Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 17:22   #3811
Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

I would be really interested if you can actually test the capacity of the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I guess you're right, mom bought an AirFryer for Rs.2,650/- from PayTM. I checked AliExpress & it costs ~5,500/- even there!

So, I went ahead with the 13000mAH Ambrane Powerbank too.

(Links Underlined)

Meanwhile, my antenna from China arrived on Saturday (via the postman).
So, it took 60 days.

The antenna does not seem to improve the signal, but I will reserve the final judgement after testing it.
Old 24th August 2015, 17:48   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The antenna does not seem to improve the signal, but I will reserve the final judgement after testing it.
Is this a Wifi 9dbi antenna? For me it worked well. I bought it for my wireless security cameras and they were picking wifi signals from many houses away...
Old 24th August 2015, 17:58   #3813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hi....is that after using the Cashback option? Any reviews on the product you bought? Have been looking for one for my folks.
Yes thats after the 50% cashback option.

It was just ordered this afternoon. Can't find reviews online, but it looks like a replica of the Philips one.

Though AFAIK Air Fryers take a much longer time to cook stuff, I guess its a healthier option for anyone who needs to be cholesterol-conscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I would be really interested if you can actually test the capacity of the battery.
Sure. (Ordered coz someone online told me its decent). Will use & update here.

Personally, I'll be happy if it fully charges my phones 3100mAh battery atleast 2 - 2.5 times (coz while navigating, the GPS + 3G data usage consumes power like crazy!) .

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th August 2015 at 18:09.
Old 24th August 2015, 18:40   #3814
BHPian

I bought 7K worth of stuff from Amazon during the Republic Day Sale.
Anyone has a clue on what the cashback process for HDFC bank card is ?
Old 24th August 2015, 18:50   #3815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Are you sure it was the republic day (January) sale?

I had read that cashback amount will be returned in HDFC bank accounts. I had to order an item in January but dropped the plan as minimum purchase value was around 7500 bucks, IIRC.
Old 24th August 2015, 21:07   #3816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the terms listed on Amazon, the cash back will be credited to account by 12 November, for orders above 5k
Old 25th August 2015, 13:03   #3817
BHPian

Quote:
Checkout this page for T&C

https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custom...deId=201646090
Old 26th August 2015, 08:15   #3818
BHPian

Not sure this is the right thread. Move it at will.

I am using Airtel and for couple of months now do not get an signal in my iPhone 6 and 6+. Raised a complaint and their network engineers came and confirmed there is a signal drop inside my house. Unfortunately there is no way to optimize the signal and they are planning to erect a tower to get this resolved. 90 days minimum. Is there a signal booster/repeater i can purchase? Please help.
Old 26th August 2015, 10:55   #3819
Senior - BHPian

There are a few in the market but nothing that is particularly legal - and it is debatable whether having cellular boosters or even improperly shielded towers anywhere near you does your brain cells any good at all.

My advice would be to experiment to see which other cell carrier like vodafone, idea etc with a strong presence in your city has a usable signal inside your home, and port your number to that carrier.

If your house is constructed like a faraday cage and suppresses cell (and maybe also wifi) signals across the board then you just have to step outside to make your calls, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Not sure this is the right thread. Move it at will.

I am using Airtel and for couple of months now do not get an signal in my iPhone 6 and 6+. Raised a complaint and their network engineers came and confirmed there is a signal drop inside my house. Unfortunately there is no way to optimize the signal and they are planning to erect a tower to get this resolved. 90 days minimum. Is there a signal booster/repeater i can purchase? Please help.
Old 26th August 2015, 13:02   #3820
Senior - BHPian

Someone I know picked up a Samsung 23 inch LED TV for a little over 11K on flipkart, when I had scoured entire bangalore for the best deal and got 15,500 as best price. Online shopping is great.
Old 26th August 2015, 13:23   #3821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Someone I know picked up a Samsung 23 inch LED TV for a little over 11K on flipkart, when I had scoured entire bangalore for the best deal and got 15,500 as best price. Online shopping is great.
Tried SP Road ? 4 years back my LG 24" LED Monitor cost me ~10,400/- from there. It was used it as a TV with Tata Sky HD for a month in my office.

Rgds

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 26th August 2015 at 13:25.
Old 26th August 2015, 13:48   #3822
Senior - BHPian

Do remember that what turns up on flipkart might not be the exact same model - it is probably existing stocks of a previous year's model that need to be cleared out. It will still fit your purpose just fine if you don't mind buying an older model of the TV - after all HD is not an entirely new concept, and this year's model very likely has minimal changes over the previous year's model in any case. In other cases, buying from unknown sellers, it turns out to be a refurbished model with no guarantee.

It makes zero sense for any online retailer to sell at over 4..5k below the MRP for something that costs at the most 15K.
Old 26th August 2015, 15:33   #3823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There are a few in the market but nothing that is particularly legal
If your house is constructed like a faraday cage and suppresses cell (and maybe also wifi) signals across the board then you just have to step outside to make your calls, I guess.
It was working till couple of months back and then stopped all together. Airtel says its a technical issue and cant say why. Anyways, thankd for your input and its better to change carrier rather than trying to boost
Old 26th August 2015, 15:35   #3824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
It was working till couple of months back and then stopped all together. Airtel says its a technical issue and cant say why. Anyways, thankd for your input and its better to change carrier rather than trying to boost
This is a standard issue all across India - municipal, legal, RWA challenges have led to antennae / sites being dismantled and hence coverage falling.

Tower installation is typically under a fortnight, but the 90 days would involve finding someone in the neighborhood who can rent their premises for the antenna.
Old 26th August 2015, 15:47   #3825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Tower installation is typically under a fortnight, but the 90 days would involve finding someone in the neighborhood who can rent their premises for the antenna.
Yes, when complained in Twitter, they have informed the same and was also asking if i know any places to erect the tower in my locality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks