Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2014, 10:54   #2566
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Amazon still manages to bring a smile on my face Order in the evening, shipped by night, get it on 3rd day morning. What was surprising was that the first item shipped and received by me was not an amazon fulfilled product.
Old 30th November 2014, 23:59   #2567
BHPian

We (wife and myself) decided to buy a printer, HP 3545 btw. While enquiring about the product at HP call centre we were asked where we reside (they wanted to inform us about the dealer closest to our residence). So I mentioned that I am considering buying online. So I was told that I will not get warranty if bought from Amazon but will get it if bought from Flipkart. Reason cited was that one is authorised reseller, the other is not.

So we placed order last Monday on Flipkart and paid by credit card. The order states delivery by Friday 28th November to our Noida address. Order tracking showed it reached Noida on Wednesday morning. We waited till Friday but no delivery. When we called on Friday evening Flipkart told us they are investigating and will take action against seller if necessary.

We contacted them again on Saturday and this time they told us the matter is out of their hands and gave us contact number of courier partner. The courier rep made some excuses and promised delivery by Monday 1st December. When I insisted he promised to try for delivery that day itself (Saturday). Delivery did not take place.

Today (Sunday) we got a message that the order has been cancelled and refund process initiated. They tried to contact us but we missed the calls. So is called back and the rep gave Uttar Pradesh sales tax issues as the reason they cannot deliver and so they cancelled the order.

I was flabbergasted and told the rep about their commitment made to me to deliver by a certain date and that i have already paid for that product and service. He was pretty helpless, and to make matters worse, told me refund will take upto 10 days.

My previous experiences with Flipkart were good but this one is a big disappointment. I have read Flipkart user experiences of not being allowed to cancel order before delivery took place, some before despatch, with the reason that "order has been processed". Here they are cancelling a customer's order after it has reached the last mile. Whatever sales tax problem they have is their's, not mine. It's not as if this is the first time they are attempting to deliver a computer electronic product in UP.
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:36   #2568
BHPian

Car Battery Voltage digital meter

http://www.ebay.in/itm/201184328063?...84.m1497.l2649

The item itself is very cheap, other sellers are selling them from around >1000 rupees on ebay itself

Product costs: 371 rupess
Shipping: Free in sellers local (Dapoli, MH, India), or 65 rupees for national shipment

Shipping was sent via FedEx. Item was sent on time and delivered promptly. Very happy with the product itself and it is a steal at that price.

If anyone has a cheaper price please do share.

Last edited by falconion : 2nd December 2014 at 18:38.
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:50   #2569
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered a Mobile case over Ebay. In fact I had ordered four of them for different phones. While two arrived through aramex, of course in the laziest manner, the other two were shipped by DTDC. Funny or rather angering thing is that yesterday morning it was despatched for delivery from the nearest hub and it hasn't been delivered till now. The status still says out for delivery.

I had initially assumed that they couldn't deliver yesterday and hence they would do it today. But I guess the day's over for today. I am worried that the shipment was lost or damaged or stolen during transit. Suppose the courier will mark it as delivered, how can I defend myself against it? The packages are usually received by my watchman and I had told him that it is expected anytime.

The worst part is DTDC isn't reachable by either their local contact, or helpline or their feedback form. Not sure what I should do now.
Old 3rd December 2014, 02:57   #2570
Distinguished - BHPian

One tablet (Asus Fonepad 2014) and one 64Gb memory card, ordered from Flipkart after 11.00pm on Sunday night, so, effectively Monday. Different sellers, but both next-day-guaranteed (stated as Tuesday).

Tablet arrived early Tuesday morning. Memory card by mid-afternoon.

Good
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:43   #2571
Senior - BHPian

Check this: Brands cry foul over counterfeit products on e-commerce sites
Quote:
Consumer brands and channel partners are turning the heat on India's online retailers, accusing them of not only undercutting prices but also encouraging the sale of counterfeit goods by sellers of dubious origins on their sites.

Sani recently discovered that a seller on Snapdeal was retailing counterfeit goods under the JBL brand, for which his company has the exclusive distribution rights in India.

Bangalore-based Chumbak, which designs and sells goods online has faced similar issues on various e-commerce portals including Flipkart and eBay. ,

"We noticed the problem in September, when a couple of customers came to our kiosks in Delhi-NCR and told our sales staff that they had bought a product and the design is peeling off. We realised these were fake," said Vivek Prabhakar, co-founder of the Bengaluru-based kitsch brand.

"India's Consumer Protection Act does not have the provisions to really protect the consumer in such a case, or hold the marketplace liable for the sale of counterfeit goods, since the e-commerce company can possibly say that they are just a 'mandi,' or a platform, and are not responsible for the actions of the sellers on the same," said Kalha.
Old 3rd December 2014, 16:21   #2572
BHPian

I had posted a review about a Disney Sunglass which i bought for my daughter which i think is fake , however the review was moderated and deleted.
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:10   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
One tablet (Asus Fonepad 2014) and one 64Gb memory card, ordered from Flipkart after 11.00pm on Sunday night, so, effectively Monday. Different sellers, but both next-day-guaranteed (stated as Tuesday).

Tablet arrived early Tuesday morning. Memory card by mid-afternoon.

Good
SECOND fonepad? you're really liking this, aren't you? tell us more.

Thought you were happy with the compaq keyboard, it was the missus who needed these thingmajigs
Old 4th December 2014, 02:05   #2574
Distinguished - BHPian

Hee hee...

Mrs needs a tablet because she has been spending a lot of time at pregnant daughter's place while hubby was away on business. Whilst she is absolutely not the hands-on-grandmother type, still, she will be regularly when baby is born. Which is any time now.

Mr needs a tablet because he... because I am going on a two-week holiday, all of 10km up the road, to be in the thick of the Chennai Music Season. Walking distance from 9.00am concerts instead of get up, wake up (the hardest parts), and drive. I need internet if only to tell me where I should be, minute by minute!

And it's kind-of a nice toy: at Rs.8,000 it's an easy buy, whereas at 10k or 20k it would not feel worth it.
Old 4th December 2014, 14:15   #2575
BHPian

My redmi note arrives in 2 days flat from Flipkart. Paid for it on 2nd evening, no status update all day on 3rd. Today morning (4th Dec), I get a call at 8:45am for delivery by the flipkart person.

Awesome delivery speed for RedMi note - just in 40 hours
Old 4th December 2014, 14:30   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
My redmi note arrives in 2 days flat from Flipkart. Paid for it on 2nd evening, no status update all day on 3rd. Today morning (4th Dec), I get a call at 8:45am for delivery by the flipkart person.

You should have included a small review of your Redmi Note, which would be the most important part of your post IMO.
How is it so far ? It is on Android 4.2.2. Is there an update available Out of the box ?

EDIT: Maybe also include the review here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...mods-1331.html

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 4th December 2014 at 14:33.
Old 5th December 2014, 00:20   #2577
Senior - BHPian

Amazon just Amazed me !!

Order placed at 2:56 AM in the middle of night. Delivered at 3:00 PM same day !!
I understand it is within Bangalore, but still. I am now very happy.
Catch is that you find a seller within your city. Same city delivery happens the quickest !

Name:  ForumRunner_20141205_001849.png
Views: 768
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20141205_001924.png
Views: 727
Size:  108.2 KB

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 5th December 2014 at 00:22.
Old 5th December 2014, 08:07   #2578
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a few car care products from Autotrends.in on the 2nd Dec and the products were delivered on 3rd Dec. This time Fedex surprised me by delivering within a day. Last time I ordered from the same website, the products reached me after 6 days and I had personally go and collect it from Fedex branch in Thane. I guess the Diwali delivery delay backlash had the Fedex guys on their toes.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:34   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

And mine has still not been delivered (in Poona). Obviously their service various a lot.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:35   #2580
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered my Redmi Note on Dec 2nd and just received it. Will use it and let you know my thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks