Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 00:08   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Snapdeal is going to have a huge sale tomorrow. I hope its nothing like FKs Big Billion Day flopshow.
Amazon has its Appiness sale on 11th too. Watch out for rants
Old 11th November 2014, 09:22   #2477
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

The Appiness sale is not applicable on the Windows Phone App. I mean, what the heck.

And Snapdeal's Sale is beyond words. Use attractive pricing to lure customers and then show normal prices thereafter.

The initial public offering!

The Online Shopping Thread-nexus-5.png

The price thereafter

The Online Shopping Thread-snapdeal-2.png

The price on the "normal" Flipkart?

The Online Shopping Thread-fk.png

The said price of 20999 is available with a particular seller that isn't chosen by default for some reason.

My Spidey senses sense a lot of anti-Snapdeal posts.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 11th November 2014 at 09:25.
Old 11th November 2014, 13:24   #2478
BHPian

I am looking to buy external hard drives, 2 TB, from Ali Express. Currently, they are priced between $43.5 to $55; Samsung and Seagate respectively.

I have had past purchase experiences with them, but the order value didn't exceed $10. Have received all items within 45 days. Items received as advertised.

Can I take a gamble this time and order the hard disk? Kindly suggest!
Old 11th November 2014, 13:37   #2479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I am looking to buy external hard drives, 2 TB, from Ali Express. Currently, they are priced between $43.5 to $55; Samsung and Seagate respectively.

I have had past purchase experiences with them, but the order value didn't exceed $10. Have received all items within 45 days. Items received as advertised.

Can I take a gamble this time and order the hard disk? Kindly suggest!
I wouldn't advise it.
What is the support situation in case of failure after buyer safety expires. Typically, use Ali for things that you won't find here, and for things that, if they work for the first week, will probably work for donkey's years.
The price is not an issue in such cases. I've bought stuff from 1 to a 150 USD, and got a replacement for a 50 USD item when it didn't work out of the box.

Last edited by mayankk : 11th November 2014 at 13:39.
Old 11th November 2014, 18:54   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

I wouldn't advise it.
What is the support situation in case of failure after buyer safety expires.
That's exactly what's holding me back. The only temptation is the price. Its almost half than what we get for here.

Still haven't ordered though!
Old 11th November 2014, 22:04   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
The Appiness sale is not applicable on the Windows Phone App. I mean, what the heck.

And Snapdeal's Sale is beyond words. Use attractive pricing to lure customers and then show normal prices thereafter.

The said price of 20999 is available with a particular seller that isn't chosen by default for some reason.

My Spidey senses sense a lot of anti-Snapdeal posts.
+1 This happened with iPhone 5S too. Price shown was 31.5K, but 40K in the Cart.

I've faced many a times about the Unfair practices of Snapdeal. That's the reason, till I now, I've never gone beyond the View Cart on Snapdeal, even though I've been shopping Online for many years.

I never got the time to describe in the manner and way you've visualized and posted the Screenshots. Thanks for showing to the World in the best understandable way. It always happen in the Aviation Sector, and now we're witnessing with Consumer goods.

Just imagine, If this happens in a B & M Stores. You'll end up assaulting the Person, who promised the Lower Price and wasting our time. Technology is available and can be used to show the available quantity and discounted Prices. If there is transparency, the prospective Customers will not be disappointed to miss the chance.

Last edited by jaaz : 11th November 2014 at 22:06.
Old 11th November 2014, 22:15   #2482
BHPian

For me atleast today, Amazon is cheaper.
And noticed this in Snapdeal iOS app. 12.05 pm, the bosch drill kit was 2699, 12.06pm sold out, 12.10pm 3299
This happened for most of the products. If it is a different seller, then why Snapdeal advertising?
Old 11th November 2014, 22:23   #2483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
+1 This happened with iPhone 5S too. Price shown was 31.5K, but 40K in the Cart.
Eventually, I ended up refreshing the page multiple times and when it finally showed the Nexus 5 16GB to be 20,999, hitting the Buy or Xpress Buy button would do absolutely nothing. The page just stared back at me.

I am not sure what Snapdeal were smoking this morning!
Old 11th November 2014, 23:05   #2484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Amazon has its Appiness sale on 11th too. Watch out for rants
Well, I picked up a DSLR today; the mobile app (which was showing about 10% lower price than their website) sorta-kinda crashed at the point of payment (after selecting CC but before the VbV site). I logged in to the desktop version, where my order was in "Payment Pending" state. Amount due was the desktop price. Given my confidence in Amazon in resolving issues, I made the payment anyway - and surprise! the SMS from Citibank confirmed that the charge was for the lower, mobile price.

Now, the wait for delivery. No expedited delivery options were available, but this could be SKU-specific. Mine's 3-5 business days or some such.

Edit: Just checked; the order is "In Transit - Package arrived at a courier facility" already. Delivery date is set to 15/11.

Last edited by binand : 11th November 2014 at 23:07.
Old 11th November 2014, 23:21   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Customer, You recently placed an order with us and we were unable to deliver it to you by October 22nd due to high festive volumes. We know you expect only the best from us and realize that our delivery service did not match your expectation. We have added a Rs.200 Gift Card to your Amazon Account as a token of our apology. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.
I got Rs. 200 from Amazon. Yay! :P
Old 12th November 2014, 06:46   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Thanks for recording this. It was not an one of case rather across categories. If an item (from a particular seller) which is offered @ 50% is sold out, why have it in the landing page at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Just imagine, If this happens in a B & M Stores. You'll end up assaulting the Person, who promised the Lower Price and wasting our time. Technology is available and can be used to show the available quantity and discounted Prices. If there is transparency, the prospective Customers will not be disappointed to miss the chance.
Exactly. Most conveniently, technology and traffic is blamed for such practices. Whereas the truth is plain cheating.
Old 12th November 2014, 08:48   #2487
BHPian

Hello folks,

I had a successful purchase @Snap deal. I have placed Order Just before Diwali (i.e 20th October) and got delivered on 28th October)

What I bought: Lenovo Laptop G510 Series (59-398474) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5 4200M- 500GB HDD- 4GB RAM- 15.6 Inches- Win8) (Black)
Price: 40,500/- (excluding 2000/- cash back on my Standard Chartered CC)
Experience: Delivered via Ecom express they were just horrible. They delivered after 2 days of package arrival in Bangalore (i.e 3rd day ). Package has quite a few wear and tear marks, however laptop worked flawlessely.

Hope this helps!
Old 12th November 2014, 11:52   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Snapdeal
I tracked the Nexus 5 across the day. It was pretty much the same vendor which was changing its prices on an hourly basis anywhere from 20234 to 20485 to 210xx to 27239 etc etc (Air Voi or something). To me, snapdeal's sale stank as bad as it could get.

If it was stocked out, I would have respected it. But between 10am and 9pm if the nexus 5 is still available anywhere from 20.2 to 27.2k, that's really pointless.
Old 12th November 2014, 14:26   #2489
BHPian

Another Point to be noted about Snapdeal Sale - The Hourly Sale.

Once the remaining Clock ticks 3, 2, 1, 0 and the Page is refreshed with a SOLD OUT Photo on all the Electronic items. Only the Fashion items were on Sale, which I didn't try.

I've an above average Internet Speed and how come so many items will go Sold Out within a Fraction of a Second ? The best way to teach a lesson to these dubious Web Portals is to avoid completely. Snapdeal sounds like " Sher Aaya", "Sher Aaya" and it turned into a bad joke.

NDTV Gadgets has reported that the So called Hourly Sale of Snapdeal is worse than Filpkart's Big Billion Sale.
Old 12th November 2014, 14:32   #2490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I just ordered a case for an Asus Fonepad. They say it has been despatched, but won't reach me until the end of the week. I wondered how that was possible unless it was coming from the other end of the country, so I checked, and ...it's coming from the other end of the country!
And, scheduled for next Saturday delivery, it arrived on Tuesday, so I'm happy to post a good mark for Flipkart

This was not WSRetail, but another vendor. The SMS progress information, including out-for-delivery, was better than on my previous couple of WSRetail orders. This was COD, Rs.1200, which was clearly marked on the address label and the delivery sheet, but the guy seemed bemused at my giving him the cash. There was no receipt: is this usual? I got him to sign on the address label.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks