Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 16:58   #3136
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Even if you do find the page, they will not honor it.
All I have to say -

Shoppersstop bungled 2 of my online orders as well.

It was for 2 boxers. They were supposed to be dark blue and black in colour.

What was I sent?

A yellow and a blue camouflage.

Needless to say,
Old 8th May 2015, 17:12   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
All I have to say -
Sadly I have paid for 2 other orders one worth 4k another worth 2k and both were delivered with totally irrelevant items inside. Am awaiting resolution from their incompetent support. Will never order from them again!!!
Old 8th May 2015, 17:55   #3138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Sadly I have paid for 2 other orders one worth 4k another worth 2k and both were delivered with totally irrelevant items inside. Am awaiting resolution from their incompetent support. Will never order from them again!!!
I hope this is better than what a friend of mine experienced on DHGate.

He ordered a chest shaping vest.

He got a nice, lacy, babydoll dress and lingerie named after a guitar string instead!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 8th May 2015 at 17:56.
Old 8th May 2015, 18:25   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
He got a nice, lacy, babydoll dress and lingerie named after a guitar string instead!
That can be pretty handy too
I ordered a dress for my wife and they delivered some sort of room scents. I took a video while opening up, so I think I should be able to reason with them. The other one was I ordered Beer mugs, but they delivered 3 whisky glasses instead of 4 mugs. This second one is obviously an attempt to delivery something to the customer hoping they will accept it.
I am awaiting resolution on both these situations with shoppersstop. I wouldnt ever recommend them to anyone at all. I wish they allow us to order and pick it instore, like Walmart and others do in the US.
Old 8th May 2015, 21:26   #3140
Team-BHP Support

Location of store: UK

Part purchased: OEM windshield ticket holder (link)

Part number: 1Z0 867 159 A

Price: 0.99 GBP

Shipping expenses: 4.99 USD

Shipped thru: Royal Mail UK (w/o tracking number)

Time taken for the shipment to turn up: 12 days

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150508_19_49_10_pro.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150508_19_50_26_pro.jpg

Recommended!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th May 2015 at 21:30.
Old 10th May 2015, 06:26   #3141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I remember TOI carrying reports of Myntra and Flipkart closing their website from the 1st of May?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well, it is 4th May, and Flipkart website is indeed very much alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
happens only when i try to access them using my smartphone When i login from PC, the website works just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
So it seems when Flipkart said that it would be only accessible via smartphone, it meant that it would be only accessible on smartphone Via the app, and not the mobile website. So in essence, they have only closed the Mobile website (m.flipkart.com).
Hmm, I too thought this was what was happening, but last night I received the following email from Myntra. The usage of the word 'desktop' is pretty definitive, and not 'browser'.
The Online Shopping Thread-myntra-9may2015.gif
I agree with Thad's sentiment - its a pain buying on the mobile. I wonder if Myntra want to move us away from the benefits of desktop (multiple tabs to compare prices/designs, cross-shopping on other sites) for that very reason!
Old 10th May 2015, 06:44   #3142
Senior - BHPian

^Oops! My parents are used to the 24" desktop monitor! They find the 5" mobile screen too small.

Asked 'em & they're happy to buying from B&M stores, "Get some exercise & also kill time the good old fashioned way...".

Goodbye Myntra (& possibly flipkart if they too plan the same).
Old 10th May 2015, 09:47   #3143
Senior - BHPian

I cannot quite understand why a E-Retailer would go completely app based.

I am sure they have thought of it as much as we have. But yet, if they decided to go app-only, surely, there must be something we are missing?

That said, app-only shopping is not for me. I like to see details on the big screen and snoop around for deals while looking. Looks like I will have to install an Android emulator on the PC!
Old 10th May 2015, 09:54   #3144
Senior - BHPian

I think Myntra moving to the app will be a disaster, the current version of their app cannot open the notifications that pop advertising their yet another discount sale. The advantage with the app is that you can control the display of negative feedback like their owners flipkart already do. I find mobile mobile based buying works only if you know exactly what you are getting, or the item in question is basic, like a USB or aux cable. The desktop version makes it easier to go through all the negative feedback and view the item clearly.

I find that Amazon customises their app to display in portrait as well as landscape mode, something fk it Myntra haven't bothered with.
Old 10th May 2015, 09:59   #3145
Senior - BHPian

This is going to be a disaster for Myntra. I fail to understand what they are achieving by this nonsense move. I had read some statistics that 50% of the online shopping in India happens during office time and 35% shipping happens to office addresses. I really suspect one would be using their mobiles from offices to buy things online.

Last edited by poloman : 10th May 2015 at 10:02.
Old 10th May 2015, 10:44   #3146
Distinguished - BHPian

And now Myntra's website has a page mentioning the same:
The Online Shopping Thread-myntra-website-10may2015.jpg
They've also put some stats like this one:
The Online Shopping Thread-myntra-10may2015-phone-check-statistic.jpg
What they don't realize is that while people might check their phone 150 times, they're looking for phone call, SMS, email or WhatsApp notification. I don't see many people firing up a connection-heavy app (like a shopping app) multiple times just on a whim. Even with 3G, the delays are annoying enough to deter people from doing this.

Amusingly, on that same page, they've put in a tweet from a user that questions this move (among other curated tweets that praise their decision):
Name:  Myntra 10May2015 Tweet.gif
Views: 497
Size:  7.7 KB
I wonder how long it'll be for Myntra's marketers to spot and replace it with a more appropriate one. 10... 9...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Goodbye Myntra (& possibly flipkart if they too plan the same).
Silver lining: I'm indirectly happy about this move: it'll bring down my impulsive and 'want-not-need' purchases down to zero. I can't be bothered to keep fiddling around with my cell phone/tablet on these sites/apps unless there's something I specifically need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I had read some statistics that 50% of the online shopping in India happens during office time and 35% shipping happens to office addresses.
OT, but the amount of posting to TBHP that occurs during office hours is also notworthy Thank heavens the site doesn't offer a statistic of number of posts per hour per user!

Last edited by arunphilip : 10th May 2015 at 10:48. Reason: Replaced smaller 2 images with padded versions to allow TBHP watermark
Old 10th May 2015, 11:03   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Silver lining: I'm indirectly happy about this move: it'll bring down my impulsive and 'want-not-need' purchases down to zero. I can't be bothered to keep fiddling around with my cell phone/tablet on these sites/apps unless there's something I specifically need.

Agree with your assessment. I will never bother to buy anything on my mobile. I mercilessly deleted shopping apps which came bundled with the phone.
These companies may be seeing some spurt in shopping from mobile app, that can be attributed to discounts as high as 30% they offer only on app.
Another folly in going only app mode is missing the customers who go via googling the product online.

Last edited by poloman : 10th May 2015 at 11:13.
Old 10th May 2015, 11:20   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Please refer posts 3119 and 3220 on this thread
Old 10th May 2015, 11:29   #3149
BHPian

Phew. Just made my shopping from myntra last night. Looks like the last time. Must be some kind of contract with the providers or something. Also if they increase the number of those stupid notifications then I'm uninstalling them completely. Or flip kart might just be phasing away Myntra as 2 huge traffic websites would be harder to maintain.
Old 10th May 2015, 11:52   #3150
BHPian

I love the move by Myntra.. One site less for impulsive shopping

Shopping on the phone is a pain. Airtel data speeds are hopeless and wifi is not always available.

There is a credit card God somewhere watching over us

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks