Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 11:32   #2386
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Placed 2 orders with Flipkart :-

1) Mi powerbank on 27th Oct; delivered in Guwahati on 31st morning!

2) Henry Ford book on 28th Oct; delivered in Guwahati on 30th morning!

Mighty impressed with FK this time around. Btw, they had shown an estimated delivery date of 13th November in both cases but delivered much earlier.

However, a friend of mine ordered a Moto G phone and made online payment. 3 days later, he gets a mail that his order has been cancelled! They are yet to refund the money even after repeated follow up from his side for the last 1 week.
Old 1st November 2014, 12:25   #2387
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Two odd experiences with Amazon - Amazon.com (US) and Amazon.in

Bought some DVDs to be delivered to our address in the US - USPS status update says Address Incorrect! Really weird because they have delivered to that address several times so far.
Raised a grumble with Amazon.com because Im a Prime Member and literally within minutes I got a reply from them saying sorry and that they have reordered the items for me. The instantaneous update also happened on the order page of Amazon where they guarantee delivery by the same day by 9pm. Don't know if it has been received yet because they are supposed to leave the stuff at the apartment office.

Amazon.in - three DVDs awaited but it appears these are shipped by some oddball sellers who are using third class courier services like Aramex - these were supposed to be delivered by 30 Oct. I guess i will be lucky if I get them next week sometime. Hoping for the best.
Amazon.in however, has written back to my grumble note to them stating that they have taken up the matter internally and I should reach resolution by Nov 1st week.
Lets see.

Service recovery seems ok but then hey, I ve been shopping with them for nearly 15 years now so they had better value me as an old and loyal customer!
Old 1st November 2014, 14:48   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Placed orders with Flipkart :-

1) Mi powerbank on 27th Oct; delivered in Guwahati on 31st morning!

Mighty impressed with FK this time around. Btw, they had shown an estimated delivery date of 13th November in both cases but delivered much earlier.

+1

Ordered same thing on 30th Oct afternoon and rec'd today (1st Nov) before noon. Estimated delivery was shown as 4th Nov. My first experience with Flipkart and impressed with the service.

Talking about online shopping, fortunately, except for one item ordered from Germany which took many months to clear customs and one from UK which never turned up, rest all online purchases within India and abroad has been good so far over a period of say 3-4 years.
Old 1st November 2014, 15:22   #2389
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart, an ongoing story. Ongoing for far too long

I have registered two complaints by email via their site. The only response is the automated reply, with a today+n date by which they say it will be fixed. Of course, because it is automated, the date in the second reply is later than that in the first.

They ignore responses to those automated mails.

This morning I telephoned them and spoke to an automated-response human. Really! She said pretty much the same as one of the emails does!

"Sir, we cannot... Sir, we do not know... Sir, we request you to wait until... Sir, as soon as possible..."

I said "no" to every "request," and as-soon-as-possible was not even approaching good enough. I demanded delivery today, and refused to accept that they could not guarantee. If I worked in a call centre, I'd hate people like myself, because I can repeat my script as often as they can repeat theirs.

Post-phone-call...

Name:  flipkartfail2.png
Views: 729
Size:  52.7 KB

And now the Ecom site does say "Out for delivery." But I'll believe it when I see it
Old 1st November 2014, 18:17   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Exactly, in my case the price of items was only Rs. 500...
Some more interesting development in this regard. As I informed last after getting call from US and upon fourth call to Customer Care they cancelled my order and refunded my money in my Credit Card.
Suddenly today we get a call from Intercom that some courier guy has come. It is holiday today in Karnataka due to Kannada Rajyotsava Day. Then they took out one packet and delivered to us. It was nothing but the product that I ordered. Upon opening the packet I found that it is wrong product.

I immediately went to www.amazon.in site and looked for option of Return Package. When I clicked the return button, it displayed me message "Sorry, you cannot return this product, your return window is ended on 31st October". Ohh god, they delivered me on 1st November and I should be able to return it 1 day before of it.
I have no desire to keep the wrong product, which I never wanted that too for free as they returned my amount to my CC. That is too much of problem I am facing in this.
Old 1st November 2014, 18:36   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Jabong is back to its best service.
Ordered a Jack and Jones jeans yesterday evening at 5pm.
They dispatched at night with the message stating delivery date as 8 Nov. Delivery guy delivered it an hour back. For me, healthkart and jabong always deliver within 2 days of ordering.
Old 1st November 2014, 22:14   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Jabong is back to its best service.
Ordered a Jack and Jones jeans yesterday evening at 5pm.
They dispatched at night with the message stating delivery date as 8 Nov. Delivery guy delivered it an hour back. For me, healthkart and jabong always deliver within 2 days of ordering.
This may be true only for Metros. Here in Trivandrum, JABONG takes its own sweet time!
Old 1st November 2014, 22:51   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
This may be true only for Metros. Here in Trivandrum, JABONG takes its own sweet time!
All my orders originate from the warehouse in Gurgaon. Probably that's why i get them so quickly.
Old 2nd November 2014, 07:26   #2394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And now the Ecom site does say "Out for delivery." But I'll believe it when I see it
Yeah! It arrived around 5.00pm.

OK, maybe it might have done anyway, but, assuming not, the lesson is: never accept the scripted avoidance. "Sir, we don't know... Sir, We will try... Sir, we request you to wait another week." They cannot? They can, if we insist.

Second, I left it too long before complaining after seeing that the item was obviously stuck in Mumbai. I took it for granted that everything stopped for Diwalli. I shouldn't have done.
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:35   #2395
BHPian

A lot of complaints on the thread seem to be about delivery. That is still a very local part of the equation. It would be better to get in touch with the local courier guys servicing your area. That has worked well for me. Every courier company has to deal with local guys. That's where things get messed up , because theres always a couple of guys there that are on the job less than a week and don't know what they're doing.And the customer care will always look at the same tracking info that you looked at and come up with an excuse.

Last edited by drsingh : 2nd November 2014 at 12:38.
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:40   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Theres seems to be kindof a 'Clearance Book Sale' at Flipkart. Many books are priced with 90% discount.

I'm about to order 7 books. One of them is on Vehicle Refinement. Usual price is ~2,565, but offer price is Rs.59/-.
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:02   #2397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
One of them is on Vehicle Refinement. Usual price is ~2,565, but offer price is Rs.59/-.

Hahaha what was it? Not sure if you read it wrong, or if they changed the price already

The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg
Old 2nd November 2014, 14:42   #2398
BHPian

How safe it is to buy a product like TV from sellers listed under Snapdeal? Concerns mainly related to shipping and quality of products.
Old 2nd November 2014, 15:05   #2399
BHPian

Amazon may discontinue operations in India.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/14110...erations-india
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:30   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
How safe it is to buy a product like TV from sellers listed under Snapdeal? Concerns mainly related to shipping and quality of products.
Never bought a TV online and I will strongly suggest against it. Any expensive electronics purchase should be done through brick and mortar stores. You may have to shell out few extra bucks but piece of mind will be there.

However, if you are going to buy it online due to a sweet deal please make sure that Manufacturer will honor the warranty as many have decided not to honor online warranty. Also, make sure TV is covered in insurance if anything bad happens during transit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks