Senior - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Kyc is required by DHL and Fedex now.
Old 10th September 2015, 22:30   #3887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Isn't that during receipt of the courier?

Why is it required to be sent to seller.
Old 11th September 2015, 00:09   #3888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
To all who order stuff from AliExpress: while shopping, I have been asked by the seller to send a picture of my ID card (Photo and Name proof) as customs will be needing this.
That was required for Brazil or some other country. Not India.
Old 11th September 2015, 02:08   #3889
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Rather disappointed with a purchase made recently on "Whaaky.Com". It was for a couple of power banks - m1. The power banks were delivered but what were supposed to be 10400 mAh were barely 2000 mAh. They could not even charge my Samsung phone upto 25%.
When I tried getting a replacement / refund, I was met with a blank wall.
E-mails were not answered and it is impossible to get throughto the help line.
The one time I did I was put on hold and then disconnected.
Complaints to consumer forum have also had no response.
Luckily the amount involved was not large but it has made me more wary of these fly-by-night operators.

Stay away from Whaaky.com and a suggestion is to check reviews on that particular website before you buy.
I did this after my experience and found that they had duped several people the same way and with the same product.

Regards,
SS
Old 11th September 2015, 12:07   #3890
Senior - BHPian

While sending the identity card, make sure you black out important information such as number of PAN etc, and mark on the card using mspaint: 'FOR CUSTOMS VERIFICATION ONLY Date:so and so'.
Old 11th September 2015, 13:27   #3891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Hope it will atleast result in a faster clearance.
Old 11th September 2015, 15:28   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Most important is that I can't filter out sellers by Flipkart Advantage unlike Amazon.

From last six months 90% of my recent orders are going to Amazon...
Ditto my concern. I am a Flipkart First subscriber, despite that, I am buying mostly from Amazon now. WSRetail is selling too few categories now and there are very few other "Flipkart Advantage" sellers for rest of the categories. I don't look beyond these two types of sellers. I think they are trying to become an eBay / Snapdeal type marketplace. I stay away from both as far as possible.

-BJ
Old 11th September 2015, 15:37   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Ditto my concern. I am a Flipkart First subscriber, despite that, I am buying mostly from Amazon now. WSRetail is selling too few categories now and there are very few other "Flipkart Advantage" sellers for rest of the categories. I don't look beyond these two types of sellers. I think they are trying to become an eBay / Snapdeal type marketplace. I stay away from both as far as possible.

-BJ
Returning Items also has become a headache in Flipkart. Recently ordered a Moto G3 and it had defective earpiece. Flipkart asked me to install a App outside the Google Playstore and I refused. They straight away rejected my return. Without any other go I had to install their App by giving permissions in the Moto G3 security settings and I was surprised to see that they had a direct remote access for the Mobile Phone which I had in my hands.

Finally after few tests he approved for a exchange of new handset to refurbished Moto G3 (he didn't directly say it's refurbished but I could see that in the exchanged handset). So at the end of the day I paid full money for refurbished Moto G3.
Old 11th September 2015, 16:26   #3894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Returning Items also has become a headache in Flipkart. Recently ordered a Moto G3 and it had defective earpiece. Flipkart asked me to install a App outside the Google Playstore and I refused. They straight away rejected my return. Without any other go I had to install their App by giving permissions in the Moto G3 security settings and I was surprised to see that they had a direct remote access for the Mobile Phone which I had in my hands.

....Refurbished Moto G3 (he didn't directly say it's refurbished but I could see that in the exchanged handset). So at the end of the day I paid full money for refurbished Moto G3.
Wow, that is sick - on 2 levels! Firstly, that they check with an app outside of the Playstore and worst - that they send you a refurbished phone!

In the US, they would openly sell refurbished phones and devices for less. Here, they are being palmed off as replacements to new phones. Pathetic.
Old 11th September 2015, 16:57   #3895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally after few tests he approved for a exchange of new handset to refurbished Moto G3 (he didn't directly say it's refurbished but I could see that in the exchanged handset). So at the end of the day I paid full money for refurbished Moto G3.

They are basically installing a remote control app - FK is doing that maybe because a deep diagnosis may not be permitted by the App Store guidelines. They are good guys and are basically not going to do something like this unless its the only way.

Its a painless way for a deep diagnosis without wasting customer AND their time. As long as they host the app on their SECURE server (ensuring its identity), one shouldn't be perturbed.

That the replacement was refurbished is unacceptable IMHO.

Can you not file a consumer court case with proof? Then use social media and they'd rather come running to your doorstep to settle the issue.

If you've already tweeted it, please share the link and we'll all share and tag sachin bansal and other senior mgmt as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow, that is sick - on 2 levels! Firstly, that they check with an app outside of the Playstore and worst - that they send you a refurbished phone!

In the US, they would openly sell refurbished phones and devices for less. Here, they are being palmed off as replacements to new phones. Pathetic.
Agreed to the bold part. Its shameful.

EDIT: Has anyone shopped with www.housefull.co.in - sis wants to buy furniture from there. Feedback would be welcome.

Last edited by phamilyman : 11th September 2015 at 17:21.
Old 11th September 2015, 17:15   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That the replacement was refurbished is unacceptable IMHO.

Can you not file a consumer court case with proof? Then use social media and they'd rather come running to your doorstep to settle the issue.

If you've already tweeted it, please share the link and we'll all share and tag sachin bansal and other senior mgmt as well.
Yes, I could have done that or I could have also raised a request for refund. But I was rather happy with the delivered handset as it didn't had any issues. So didn't bother and its already more than a month now
Old 14th September 2015, 11:08   #3897
BHPian

Pepper Tap - Bangalore

My recent pathetic online shopping travails continue

This time it is Pepper Tap. Tried it, ordered it, paid online. Never reached me and the status was updated as delivered. I called the CC - shitty one at that, makes you wait an eternity, they told they will fix it in '24 hours' and I need not be worried or call them back.

When I called them this morning, well after 24 hours, they said sorry and someone will call me in 1 hour - Well its 1 hour since that deadline passed, nothing from them. I ordered 'because' they deliver in 2 hours or less, now its been a good day and a half.

Useless Customer Care - Stay away. If you do place an order, please do so with a COD.

@phamilyman : I have ordered from Housefull.co.in but only low value items. Do not order anything above 3k.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 14th September 2015 at 11:11.
Old 14th September 2015, 11:26   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
My recent pathetic online shopping travails continue
This time it is Pepper Tap.

Sad and they are placing full page ads with promises! I always do card on delivery with bigbasket and will continue to do so with any online vendor that provides COD. Thanks for the heads up as I was considering giving this new service a try!
Old 14th September 2015, 11:32   #3899
Senior - BHPian

Every Tom Dick and Harry is now in to online shopping app business..!! They can't even come up with a decent name. "Pepper Tap" What is that?? Most of these are just delivery services who just procure grocery from your nearest store, if I am right..
Old 14th September 2015, 11:40   #3900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Returning Items also has become a headache in Flipkart.
True that! My friend bought a Redmi 2 from Flipkart and paid upfront with his debit card on 19th August. Delivery was promised by 27th August. No phone in sight by 27th. However, the phone was delivered on 31st August with a delay in delivery communication. He thought it was end of this.

However, upon unpacking and starting the phone, it started behaving abnormally by restarting on its own at frequent intervals. He put up a request for replacement but FK offered to discuss the issue with Xiami tech person. The phone was updated and reset upon his advice which cost my friend money and time but did not help at all. Finally a pick up was scheduled after 7 days and even today there is no intimation of the shipping of replacement. The website has a disabled link to cancellation button. He has communicated his desire to cancel the order as it was too much to handle and get a refund to the FK customer care over phone but still no action has been taken.

Great going FK!

Last edited by saket77 : 14th September 2015 at 11:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks