the return item on Friday. When asked what courier, he said he was from Amazon Transportation. He gave me a return label with all details and barcode. It was mentioned as ATSPL or something (Amazon transportation....).

The catch here is that the seller is not Amazon fulfilled. So I am unsure now when shall I get back my money.
Upon checking Amazon website for Refund status, there isn't an option to check return tracking, although Amazon help says that there would be a button for return tracking.

So basically I am waiting since Friday for a refund.

Anyone has any experience with retrun from Non-Amazon-Fulfilled sellers ?
Old 9th September 2015, 09:44   #3876
Distinguished - BHPian

All the orders originating from China,HK(Aliexpress, Banggood, DX etc) come through kolkota . Maybe the large volume of incoming parcels are the reason behind delay.

Parcels originating from Singapore are routed through Madras. Parcels from Europe come through New Delhi.

I have found Singapore post to be highly efficient for two reasons - They ship the items fast. By fast i mean, really fast. You are looking at a turn around time of around 5-7 days between you placing the order and the order reaching Indian shore. Secondly, the madras post/customs also process the parcel and forward it very fast.

Many sellers on Aliexpress offer an option of Singapore post in free shipping options. Choose that whenever available. Shipping through china post is the slowest. Honk kong post is somewhat better.
Old 9th September 2015, 09:50   #3877
BHPian

Yesterday I had an initial hesitation by paytm to accept the return of a product as the support executive kept insisting I can return only if the product is damaged or if wrong item had been delivered. I exchanged three emails with her and finally just pasted their satisfaction guarantee promise and asked her if she is making up her own rules on the fly. Within an hour the return was accepted and will be picked up today.
Old 9th September 2015, 11:03   #3878
BHPian

Is Flipkart killing themselves? What they are upto. They have made App Only for few selections in Books & Media Categories and most of the items are sold by new sellers.

Most important is that I can't filter out sellers by Flipkart Advantage unlike Amazon.

From last six months 90% of my recent orders are going to Amazon.
Old 9th September 2015, 11:50   #3879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Most important is that I can't filter out sellers by Flipkart Advantage unlike Amazon
Use this third party Google Chrome extension - ExtensionFlipkart Advantage detector
Old 9th September 2015, 11:55   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Use this third party Google Chrome extension - ExtensionFlipkart Advantage detector
Thank you, I already use this extension. But why can't Flipkart implement the search filter directly in their website?
Old 9th September 2015, 14:19   #3881
Distinguished - BHPian

A good experience with Amazon.com: I realised that I had subscribed to Prime, that it had been almost a year back, and that it would auto-renew if I didn't unsubscribe.

I think I subscribed to a free trial to get next-day delivery of something that a friend was bringing from USA for me. Not sure now. Anyway, they had charged me US$90, which is a lot, and I certainly didn't want to pay that again.

As it turned out, I didn't have to pay it at all: I got an email confirming the cancellation, and telling me that I had not even used the service, so the entire amount would be refunded. Which, promptly, it was .
Old 9th September 2015, 22:49   #3882
Senior - BHPian

Just received a message from an AliExpress seller regarding tomorrow's Featured Brand Sale (Upto 50 percent off on selected Xiaomi products)

Xiaomi Yi Action Camera Basic Edition USD 69.99 and Travel Edition USD 89.99

The Online Shopping Thread-xiaomi-yi.jpg
Old 10th September 2015, 20:03   #3883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
I am hoping that the battery drain issue (or swelling issue) is NOT due to the phone itself. If anyone has faced similar issues, please help. My phone is out of warranty and I cannot bear a 1200 rupee loss (college kid with a tight pocket money) if the Samsung battery also turns out to be problematic on the phone. If there seems to a problem in the phone, I would better correct that first instead of swelling up my new battery.
Your 2nd battery seems to be having issues of its own compounding to the existing issues with the phone. The phone seems to be damaged after the swelling of the first battery.

How about taking it to the Samsung service centre for their opinion? They take somewhere between rs.100-300 for the assessment and you will know for sure whether or not the phone got damaged. Based on that, you can decide whether to go for a new battery or not.

Last edited by Pallavi : 10th September 2015 at 20:09.
Old 10th September 2015, 20:29   #3884
BANNED

To all who order stuff from AliExpress: while shopping, I have been asked by the seller to send a picture of my ID card (Photo and Name proof) as customs will be needing this. I was surprised seeing the request.

The value is $1.67.

I haven't sent the ID though but just posting.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:39   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
To all who order stuff from AliExpress: while shopping, I have been asked by the seller to send a picture of my ID card (Photo and Name proof) as customs will be needing this. I was surprised seeing the request.

The value is $1.67.

I haven't sent the ID though but just posting.

This is just not required. I have never been asked for this. I would not trust sending my identifiable information to someone I do not know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks